“Good location for T2 flights.”

NH Collection Mexico City Airport T2
Ranked #33 of 305 Hotels in Mexico City
Queretaro City, Mexico
“Good location for T2 flights.”
Reviewed 22 April 2014

We got to this hotel with a prepaid reservation, and had our receipt. At the front desk we were asked to leave a credit card because they did not receive the confirmation from the agency, it really bothered me because this was a problem between the agency and the hotel, not mine. I had the confirmed reservation and the receipt.
The hotel is really convenient for a T2 flight, we made our web check in and had to be at the gate 45 min before our flight, we had an extra hour sleep. You can walk to the gate in about 5 minutes or less.
We had a drink at the bar and service was TERRIBLE, I had to stand up to get some straws because no one was around, no waiter and no bartender.
Expensive hotel for what you get, I would rather stay at the Camino Real at T1 and take the air train, it costs less than half.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jpmfv
DireccionNHTerminal2, Director General at NH Collection Mexico City Airport T2, responded to this review, 4 May 2014
Dear Guest

I would like to thank you for the time you took to write to us about your recent experience at the NH Aeropuerto Terminal 2 hotel in Mexico City, I do value your feedback and apologize for the inconveniences you had during your stay.

The issues you experienced are definitiley not the norm and I have taken the necessary steps, and my team and I will continue to make sure that these types of situations don't occur again.

My team and I would appreciate the opportunity of being able to welcome you back to NH Aeropuerto Terminal 2 and of being of service to you in the near future, I am sure you will find positive changes tou or service. Once again, please accept our most ssincere apologies.

Hotel Director

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Lima, Peru
Reviewed 9 April 2014

I've stay in this hotel when I transit to other cities in Mexico. The hotel is walking distance in T2, so very convenient to stay overnight. Overall it is a good option to transit. Bedroom is clean and spacious. Counter Receptionist treat yous request fast. However sometimes there are many passengers waiting in line to check in or out and the waiting time is to much. Vanity set are ok and bathroom has a good shower separated from toilet. Spacious lobby and nice environment during check in and out. For my taste is is quite expensive and they should have better rates to stay overnight considering that they are not including breakfast in the rate.

Room Tip: Don't have breakfast as they charge the equivalent of US$ 20, that can be taken in the airport a...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank DagoSan50
DireccionNHTerminal2, Director General at NH Collection Mexico City Airport T2, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Dear Guest

I would like to thank you for the time you took to review your recent experience at the NH Aeropuerto Terminal 2 hotel in Mexico City, we welcome your feedback and value the assessment of our hotel's installations and services.

Our aim is to provide our guests with excellent service, quality food and beverages and a comfortable room to rest in especially before or after a long flight. I am sorry your check in and check out took a little longer than is normal and I do apologize for this inconvenience.

My team and I appreciate the opportunity we had of being of service to you and if you have time on your next visit to Mexico City I would be honored to meet you personally.

Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed 30 March 2014

We missed our connection to Cabo and needed sleep. Nh Hotel was available. We were prepared for mediocre conditions. What we got was a room that was well designed for the traveler, showers that were delightful, service that met every need, and food that was amazing and healthy with something for every taste. Rodolfo Tapia, the restaurant manager even sent us off w salsa that we loved. Great, great experience! Highly recommend...and I never say that lighly.

Room Tip: Allergy concerns? Wood laminate floors, no dreadful carpeting made sleeping easier. Coffee pot that...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Magdalena N
DireccionNHTerminal2, Director General at NH Collection Mexico City Airport T2, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Dear Guest

Our aim is to provide our guests with excellent service, quality food and beverages and a comfortable room to rest in especially before or after a long flight and I am glad we met your expectations. I will be sure to pass on your comments and compliment our Restaurant Manager for the service he provided you with.

My team and I appreciate the opportunity we had of being of service to you and will be glad to welcome you back to NH Aeropuerto Terminal 2 in the near future,

Panama City, Panama
Reviewed 21 March 2014

Simply located to the terminal does warrant an overpriced product. Front desk staff experience remains inconsistent. Check-in procedure is tedious while checking out early mornings be prepared for only one staff member on duty and a lengthy delay while standing in line with frustrated customers (not a good way to start the day). Electronic key card entry systems to rooms can present a challenge to gain access to your room. I was required to change rooms while the maintenance/bell-man work on the original room door for an hour to gain entry. My wallet was in safe and luggage trapped. Breaking the door down was the hotel's next plan. Floor tiles in the bathroom are lethal when wet (very slick) there exists the potential for a very serious accident resulting from poor traction. Air conditioning in room is difficult to set temperature and cool room down. Room Service prices are over priced, mini-bar is locked while condiments selection is marginal and prices are high. Think twice before selecting this hotel. Location is its only attribute.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with NH Hotels

Dear Guest

The issues you experienced are definitiley not the norm and I can assure you that we are taking steps to ensure these types of situations do not occur in the future. I would like to inform you that all of our key card readers are being replaced and the issues with the door locks should be fixed within a short period of time.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Incredibly rude and deficient staff. We arrived too early to check-in. As we waited in the uncomfortable lobby, we were accosted by security on three separate occasions. Hector from the front desk was too busy watching the soccer game to inform us when a room was actually ready. But the worst aspect was the lack of response from hotel manager, Sr. Carlos Romero, when I sent emails addressing these issues. If service defines a hotel, this location is a lowly, mediocre one.

Another negative: no on site reception office in T-1 to facilitate transportation.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Carrie G
DireccionNHTerminal2, Director General at NH Collection Mexico City Airport T2, responded to this review, 15 March 2014
Dear Guest

The issues you experienced are definitiley not the norm and I have taken the necessary steps, and my team and I will continue to make sure that these types of situations never occur again. As far as the inter-terminal transportation is concerned, I would like to inform you that we have a free shuttle service between the terminals for all of our guests, I wll also make sure that this information is available when making your reservation, whether on line or through our reservations department.

Conway, Arkansas
Reviewed 24 February 2014 via mobile

I like this hotel because you don't have to ever leave the airport. Great for a short layover. Starbucks and vendors right outside elevators. Quick check in, long walk to room. No in room single serve coffee maker. Great shower and amenities. Very restful stay. I've heard restraint is excellent but I didn't get a chance to try.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
DireccionNHTerminal2, Director General at NH Collection Mexico City Airport T2, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Dear Guest

I would like to thank you for the time you took to review our hotel, we appreciate all of our guest´s comments since the feedback we obtain helps us to better our services and ensure your expectations are met and hopefuly exceeded.

My team and I would be happy to be of service to you on your next visit to Mexico City.

Arturo freihofer
Cambridge
Reviewed 7 February 2014

Just stayed one night here on layover between UK and Peru. Expected some challenges transfering between terminals but couldn't have been easier (and safer) with the sky train. Also for once, spanish signs actually pointed in correct direction...Easy check-in with friendly staff. rooms large and (for an airport) quiet. Circular design also meant room looked out onto circular central courtyard which whilst functional in design was impressive against a blue sky and helped keep the noise down.
Breakfast was up to usual NH standards and, if possible, more extensive than usual.
All in all a good experiance and one i'd repeat.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
DireccionNHTerminal2, Director General at NH Collection Mexico City Airport T2, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Dear Guest

I am happy that we were able to meet and your expectations, and my team and I appreciate the opportunity we had of being of service to you and will be glad to welcome you back to NH Aeropuerto Terminal 2 in the near future,