Las Alcobas
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Busue a Boutique Experience Hotel(Mexico City)
Suites Obelisk(Mexico City)
Hotel Polanco(Mexico City)
  • Restaurant
W Mexico City(Mexico City)
  • Pool
  • Pool
Hotel Habita(Mexico City)
Las Suites(Mexico City)
View Hotel
All reviewsdulce patriaboutique hotelmini barpolanco neighborhoodhead conciergethe general managerwelcome drinkcorner roomhigh end shoppingpresidente masarykrain showermexican breakfastcomfortable bedlovely roomrestaurant reservationswonderful staysmall hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 March 2014

This hotel is a gem. My wife and I stayed three nights over a weekend in February and enjoyed everything about it. The accommodations and service were superb and we liked the location in a predominately residential and shopping area. The hotel is within easy walking distance of both the Museo Somayor, which houses the enormous (66,000 items) personal art collection of Mexican telecom magnate Carlos Slim, and the Bosque de Chapultepec, the huge park that includes the zoo, botanical gardens and several museums. We choose a weekend package that included a full and excellent breakfast each morning as well as a 50-minute massage for each of us. The entire staff, including Hervé Blondel, the general manager, was attentive, friendly and helpful with everything from transportation to restaurant recommendations and reservations.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank hughstevens
LasAlcobasGerente, General Manager at Las Alcobas, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Dear hughstevens
Thank you so much for your kind review. We are glad you were able to enjoy Mexico city. Our city is second in the world for the quantity of Museum and has you mentionned we have four of them around the corner, Jumex, Soumaya, Tamayo and the Anthropoligucal Museums.
We will be waiting for you to come and visit us again for more adventures.
Las Alcobas your new home in Mexico city.
Yours sincerely,

Herve F. Blondel - General Manager

Reviewed 8 March 2014

We had a great time spent in Mexico City, thanks to the staffs and especially the GM, Mr, Herve Blondel was extremely helpful during our stay. He took care of us, despite the unpleasant breakfast experience, which he took immediate action on and everything went very well. I want to thank him for his professionalism in taking care of my family and I recommend this hotel unconditionally.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Pauline C
LasAlcobasGerente, General Manager at Las Alcobas, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2014

Dear Paulinezurich,
Thank you very much for your comments. The team and I appreciate your feedback and comments. I hope you were able to enjoy the remainder of your trip and relax in Cancun/Playa del Carmen.
We all hope you can come again to Mexico city for another Birthday.
Amitiés,
Hervé F. Blondel - General Manager

Reviewed 1 March 2014

We stayed here twice in the last month. On the first occasion I have nothing but praise for the six nights we stayed in a room which was not 37. The hotel staff are all courteous and go out of their way to help. The attention to detail was clear in the room, and the service from door staff to waiters was excellent. Early morning tea is a great bonus, and the continental breakfast was very good. The pastries match those in the top French hotels, and the fruit salad is refreshing and freshly prepared.

However, on our return for one night en route to the airport, we were placed in room 37. Not only is this a much less nice room, it is also incredibly noisy as a previous contributor has said. There was permanent noise and I was awoken abruptly before 5 am by very loud banging on a door. The room also had several faults, which we mentioned on leaving, and no doubt will have been rectified. If this had been my only experience of this hotel it would undoubtedly have had a poor rating.

Room Tip: Not room 37!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CED
LasAlcobasGerente, General Manager at Las Alcobas, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Dear CED,
Thank you for writing your review. We are already looking to find a solution for room 37.
I hope that your journey back home went well and that you are feeling better. Mexico is an amazing country and there is a lot to discover and still more to see.
I hope you will be able to come again to visit us soon.
Yours sincerely,
Herve F. Blondel - General Manager

Reviewed 26 February 2014

This hotel is located in Polanco which is a very nice area to stay in with lots of restaurants, cafes and boutiques. Being a small hotel it does not offer a pool, a sun deck or a bar. It is a stylish, contemporary hotel with excellent service overall. The spa consits of only 2 massage rooms but the professionals were very good. The area that needs urgent improvement is their breakfast. Their continental breakfast doesn't include bread, butter or jam. You have to keep asking the waiters to serve you each piece of bread. The waiters are very badly trained and have a bad attitude!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank sandra h
LasAlcobasGerente, General Manager at Las Alcobas, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Dear sandra h,
Thank you very much for your feedback. Your comments are really important to our team and we have been immediately working on this issue. I hope you will be able to come to Mexico and Las Alcobas sometime soon. Please feel free to contact me directly
h.blondel@lasalcobas.com

Herve Blondel - General Manager

Reviewed 25 February 2014

Just had our breakfast earlier and the service was terribly disappointing and unprofessional! No smile and rude is answering my questions and I had to even serve my coffee! I have two more days here in this hotel and I hope the services improves!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Chao-Kuang C
LasAlcobasGerente, General Manager at Las Alcobas, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

Dear Mr. Chen,
I appreciate your writing your comments, as you are still inhouse I would love to speak with you about your experience.
Once I apreciate you and your family staying with us.
Herve Blondel - General Manager