Las Alcobas
Agoda.com
Zocalo Central(Mexico City)
US$303
US$173
All reviewsdulce patriaboutique hotelmini barpolanco neighborhoodhead conciergethe general managerwelcome drinkcorner roomhigh end shoppingpresidente masarykrain showermexican breakfastcomfortable bedlovely roomrestaurant reservationswonderful staysmall hotel
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Selected this hotel based on TripAdvisor reviews and it definitely lived up to those stellar reviews. Having never been to Mexico City before I have to say that from the minute I stepped into Las Alcobas I felt at home. The staff made me feel welcome right away. Was in room 65 which had a wonderful layout and absolutely no noise. The rooms are very high tech, which was fun and functional. The free mini bar items were so appreciated. We had room service breakfast each morning and it always came within 10 minutes (Never, ever had service like that in any other hotel). The restaurant, Anatol is very chic, but comfortable, and the food delicious. The neighborhood, Polanco is absolutely the perfect place to stay for a first time visitor. Everything you could want is right outside your door, restaurants, bars, shops, museums, parks. The staff helped us with everything, cabs, info about sights, and even walked us to a nearby restaurant because they wanted to make sure we would find it. We also had massages, as part of our package and it was a great way to unwind after a day of sightseeing. There is only one thing I wish Las Alcobas had - a lobby bar, but honestly there are plenty right outside the door. Considered staying at Four Seasons, but am so thrilled that we stayed here. It was the perfect unique hotel to stay in, in a fascinating and exciting city. Can't wait to come back and stay again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank beladublin
LasAlcobasGerente, General Manager at Las Alcobas, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Dear beladublin,
Thank you very mcuh for your comments that I have already shared with the staff and thank you for allowing us to be your hosts while in Mexico city. Remember that you have a home with Las Alcobas.
We are looking forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

We were here, both as a couple and on business. We have been to Mexico City many times, but have never stayed here.

Fantastic location.....safe and right in the middle of the fabulous neighborhood Polanco. Not a romantic hotel, nor in any way Mexican. You could be anywhere in the world. Very business oriented it seemed to me, from the clientele.
This hotel is managed in the best way one can ever ask for and the attention to detail is pure and simple immaculate.
When we arrived we were greeted at the reception, then shown our room. This hotel is quite high tech, so we needed some instructions, how to work the lighting- which was cool, but for some maybe complicated- working the blinds etc. We had lovely welcome drink and settled in.

I have to say......what drove us to ecstasy was our shower. The most amazing thing ever! I could have spent a day in there....the whole bathroom was huge and fabulous...amazing bath/spa products, and as a woman, I always appreciate that.

And more to come. Wonderful bed, pillows and duvet, free minibar apart from the alcohol. Great little Mexican metal boxes with chocolates inside.

We actually had a whole night free in wonderful Mexico City, but we were knackered and actually elected to stay in our room....that's how nice it was! Very unusual for us.

The breakfast was of equal measure, delicious food, fresh, tasty, beautifully presented, attention to detail and top quality again and courteous staff throughout.

And the manager is around, greeting guests, taking notice.

Las Alcobas is a great place to stay, major attention to luxury, quality and efficiency.

One big problem, I thought: there is nowhere to hang out, conduct business etc. We always love that in a hotel. Lounges, where we can meet up with our Mexico City crew, but here we felt we were contained to the lobby or our room. The restaurant is on the side and you have to exit the hotel to get there. And zero outdoor space, and I missed

Visually this hotel is not so much my style. It is, as earlier written, more of a business hotel. Nothing Mexican here....You could be in Finland. But very tasteful.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Pernille W
LasAlcobasGerente, General Manager at Las Alcobas, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Dear Pernille W,
Thank you so much for your kind review and I am glad you get to experience our property.
Also keep in mind that you have a new home in Mexico and the shower is waiting for you.
Hope to see you again soon for your next trip in Mexico city.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

If you like the HIGH LIFE with back rubs this is the place to good
Got a Tan GOT DRUNK and got crasy.If you have the money to though
around and are not afraid of over doing it! then this is the perfect place to
do to!
I ordered a steak Rare I (mead red in the middle and it was served
to me still bleeding PERFECT attention to detail OOOO YAAAAAAAA!
this is the place you want to get pampered! Does not get any better the this.
I is a nice change from all the saw dust joints I have to stay in during the
week! afther a hard week I STAY HERE!

Room Tip: Tip Heavy in Advance
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Charle A
LasAlcobasGerente, General Manager at Las Alcobas, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Dear Charle A,
Thank you for staying with us at las Alcobas. I am glad you enjoyed the food in our restaurant Anatol as well as the quality of the service in the Hotel. We are looking forward to your next stay with us.
I remain at your disposal to assist you to your next trip to our city.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

Our stay in Mexico City was made super comfortable and easy at this hotel. There can't be a more accommodating or friendly and polite staff who helped with taxis, restaurants, theatre tickets. The breakfast is excellent. Lunch at Anatol was a highlight with friendly service, good food and super fresh fish caught that morning. Comfortable rooms. Have a jet lag massage to ease into your visit. The a is excellent.
Close to Jumex,Tamayo or Anthropological museums.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Marshall W
LasAlcobasGerente, General Manager at Las Alcobas, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Dear YYZTraveler2010,
Thank you for being a guest at Las Alcobas. It has been a pleasure meeting you and I hope you had a nice trip back home. Remember that you have a home and friends waiting for you in Mexico city.
Once again thank you for staying with us and please feel free to reach out to us if we can assist you in organizing your next trip to Mexico.
Hervé F. Blondel - General Manager

Reviewed 16 March 2014

My husband and I enjoyed our stay at Las Alcobas. The customer service from the front desk and in the hotel was fabulous. Our room was also excellent. The only slight disappointments were the restaurants and breakfast included in our rates. That said, the hotel is located near many fun dining options.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kate133

Dear Kate133,
Thank you very much for being a guest at las Alcobas and your review. We do value your comments and we already made some adjustmenents on our breakfast. We hope that you will consider las Alcobas as your home in Mexico City. We are looking forward to have you stay again with us sometime soon. Please contact me directly if there is anything we can assist you with in your future trip.
Herve F Blondel - General Manager