“Very courteous staff”

Ranked #2 of 309 Hotels in Mexico City
Pune, India
“Very courteous staff”
Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

Our stay at the Las alcobas was amazing, it has one of the friendliest staff. Our four days stay recently was excellent. Would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a great location with good amenities and excellent and supportive staff.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
LasAlcobasDF, Director of Sales at Las Alcobas Mexico DF, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your positive comments and recommendation! We are delighted that you enjoyed our staff and we hope to see you again very soon.

Kindly,

Hotel Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
  • Korean first
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 30 March 2014

I stayed here while attending the wedding of my former employee and what I like the most was that the service was all done without seeing any of it. The room was made up quickly while I was out at lunch or sightseeing and the turn down service happened invisibly. Really spectacular. The hotel restaurant was also fantastic. Best margarita I've ever had and a continental menu for when you've had a little too much Mexican or Mexican fusion meals around town. Easy walking distance to many sights and a small park. The airport car service that can be arranged on their reservation website was also flawless. Highly recommend adding that service over a taxi.
I didn't use the spa but some other wedding guests did and gave it rave reviews. A pool would be nice but I doubt there is anywhere to put one. Probably my only gripes are that there isn't a lobby bar and the restaurant isn't open on Sunday. Breakfast and room service seem to be available on Sundays and there are good restaurant choices nearby so not a huge issue. With all of the wedding guests meeting for various events, it would have been nice to convene in, "the lobby bar" if there was one. The hotel rate changed within minutes after I booked so make sure you get the right number of days booked and book early for the best rate.
Lastly, the staff was super friendly and helpful and very patient with my poor Spanish speaking ability.

1 Thank Octopusguy
LasAlcobasGerente, General Manager at Las Alcobas Mexico DF, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Dear Octopusguy,
Thank you for staying with us and I am glad you had time to enjoy Mexico city and its Museums as well as enjoy the wedding you attented. Polanco is an amazing vibrant part of the city that we are glad to be part of. Now that you have a home in Mexico city you won't have to wait for another wedding to visit us.
St. Louis, MO
Reviewed 30 March 2014

This hotel is in the upscale Polanco area in downtown Mexico City. The area itself is being developed into a showcase area of the city. It has fine dining, upscale shopping, and a neighborhood feel. There is a nearby park with a few attractions.

The hotel itself is very nice. The staff are helpful and everyone speaks English. Our room was a nice size, and felt luxurious. The bathroom was very modern with a multi-jet shower and a big bathtub. The living area had plenty of closets and two doors that folded out into a full length mirror. There is a minibar with free non-alcoholic refreshments and snacks. There is also a desk area for business travelers.

The service was the key at this hotel. My free massage was excellent, and a pre-massage package was sent to my room beforehand. Since it was my wife's birthday that week, we were greeted with cake as soon as we settled in our room. There was no ironing board. Instead, there was a ironing service, where clothes were picked up and promptly dropped off again.

The free breakfast was nice. It can be brought to the room or you can eat in the dining room. Both services were enjoyable.

All-in-all I would say that this hotel was a nice place to stay.

2 Thank seamonkeee
Dear seamonkeee,
Thank you for writing this kind review and for Selecting Las Alcobas for your wife's birthday.
Now you have a home in Mexico city and i am glad that we were able to assist you in making this a special event.
We are all looking forwad to you have you staying with us for your birthday as well.
Pune, India
Reviewed 30 March 2014

We stayed in this hotel this March and it was a wonderful experience. Location is great, one of the premium locality. Great restaurant around. Close to Anthropology museum as well as other art museums.
Room was of optimum size with all the facilities. Service was great, very cordial staff. Breakfast in the morning was served in small cozy place. I enjoyed the mexican breakfast served there.
Thanks to all the staff.

Der Mr. and Mrs Mittal,
It was a pleasure to meet you and i am glad you were able to experience Mexico city. As you know there is a lot more to see and discover and hopefully next time around we will have more information in English in our Museums.
Once again thank you for staying with us and we are looking forward seeig you again.
Phoenix
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Selected this hotel based on TripAdvisor reviews and it definitely lived up to those stellar reviews. Having never been to Mexico City before I have to say that from the minute I stepped into Las Alcobas I felt at home. The staff made me feel welcome right away. Was in room 65 which had a wonderful layout and absolutely no noise. The rooms are very high tech, which was fun and functional. The free mini bar items were so appreciated. We had room service breakfast each morning and it always came within 10 minutes (Never, ever had service like that in any other hotel). The restaurant, Anatol is very chic, but comfortable, and the food delicious. The neighborhood, Polanco is absolutely the perfect place to stay for a first time visitor. Everything you could want is right outside your door, restaurants, bars, shops, museums, parks. The staff helped us with everything, cabs, info about sights, and even walked us to a nearby restaurant because they wanted to make sure we would find it. We also had massages, as part of our package and it was a great way to unwind after a day of sightseeing. There is only one thing I wish Las Alcobas had - a lobby bar, but honestly there are plenty right outside the door. Considered staying at Four Seasons, but am so thrilled that we stayed here. It was the perfect unique hotel to stay in, in a fascinating and exciting city. Can't wait to come back and stay again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank beladublin
Dear beladublin,
Thank you very mcuh for your comments that I have already shared with the staff and thank you for allowing us to be your hosts while in Mexico city. Remember that you have a home with Las Alcobas.
We are looking forward to seeing you again.
Hudson, New York, United States
Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

We were here, both as a couple and on business. We have been to Mexico City many times, but have never stayed here.

Fantastic location.....safe and right in the middle of the fabulous neighborhood Polanco. Not a romantic hotel, nor in any way Mexican. You could be anywhere in the world. Very business oriented it seemed to me, from the clientele.
This hotel is managed in the best way one can ever ask for and the attention to detail is pure and simple immaculate.
When we arrived we were greeted at the reception, then shown our room. This hotel is quite high tech, so we needed some instructions, how to work the lighting- which was cool, but for some maybe complicated- working the blinds etc. We had lovely welcome drink and settled in.

I have to say......what drove us to ecstasy was our shower. The most amazing thing ever! I could have spent a day in there....the whole bathroom was huge and fabulous...amazing bath/spa products, and as a woman, I always appreciate that.

And more to come. Wonderful bed, pillows and duvet, free minibar apart from the alcohol. Great little Mexican metal boxes with chocolates inside.

We actually had a whole night free in wonderful Mexico City, but we were knackered and actually elected to stay in our room....that's how nice it was! Very unusual for us.

The breakfast was of equal measure, delicious food, fresh, tasty, beautifully presented, attention to detail and top quality again and courteous staff throughout.

And the manager is around, greeting guests, taking notice.

Las Alcobas is a great place to stay, major attention to luxury, quality and efficiency.

One big problem, I thought: there is nowhere to hang out, conduct business etc. We always love that in a hotel. Lounges, where we can meet up with our Mexico City crew, but here we felt we were contained to the lobby or our room. The restaurant is on the side and you have to exit the hotel to get there. And zero outdoor space, and I missed

Visually this hotel is not so much my style. It is, as earlier written, more of a business hotel. Nothing Mexican here....You could be in Finland. But very tasteful.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Pernille W
LasAlcobasGerente, General Manager at Las Alcobas Mexico DF, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Dear Pernille W,
Thank you so much for your kind review and I am glad you get to experience our property.
Also keep in mind that you have a new home in Mexico and the shower is waiting for you.
Hope to see you again soon for your next trip in Mexico city.
San Jose, Costa Rica
Reviewed 24 March 2014

If you like the HIGH LIFE with back rubs this is the place to good
Got a Tan GOT DRUNK and got crasy.If you have the money to though
around and are not afraid of over doing it! then this is the perfect place to
do to!
I ordered a steak Rare I (mead red in the middle and it was served
to me still bleeding PERFECT attention to detail OOOO YAAAAAAAA!
this is the place you want to get pampered! Does not get any better the this.
I is a nice change from all the saw dust joints I have to stay in during the
week! afther a hard week I STAY HERE!

Room Tip: Tip Heavy in Advance