“Convenient and affordable”

Ranked #139 of 310 Hotels in Mexico City
York, United Kingdom
“Convenient and affordable”
Reviewed 22 September 2011

GP is located in not a nice area, but at a mere 10 minutes drive from the airport’s Terminal 1 (frequent shuttle service included in the 63 Dollars tariff), it becomes a sensible choice to anyone looking for a clean and affordable place to spend the night.
The reception staff is friendly. Rooms are clean, big, and nicely decorated, once you get over the overwhelming purple walls. Breakfast was available for 90 Pesos, we didn’t try it so can’t comment on it.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Madrid
Reviewed 30 June 2011

This is one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed in. On the advertising photos the hotel looks nice. And this why I have chosen it. BIG MISTAKE! The entrance, the lobby, the corridors and the doors to the rooms are OK. But when you get to the room it looks like a ghetto hotel room. The room is dark, the curtains are dark, the bed cover is dark... The bathroom is big, but it looks old and it is old.

I could not find any electric socket in the room to recharge my mobile phone, so I had to move the desk with the TV, as the only available socket I could find was behind.

The room gives to a noisy street with all night traffic. There was no heating in the room, so it was really cold even with the light blanket that was available.

Internet connection. I could not connect to the internet and went to the lobby for assistance. Nobody was able to assist me. I wanted to use one of the computers in the lobby. One of the receptionists was using the second one. The computer I wanted to use did not work so I asked the receptionist what could I do. I don't remember the reply, but I gave up and went back to my room.

Luckily I have stayed only few hours in this hotel as I had an early flight. I usually stay at the very nice NH Aeropuerto T2 which is conveniently located nearly in the hall of the Mexico airport, but this time it was fully booked.

I do not recommend this hotel to anyone. Don't buy the advertising photos!!!

The only good thing of this hotel is the free of charge transfer from and to the airport.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank Kolia

Travellers are raving about these Mexico City hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mexico City
Holiday Inn Express Mexico Aeropuerto
Holiday Inn Express Mexico Aerop...
#111 of 310 in Mexico City
Hotel San Marcos
Hotel San Marcos
#25 of 72 in San Cristobal de las Casas
Holiday Inn Plaza Dali Mexico City

Been to Grand Prix Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Grand Prix Hotel

Property: Grand Prix Hotel
Address: Av. Rio Churubusco No. 200 | Colonia Granjas, Mexico City 08400, Mexico
Region: Mexico > Central Mexico and Gulf Coast > Mexico City
Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Parking Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #139 of 310 Hotels in Mexico City
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Grand Prix Hotel 3.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Grand Prix Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Grand Prix Hotel Mexico City