“Bad service personnel” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #139 of 305 Hotels in Mexico City
Brasilia, DF
“Bad service personnel”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2013

This hotel have good and cleaned rooms, ok. But service personnel is the worst I have ever seing in my whole life!!! More than badly treated, I felt humiliated by night shift employees. When they realized I was complaining with the manager they simply started to call my room during the dawn!!! Unbelievable, isn't it???

Room Tip: If your room has a view to the avenue, then congratulations: you won't sleep because traffic is...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Marcela M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
San Diego
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2013

This place is sandwiched between noisy expressways, one of which is a double-decker, hence the name "Grand Prix".
The mattress was in dire need of a retrofit, as I could feel each coil, and the bed marshmallowed onto itself.
The neighborhood is quite shoddy, as all the other reviewers can attest.
I have Hotwire.com to thank for landing me in this "gem".

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank chokicharles

Travellers are raving about these Mexico City hotels

El Paso, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2013

We stayed at this hotel for one night while transferring planes in Mexico City (12 hour layover). The free airport shuttle is fast and comfortable. This is also one of the few hotels that allowed us to stay in one room with 3 kids. Most hotels make you take a second room when there are 5 people regardless of age and the price was very reasonable.

The room was nice. It had two separate bedrooms with a door with two twin beds in one and a nice king size on the other room.

We got there late so the restaurant was just closing so we could not try it. There are plenty of vending machines with coffee, sandwiches, and various snacks. They are reasonably priced. The staff is friendly and the hotel feels safe. Woke up early and took the shuttle to the airport that leaves every 30 minutes. We had breakfast at the airport in the interest of time so we did not try the restaurant.

We will stay again here next time we change planes in Mexico or when we visit the city.

Room Tip: Our hotel faced the parking lot and it was very quiet. I don't know if the ones facing the stree...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Wilhelm_Man
Ciudad Juarez, Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2013

Went there just to catch a plane back home, the room was nice, comfortable and convenient, clean and efficient, the way it is supposed to be.

Quality-price it is a good value (much better than say Fiesta Inn Aeropuerto, and cheaper), the staff was competent and courteous, not much more to add, but I will say that if I plan on taking a plane early again from Mexico City, this place would be my choice.

The only bad part is that we couldn't find a restaurant nearby, but we walked a few streets away and found a decent neighborhood eatery, and a mini store to buy milk.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Pelu_juarez
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2013 via mobile

Arrived late into Mexico City and was flying out the next day. Free pick up and drop off was great and easy to follow directions provided. Rooms have recently been renovated and done very well. Very comfortable and would stay there again if needed.

Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Sarah L
Buffalo, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2013

I stayed at Hotel Grand Prix the night before my flight back to the US after a couple of years living in Mexico. With all the last minute things I was taking care of, making hotel reservations was the last thing on my mind. When I realized I still hadn't done this and that I only had a couple of hours left before my bus departed for Mexico City, a friend recommended that I make reservations at Hotel Grand Prix through a certain travel website (I can't remember the name). The rates were inexpensive, it was close to the airport and it was a decent place to stay she said. She had even stayed there herself once.

So, I went online and found even lower rates at booking dot com than the website she had suggested, plus I learned that they had a complimentary airport shuttle which was something I really wanted (early morning taxis to the airport in Mexico City charge twice as much as they normally do). The pictures suggested that it was indeed a nice place to stay at, so I booked it.

My bus arrived at the airport, where I was picked up by the hotel shuttle. The driver was very professional. He asked about our travel plans and informed us of the procedures to arrange the next morning's shuttle back to the airport with front desk (you have to make reservations for the departure you want). The only thing that would have been nicer was if he had helped us with our luggage.

Anyway, check-in was pretty speedy and a bell boy showed us to our room. I was surprised at how nice the room was. It was very big and had lots of places on which to put one's luggage. The beds were big and comfy, there was air conditioning, and the bathroom was new and clean. The restaurant had a couple of good comfort foods, but the prices were higher than I would have liked.

All in all, I slept well and got to the airport on time. I would definitely recommend it to anyone in a similar situation.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ana H
london
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2013

For one night here, it was just ok. The staff were not friendly, and looked bored. For anyone traveling here, you should know as of early April there were some construction taking place next door, and did get noisy during the day. There are also no good places to eat around, so we had to eat at the restaurant, again the staff were not really friendly there. I would not recommend staying here again.

Stayed April 2013, travelled with family