“Home away from home and reasonable for the quality."”

Galeria Plaza Reforma
Ranked #41 of 306 Hotels in Mexico City
Los Angeles, California
“Home away from home and reasonable for the quality."”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2010

This was my second time this year staying at the Galeria Plaza. Both times I stayed 4 days and felt at home each time. I had my own room separate from my companions but we were all situated on the same floor which was thoughtful of the hotel even though we all made reservations separately. You cannot beat the price for the location and accommodations. The decor is sleek and contemporary yet comfortable and warm, almost a tad retro, but in a tasteful way. We have used one driver both times that we liked very much (ask for Oscar!), but I would recommend a private driver to further reaching destinations such as Coyoacan etc. The location is central enough to take public transportation or a very cheap taxi within the city. The hotel also boasts a wave pool alongside it's regular rooftop pool, where chaise lounges and towels are provided. You can also order anything you need via the courtesy phone when they don't have their brunch buffet service available. The workout room is also located on the top floor and and has all the modern equipment you could need. It is an immaculately clean establishment to boot! The staff are more than accommodating and helpful, especially because none of us spoke Spanish. I would stay there again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank SalonKitty

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
New York City, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2010

This hotel looks nice, but has some serious problems. The service was terrible. We found a dead roach chillin' at the main entrance to the buffet restaurant. We had to have our room changed within 5 minutes of settling into the hotel because of the terrible stench of mildew. The girl at the front desk didn't even seem surprised, she just changed the room. The hotel looks nice, but in reality is not very clean and has some serious customer service issues.
P.S. internet costs $20 every 24 hrs.

• Stayed August 2010
2 Thank xferrera
Tel Aviv, Israel
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2010

I have been a guest at this hotel for business meetings, stayed in June 2010 for about 4 days, the Internet is so expensive!! they charge 220 MXP for a day!! , they have their business center which is very expensive.
I recommend that you pick a different hotel.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank Tomeri
chicago
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2010

I found this hotel in Hotels.com and decide to go there because of price. Although is not located in the best part of town the Zona Rosa still a vibran, safe and well located area. I did not what to expect when I arrive to the hotel but I was pleasantly surprise. Rooms ar of great quality, room service first classe and concierge service the best ever found. It is clearly not a high end hotel as Camino Real Might but is half of its price. It made my a my husband have a a great and affordable long weekend in Mexico City

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Sunnyvale,California Usa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2010

I stayed at the Galeria Plaza Mexico City for eight nights and had a wonderful stay. The check-in was super easy and fast. The staff were all very friendly and courteous. My room was on the 5th floor and I could see the Angel Monument from my window. The room was nice and spacious. The bed was a bit firm but that's the way I like it. The bathroom shower had great water pressure and plenty of hot water. The toiletries are a good size, much larger than at other hotels. The hotel is in the Zona Rosa district...so lots of restaurants and shops nearby. Public transportation is closeby...the Metro and buses. I highly recommend this hotel for those who want a comfortable place to stay, closeby to everything and at a good value.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank KimmieRN
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2010

After a long cold & snowy week in North America we were thankful to be in sunny Mexico City and the drive from the airport to the Federal District was a quick one.

Galeria Plaza is in a great spot, a stone's throw from the Angel of Independence which is right on the line for the tourist bus which will take you to the Centro Historico.

The hotel itself is very well kept with an attractice lobby and plenty of staff, nicely appointed rooms that you would expect to pay a little more for. Downstairs lounge/bar is very cool, nice drinks/snacks and a great two piece band was playing whilst we were there, very relaxing.

Only negatives were we had a room near the lifts. I'm a heavy sleeper and a few times the bell of the lift would wake me up, which was a little annoying but tolerable considering the hotel was very well worth the stay. Further to this, no internet cafe or access in the lobby unless you have a laptop/notebook (we didn't). So the WiFi is good, but we had to wait until heading to town to get some emails off.

All in all a great hotel, excellent value and great service as well! Would stay there and Mexico City again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
Mexico City, Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2010

The room on the non-smoking fifth floor was decorated in neutral and dark brown colours, had a king-sized bed, shower over bath, good -sized tv, coffee maker, desk, no view though. Shower was powerful and hot. Very clean and modern, but nothing special if you're used to these types of rooms.

Service was good - they gave us extra coffee when we ran out and there was a turn-down service in the evening. Plus they give you a free cocktail each on arrival! We had extremely strong margaritas and wobbled out the door.

We paid $100 for one night's stay through Expedia. Check-out is 2pm which was handy. I used the treadmill in the gym, which was fine, nothing special, machine wobbled a bit, but it did the job. Gym has tv with two or three English language channels.

What really made it was the roof terrace, which has a small pool with views of the urban sprawl, the mountains, the Angel and has waiter service. Plus, the chilaquiles we had for breakfast. Wow! So tasty I can't stop thinking about them. I really recommend those - get the ones with salchicha (spicey sausage).

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple