“We liked it so much we took 2 tours!!”

Eat Mexico Culinary Tours
Ranked #1 of 33 Food & Drink in Mexico City
More attraction details
Owner description: Eat Mexico offers small, private food tours of Mexico City. Want to taste the best tacos or street food, or explore Mexican markets? We'll show you the way!
Santa Barbara, California
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“We liked it so much we took 2 tours!!”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Unless you know a local there is no better way to sale the food and beverages of Mexico City. My wife and I took two different tours with Eat Mexico - the late night taco and mescal tour and the market tour. Both were really fun, interesting and really tasty. What ever you do, come hungry. If you make the mistake of eTing beforehand you will be stuffed by the end of each tour. We had the same tour guide Anais for both tours and she was great. Anais has a culinary background and is super knowledgable and passionate about food. Her English is all great. The late night taco tour includes a car and driver. The van was large new and clean. And the driver very pleasant. On the late night taco tour there was one other lady from Australia and on the market tour it was just us. The small size of the tour is nice and makes it easy because many of the places don't have much space for more than 4 or 5 people. We loved that we went places and tried food that we would never have tried on our own. We recommend Eat Mexico Tours most highly. You won't be disappointed.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank Mark M

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The tour that doesn't make u feel like a tourist! Brilliant.”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Perfect way to get a taste and casual yet passionate lesson in Mexican food. The evening was spent roaming the streets, stopping at welcoming spots and enjoying great conversation with our guide Anais (whom I wish could hang with me all week). Small groups mean u don't look like a tourist group which I'm totally into!!! Brillant.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank Natalie L
Arlington, Virginia
“A guided dive into the wonderful world of mexican street food”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I have been traveling to Mexico City for a couple of years for work but have always been weary of street food even though passing by all the sights and smells had been difficult. This tour is the ultimate guide for extranjeros to jump head first into the wonder of Mexican street fare. Our guide (Anais) was very knowledgeable, professional and spoke excellent English. She tailored the outing to us and knew exactly where to take us. The trip to a neighborhood tortelleria and the pulqueria were the highlights for me. Every thing we tasted was delicious, crafted from scratch and had a story and history. Our guide even knew the temperaments of the various vendors. This is an excellent tour, and i hope the company expands their portfolio of tours even more. Recommend wearing comfortable shoes and clothing that blends in with the locals (avoid showing too much skin) and as always keep an open mind.

Sydney, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Best way to eat like the locals!”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

My boyfriend and I only had two nights in Mexico City and with Mexican food being one of my favourites a food tour seemed like the way to go. The fact that it was a "late night" tour benefited us greatly as we had the whole day, which was our only full day, to explore the city. I would have to say that this tour was most defiantly the highlight of our time in Mexico City. Not only do you experience amazing local food but the tour guide was one of the nicest and most knowledgeable people we met on our trip. He had amazing knowledge about food, mezcal, and the city in general.

I can not even being to explain how amazing the food was! It is something that needs to be experienced. Although we were brave enough to try street tacos prior to the tour, the guide takes you to places that you could never find on your own. Every place was a local joint filled with locals enjoying their bed time tacos.

It was honestly one of the best nights of our entire 7 week trip and I strongly advise any Mexican food enthusiasts to give it a go.

1 Thank Veronica1991
Los Angeles, California
“Great taco tour!”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I had a great time and learned a lot in this delicious taco tour. Had 8 tacos, including a variety of different kinds, and meanwhile learned a lot about Mexican history as well. I would certainly recommend it, especially if you only have a limited time in Mexico City and want to try a lot of different places all at once.