“Touring the Pyramids with Hector”

Mexico City Elite Tours
Ranked #33 of 129 Tours in Mexico City
Type: City Tours, Tours
Reviewed 24 February 2014

While holidaying in Mexico City, my husband & I met with Hector & his driver for a tour of the Teotihuacan Pyramids & a 17th century convent. Hector shared so much information with us that we came away as experts in the culture & customs of this ancient Mechican society. Hector spoke about art, history, architecture & the infiltration of Catholicism as it was spread throughout Mexico by the Jesuits.
We had a most enjoyablel time with Hector. We would recommend him without hesitation.

hectorgbarraza, Owner at Mexico City Elite Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2014

Karen, thank you so much for your kind review. It was a pleasure to take you both to Teotihuacan and thank you for your fitness tips.
Best regards.

Reviewed 8 February 2014

We had just a few hours to see a little of Mexico City before our flight home. Hector tailored the perfect trip for us quickly and easily and was there to meet us at the airport when we arrived from Chihuahua. He took us to the baggage lockers and then we caught a cab to beautiful Coyoacan (do not miss this whatever else you go to see!). We strolled around and ended at The Blue House, where we also made a brief refreshment stop in the lovely garden.

Then we took a cab to the metro (we would never have attempted this on our own) to get to the Zocalo for a walk around the Cathedral and other key sites. The contrast with the quiet suburb was as great as we had imagined, but Hector steered us through the crowds and we saw a great deal in the time we had. We absolutely echo what Robert R says about Hector's knowledge and careful explanation, and enjoyed the way in which he put everything into context. His background and experience of the world meant that he was able to give an international context to what he told us - he speaks perfect English (learnt originally in Cambridge, where I come from!).

After showing us a great cross-section of the life of this amazing city, Hector found us a cab from a hotel (so fixed price) for our journey back to the airport. A great end to a memorable visit to a great country.

3  Thank martico
hectorgbarraza, Owner at Mexico City Elite Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

"M" Thank you for your very generous review. I had a wonderful time with "A" and you and I am glad you liked Coyoacan and downtown Mexico City. It was great to remember Cambridge old times, I hope we will meet again.
Best regards

Reviewed 26 January 2014

We spent two days with Hector touring Mexico City and the surrounding area. Hector is a knowledgeable guide who shared with us his knowledge of history, art, archaeology, architecture, and so much more. We went with him to Teotihuacan, where we learned so much from him about the site and also had the opportunity to climb the Pyramid of the Sun. Then it was on to the Alcoman Monastery, built in the 16th century. This is not a site visited by a lot of people, but Hector's explanation showed us how it fit into the history of Mexico. Finally that day we went to the Shrine of Our Lady of Guadalupe where Hector explained the history of Juan Diego and Our Lady and her importance to the country. When we returned to Mexico City, Hector gave us suggestions for both lunch and dinner and even walked us to the Holiday Inn to ask the doorman to call a taxi for us when we were ready to return to our own hotel.
His suggestions for meals were top-notch, both dinner and lunch. Our second tour with Hector was to the neighborhoods of Coyoachan/San Angel. Again we learned a great deal about the area. The previous day he suggested that we might enjoy lunch at the San Angel Inn and told us when the tour would end and when would be a good time to make our reservation. He timed the tour perfectly and we finished across the street from the inn.

We truly enjoyed our two days with Hector. It was like visiting a friend who wanted to show us his home town. If we have the opportunity to return to Mexico City, we will definitely contact him and signup for more of his tours. Thank you Hector!

2  Thank JohnandKathyR
hectorgbarraza, Owner at Mexico City Elite Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2014

Thank you very much for your kind review, I am glad "K" and you enjoyed the tours, for me it was a pleasure to show around and I hope to meet you again.
Best Regards.
Hector

Reviewed 15 January 2014

We spent the day touring the Historic District of Mexico City with Hector on January 3rd, 2014. There is no better or more knowledgeable guide to Mexico City. His concern for us was unparalleled. His knowledge of art, architecture, history, and culture was outstanding. He is expert at explaining things in detail - equally in English or Spanish - and kept me, my wife and our 3 teenage daughters interested and engaged. Just a delightful man and an excellent companion. I cannot recommend Hector enough and will contact him whenever we are in Mexico City. A true gentleman!

1  Thank Robert R
hectorgbarraza, Owner at Mexico City Elite Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

Robert, thank you very much for your very kind review. I had a great time with your family and you, please give my regards to "j" and the girls.

Best Regards.
Hector

Reviewed 12 January 2014

We were to be in Mexico City for a day and 2 nights on our return to Canada in mid-August 2013 .
I read the reviews here on Trip Advisor and we decided to set up a tour with Hector of Elite Tours.

I told him that we would be having our half day tour on a Monday , when museums were closed , and that one of us (me) was recovering from chemotherapy and had a bit of walking limitation .

We stayed at the Hampton Inn & Suites, which was excellent and well located. He asked in advance about what particular interests we might have .

Hector was totally unfazed , arrived promptly , and our walking tour was lovely . At the end I told him it felt the way a visit does when you go to visit friends somewhere in a foreign country.

When we visit Mexico City again this winter we will definitely book another guided tour with him . His knowledge of the city , it's history and it's architecture is encyclopedic .

If you are one of those who perhaps might hesitate over the cost , think about what you have spent to go there , and about all the time and effort you will waste without the kind of guidance he provides .

Do not waste your money on some sort of disinterested group tour where they hustle you into lousy stores to get you to buy crap . There is a reason why they cost less !

If you are visiting Mexico City and want to see things well , book your tour with Hector Barraza .

Doug & Nick from Toronto

hectorgbarraza, Owner at Mexico City Elite Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2014

Thank you very much for your kind review, I truly hope to see you and Nick in Mexico Citty before you go to the beach.
Best Regards