“Hector is a fantastic guide”

Mexico City Elite Tours
Ranked #34 of 129 Tours in Mexico City
Type: City Tours, Tours
Reviewed 20 April 2014

My husband and I recently used Hector's services for a day trip to Teotihuacan, about a week ago. We only had one full day in Mexico City, and decided that we wanted to see Teotihuacan. I got in touch with Hector a couple months before our trip - he was responsive and very easy to make plans with. He picked us up at our hotel (Hampton Inn) around 8 a.m. the day of our tour, and the whole day was smooth, easy, and all around very enjoyable. Hector's knowledge of the area greatly enhanced our trip to Teotihuacan. Beyond providing loads of information, he is also easy to be around - he is extremely accommodating and pleasant to talk with. He also took us to the Diego Rivera museum, once we were back in Mexico City, and provided us with a very interesting and in-depth overview of the mural that we wouldn't have received otherwise. Throughout the entire day, he was patient (answered our many questions clearly and thoroughly), kind, and informative. I'm so glad we decided to spend our one full day with Hector. I highly recommend his tours.

5  Thank newtiger09
hectorgbarraza, Owner at Mexico City Elite Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

"L" Thank you for your kind review, I am glad you enjoyed the tour and I think it was a good idea to end with the Alameda mural by Diego, it helped to round the tour after the murals of Teotihuacan and Acolman. My very best to you and your husband.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

We used Hector's services to go to Teotihuacan and to Centro Historico. Thanks to him we gained a lot more knowledge of the local culture and saw many things and building interiors that we never would have walked into by ourselves. Hector is a great guide, as other reviewers have observed.
In addition, he is an extremely intelligent and tactful person to be with, informative and ready to answer questions but not at all overbearing.

2  Thank bklyntraveler609
hectorgbarraza, Owner at Mexico City Elite Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

"E" thank you very much for your review, I had a great time with you, your husband "E" (I hope at least the initial is right, after failing so often to pronounce his name properly) and the kids.
Best regards.
Hectoe

Reviewed 7 April 2014

Sometimes flying on points presents the most inconvenient flight connections, on this occasion flying from Vancouver to Quito required a Friday night in LA, an early flight to Mexico City followed by a twelve hour layover before a midnight flight on to Quito. Not looking forward to killing time at the airport or venturing into the city on our own my daughter searched online for a tour and found Hector. What luck.

Meeting us just after noon Hector and his driver guided us first through Teotihuacan and then back into the city for a pleasant bite to eat overlooking the Zocalo and then a early evening stroll along Madero to the opera house, stopping to look inside the inner courtyards of some of the old homes of the cities past elite.

Hector's historical knowledge is staggering and his conversational style is very comfortable and easy going.

Had we known our departure was to be delayed another 2 hours we would have happily taken advantage of the additional time in the City.

Next time we come to Mexico City we will definitely arrange another tour or two.

Hector, gracias.

1  Thank J Graham C
hectorgbarraza, Owner at Mexico City Elite Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

JC thank you very much for your review. I had a great time with you both and I truly enjoyed your company. i hope you had a great holiday and I hope to see you back very soon.

Best regards.

Reviewed 3 April 2014

From the beginning Hector was very professional and always responsive to all my questions through e-mail. He is even willing to customize tours to your liking, which is exactly what we did. We took two tours with him on consecutive days. The first tour we took was to Coyocan and to learn more about Frida Kahlo. On the way there, Hector showed us how for just a few pesos we could take local buses that could then take us to the nearest Metro station. We used this valuable information on days when we travelled alone and saved so much time instead of taking taxis. From the beginning of the tour Hector showed his expertise. He is so descriptive and detailed when talking about the many facets of Mexican culture. He reminds me of that College Professor that always left an impression and went beyond teaching. Any question we had, Hector was able to reply with clarity and detail that left us amazed! Our second tour was of the Centro Historico and we were able to customize it in advance to what our main interests were. On both tours we learned more than had we just walked around with a map. For a city with a rich history like Mexico City, a visitor needs a guide like Hector who can give you a great introduction. We were so fortunate to have met Hector. It was a pleasure seeing Mexico City with him. I plan on returning with my father and will have Hector guide him around. Thanks again Hector!!

1  Thank cbreeze2011
hectorgbarraza, Owner at Mexico City Elite Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

"Y" thank you so much, for me it was a pleasure to show you around and "S" and you are a delightful couple, I learn a lot about Ethiopia and found very interesting your point of view about Mexico in general. I hope to see you again, very soon.

Reviewed 29 March 2014

Hector is amazing. We spend two days with him and saw Mexico City as we never could have! I want to go back and take other tours from him. If you want to know more about our time google "undaunted travelers" and check our our blog.

Till next time Hector!

1  Thank Matthew M
hectorgbarraza, Owner at Mexico City Elite Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

Matt, thank you so much for your very kind review. I read your New Orleans diary on your blog, it is great, if you do something similar about Mexico City let me know and please give my regards to your wife.
Yours faithfully.