“An excellent guide!”

13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“An excellent guide!”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

My husband and I spent two days with Hector during our visit to Mexico City in April and we were so pleased that we chose him to be our guide. He is very professional, knowledgeable and punctual!

Both days we spent with him we learned so much about the history, art, architecture and culture of Mexico City. He was quick to answer our questions, to slow down when I wanted to take a picture and also to adjust our tour in order to accommodate the rest of our day.

We took his advice on a restaurant after the tour and it was delightful as well.

Hector is a true gentleman, an exceptional guide and a man we would be proud to call our friend.
If you are looking to explore Mexico City and need a guide then Hector is the best!

We highly recommend him! By the way we loved Mexico City and wish we had more time to spend there.

Visited April 2014
5 Thank darmstro56
hectorgbarraza, Owner at Mexico City Elite Tours, responded to this review, 15 June 2014
"D" thank you very much for your review, I enjoyed both tours, specially Coyoacan/San Angel, I hope you both are well.

San Francisco, California
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Hector is a fantastic guide”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

My husband and I recently used Hector's services for a day trip to Teotihuacan, about a week ago. We only had one full day in Mexico City, and decided that we wanted to see Teotihuacan. I got in touch with Hector a couple months before our trip - he was responsive and very easy to make plans with. He picked us up at our hotel (Hampton Inn) around 8 a.m. the day of our tour, and the whole day was smooth, easy, and all around very enjoyable. Hector's knowledge of the area greatly enhanced our trip to Teotihuacan. Beyond providing loads of information, he is also easy to be around - he is extremely accommodating and pleasant to talk with. He also took us to the Diego Rivera museum, once we were back in Mexico City, and provided us with a very interesting and in-depth overview of the mural that we wouldn't have received otherwise. Throughout the entire day, he was patient (answered our many questions clearly and thoroughly), kind, and informative. I'm so glad we decided to spend our one full day with Hector. I highly recommend his tours.

Visited April 2014
5 Thank newtiger09
hectorgbarraza, Owner at Mexico City Elite Tours, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
"L" Thank you for your kind review, I am glad you enjoyed the tour and I think it was a good idea to end with the Alameda mural by Diego, it helped to round the tour after the murals of Teotihuacan and Acolman. My very best to you and your husband.
Brooklyn, New York
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Excellent”
Reviewed 18 April 2014

We used Hector's services to go to Teotihuacan and to Centro Historico. Thanks to him we gained a lot more knowledge of the local culture and saw many things and building interiors that we never would have walked into by ourselves. Hector is a great guide, as other reviewers have observed.
In addition, he is an extremely intelligent and tactful person to be with, informative and ready to answer questions but not at all overbearing.

Visited March 2014
2 Thank bklyntraveler609
hectorgbarraza, Owner at Mexico City Elite Tours, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
"E" thank you very much for your review, I had a great time with you, your husband "E" (I hope at least the initial is right, after failing so often to pronounce his name properly) and the kids.
Hectoe
Vancouver, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“A great Mexico City layover tour”
Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

Sometimes flying on points presents the most inconvenient flight connections, on this occasion flying from Vancouver to Quito required a Friday night in LA, an early flight to Mexico City followed by a twelve hour layover before a midnight flight on to Quito. Not looking forward to killing time at the airport or venturing into the city on our own my daughter searched online for a tour and found Hector. What luck.

Meeting us just after noon Hector and his driver guided us first through Teotihuacan and then back into the city for a pleasant bite to eat overlooking the Zocalo and then a early evening stroll along Madero to the opera house, stopping to look inside the inner courtyards of some of the old homes of the cities past elite.

Hector's historical knowledge is staggering and his conversational style is very comfortable and easy going.

Had we known our departure was to be delayed another 2 hours we would have happily taken advantage of the additional time in the City.

Next time we come to Mexico City we will definitely arrange another tour or two.

Hector, gracias.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank J Graham C
hectorgbarraza, Owner at Mexico City Elite Tours, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
JC thank you very much for your review. I had a great time with you both and I truly enjoyed your company. i hope you had a great holiday and I hope to see you back very soon.

San Francisco, California
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“GREAT INTRODUCTION TO MEXICO CITY!!!!”
Reviewed 3 April 2014

From the beginning Hector was very professional and always responsive to all my questions through e-mail. He is even willing to customize tours to your liking, which is exactly what we did. We took two tours with him on consecutive days. The first tour we took was to Coyocan and to learn more about Frida Kahlo. On the way there, Hector showed us how for just a few pesos we could take local buses that could then take us to the nearest Metro station. We used this valuable information on days when we travelled alone and saved so much time instead of taking taxis. From the beginning of the tour Hector showed his expertise. He is so descriptive and detailed when talking about the many facets of Mexican culture. He reminds me of that College Professor that always left an impression and went beyond teaching. Any question we had, Hector was able to reply with clarity and detail that left us amazed! Our second tour was of the Centro Historico and we were able to customize it in advance to what our main interests were. On both tours we learned more than had we just walked around with a map. For a city with a rich history like Mexico City, a visitor needs a guide like Hector who can give you a great introduction. We were so fortunate to have met Hector. It was a pleasure seeing Mexico City with him. I plan on returning with my father and will have Hector guide him around. Thanks again Hector!!

Visited February 2014
1 Thank cbreeze2011
hectorgbarraza, Owner at Mexico City Elite Tours, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
"Y" thank you so much, for me it was a pleasure to show you around and "S" and you are a delightful couple, I learn a lot about Ethiopia and found very interesting your point of view about Mexico in general. I hope to see you again, very soon.