“Wonderful!”

Ranked #128 of 305 Hotels in Mexico City
Gloucester, United Kingdom
“Wonderful!”
Reviewed 8 February 2012

Lovely hotel, not your average Holiday Inn. Fantastic large rooms, nice amenities and staff that couldn't be more helpful and friendly. Breakfast nice and in a palatial room! Location is excellent with lots of dining and shopping options nearby. Taxi's are the best option for getting around as they are so cheap. Metro stop is only 5mins walk away, however it was quite uncomfortable to use, even out of rush hour as when I tried it mid-afternoon I had to wait a couple of trains before I could even get on, and then it was a mad-crush.

Room Tip: If a priority club member, they will try and give you a room upgrade if one is available.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Mark R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
La Mirada, California
Reviewed 14 October 2011

I was a bit worried about staying at this hotel as I had read the reviews about the noise. We had room 208 and it was not noisy at all. The desk and bell staff was excellent. The room was large and comfortable with two queen beds, 2 desks, and a sofa. The restaurant was good with very helpful and friendly staff. I would rate the breakfast buffet much better then the lunch buffet. Note that the entrance to the hotel has a very steep staircase and I did not see en elevator, so call ahead. We requested and received an excellent driver/guide (Jose) at a reasonable rate.

Room Tip: I would select the courtyard room#208
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank LovesToTravel2_11
Goteed1
Reviewed 7 September 2011

I stayed here for 5 nights and it took a day or two for me to appreciate the place. Even though I travel quite a bit, I was a little overwhelmed by my first visit here. Check in was quick and easy. Staff was professional if not overly friendly. (This seems true of all Holiday Inns everywhere I go, usually professional but never really friendly) They knew enough English to communicate with me, but as I discovered everywhere else I went in Mexico City, English is not really spoken that much here).

I had a King Master Suite which was huge and really comfortable. I especially loved the big new walk in shower. Although there were two sofas in the living area that really need to be put out to pasture, everything else was in good condition. They still have the old tube TVs though

(Room Tip) I did notice that if I was in the living area close to the front door of my room, all the hallway noise was magnified because of the tile floors in the hall, luckily my bedroom was set back, so I never heard anything while sleeping, so think about upgrading to a suite.

Maid service was excellent and always respected my do not disturb sign. (I'm a late sleeper!)

I had breakfast in the hotel every morning, I have to say for hotel food, it was excellent and actually cheap for a hotel. I think they have room service because I saw trays in the hallway, but for some reason they ripped the menu pages out of my room guide.

The location which at first put me off, turned out to be very good. It's on the edge of the Zona Rosa. About a 10 minute walk from the all restaurants, bars and clubs in a quiet little neighborhood. There is a music school across the street (my room was facing it) and I woke up to some nice live music every morning. Small shops and a 7-11 very close by. Public transportation, the metrobus and the metro are easy to walk to from here. But if you like to walk and don't mind a good healthy hike, I discovered that you can walk to the Zocalo, Chatapultec Park, La Condensa and many other sites from here. This really was a nice suprise as I like to walk and discover cities this way.

I did try to use the"Fitness Center" one night, but really, this was kind of a joke. 3 pieces of equipment with no water and no bathroom is not a fitness center. Also, the remote controls for the TV and the AC were missing. You really need to be determined to work out to use this place. But if you go outside of the fitmess center they do have a really nice rooftop balcony next to it.

At check out I asked for a taxi to the airport and they had a guy in an old van waiting for me. Luckily, by this time I trusted the hotel staff enough, so I went right in. Only 200 pesos, and the driver was very nice (Dressed in a suit). Although the van was a little bit scary. The hotel should probably re-think this option.

After spending a whole day exploring the cacophony of Mexico City, I came to really appreciate being able to return to the quiet and comfortable hotel

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 10 March 2011

My husband and I visit Mexico City almost twice a year and this was the first time we'd stayed at this Holiday Inn. It was very clean and modern, although it was very noisy the first night. I'm not sure if it was the sounds of traffic or other guests. Overall, the service was great however next time we plan on staying at a traditional mexican hotel.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank solanofelicia
Portland, OR
Reviewed 6 February 2011

The location in the middle of the Zona Rosa is excellent. The rooms are large and comfortable. The orientaton around a central courtyard results in reasonably quiet rooms in the middle of a bustling city. The front desk staff was helpful but had limited English skills to assist first time visitors to Mexico City who have limited capability in Spanish. There is a convenient restaurant in the hotel and many more good choices in the immediate area. Access to cabs is good and we were able to arrange a day trip to Teotihuacan with no difficulty.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
Dallas
Reviewed 11 November 2010

The hotel is in the middle of the Zona Rosa. The area is very secure with numerous bars and restaurants. It is an easy walk to Reforma. There are countless 7-11s if you need anything and several Starbucks. The staff are very helpful and friendly. I inadvertantly left my safe open one day and upon return found everything still sitting in there down to the last penny! I can't recommend this hotel highly enough!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank Charles W
Washington DC
Reviewed 20 September 2010

Stay in room 602. It is very big and quiet with a great terrace. We had great service from the bellboy. Check-in was a bit slow, probably because of the bicentennial. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends