> All staff we met were very helpful, in particular a tall guy working during the day. I can't comment on their English as I spoke in Spanish to them. However they didn't seem very fluent in English. Many examples of how great the staff was are 1) we called the day before check in to request a room without carpet and we were accomodated 2) there was a little incident in a room we were given for the first night and the day after we were offered a bottle of wine 3) we had to change room and the staff moved our luggage during the day as we were away 4) staff called safe taxis within minutes.
> location is great for activities in mexico df. Now knowing better mexico I would stay in that area or in Polanco should I return. Don't go too far from the big park.
> I must admit that the 2 rooms we've had were better than the average 3 stars hotel and looked like the picture we had seen online. Rooms were big and well equipped.
> business center and gym were in good condition and working well
> have in mind that anywhere else in North America you would pay about 3 times more to have the same type of room/hotel. So value for the price is the big thing here.
> kitchen had microwave, toaster, oven top, fridge and sink. There was nothing we could use to cook however. I should have read the previous comment to ask the staff as they can provide. Very useful if you get tired of Mexican food and/or get food sick.
> the safe we had in the room was a modern safe with a PIN, not an old key that you have to carry around
> I watched TV at night and reception was good and nice flat screen rotating on the furniture
> elevator is very slow and it bounces!, I am pretty convinced this is the worst elevator I have and will ever use
> beds are hard. however this was also the case of a 3-star hotel in the cancun area. I have the feeling it's like this in Mexico but be aware of it. We are used to a soft bed and in Mexico we woke up in the morning with body pain. Maybe 5 star hotel don't but 3 stars definitively do!
> I had issues with the varying temperature in the room at night. For the week I was there I couldn't really find the way to have a good stable temperature, most of the time it was too hot in the middle of the night. I tried different variations of the central air conditioning (btw it stops between about 11pm and 8am, this varies every day due to system maintenace they said), window air conditioning (which was not working at all the first night, then got fixed but only the fan worked) and of the window itself but I wasn't able to find the right situation. I am generally able to find a solution after 2 days but not there. For your information my wife had no issue.
> I've read many comments about the noise from the street. I live in a city and it wasn't so different except for all he cars honking during week days. But overall it didn't bother us.
> except for the elevator and window mounted air conditioning, we didn't really feel the hotel was extremly old.
> you are not paying for a 5 stars hotel, so don't expect 5 stars
> I would recommend this hotel to a friend or return myself
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Right in the heart of Mexico City, near Paseo de la Reforma, right next to the emblematic Angel of Independence, the 12-storey silhouette of the Suites San Marino rises up, an all-suites hotel Mexico that welcomes you with open arms so that all your needs are covered ...and your whims, too... during your stay in the Aztec capital. The Exe San Marino is an accommodation designed for people who refuse to settle for the first thing they see. The Exe San Marino (luxury hotel Mexico) offers an outstanding location and service brimming with luxuries: spacious suites, meeting rooms, restaurant, a gym and decor featuring soft, pleasant tones throughout the entire hotel Mexico. Our height offers the natural light that you like so much in both the suites and the communal areas. The hotel in Mexico also regales you with little details like its gym and sauna, which will make your stay in Mexico City more pleasant. The luxury hotel in Mexico offer a taxi service to the airport and anywhere else in the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Eurostars, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Exe Suites San Marino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- San Marino Hotel Mexico City
- San Marino Mexico City
- Exe Suites San Marino Mexico City