This was a hotel we stayed at on four different occasions over a one month period, our first stay did not start too well - insted of twin beds we were given a room with a queen bed (4 ft 6ins in width) and the following morning when we arrived at breakfast early only to find all the tables were taken by European tour groups - it had rained & the terrace was closed.
Having spoken to the efficient reception staff before departure, on our next & subsequent visits we had a twin room (OK it was small, but it was perfectly formed & quiet). Breakfasts also improved, the terrace was open plus an overflow area immediately before the main dinning room. Bathroom was fine - good shower head - but no sink plug!
I do not understand why Holiday Inns recognise that they have French, German, Spanish & Italian guests and as such provide a TV station for them. For English speakers, other than Americans, there is no world news programme: CNN is by the USA for the USA. At least at this Holiday Inn there was free use of the internet in the lobby.
The staff are very friendly & helpful & I would recommend this hotel to you
Finally for a special meal, try the Casa de las Sirenas, which is behind the Cathedral at 12 Republica de Guatemala.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover a peaceful oasis in the heart of Mexico City's celebrated Plaza de la Constitucion (or the Zocalo, as it's often called).Zocalo Central Hotel expertly blends traditional splendor with modern comfort and unforgettable city vistas, creating a hotel experience that will delight and inspire both business and leisure travelers. Housed within a charming1890's-era building, our hotel offers 105 lovingly refurbished rooms and suites, some of which provide wonderful views of the plaza. Allow our caring hotel staff to pamper you with a range of fabulous services, and take advantage of excellent amenities. Of course, no visit to our hotel is complete without a trip to ourroof top restaurant, Restaurante Balcon del Zocalo. Our elegant restaurant terrace overlooks the world-famous Zocalo; it's a popular spot for both hotel visitors and city residents. Last but not least, our central location in the heart of MexicoCity's most important square makes it easy for you to discover all of the wonderful attractions that the city has to offer. Our hotel is eight miles to the Mexico City International Airport, and we're within walking distance of many shops and restaurants such as The "Casa Churra". Our hotel Concierge is available any time, day or night, to answer your questions or to provide suggestions for things to do and see. Treat yourself to a hotel stay that you won't soon forget, in a city that will capture your imagination. We look forward to welcoming you to Zocalo Central Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Splitty, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Zocalo Central reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Mexico City Zocalo Hotel Mexico City
- Mexico City Holiday Inn
- Zocalo Central Mexico City