Stayed here for a week during 28Aor08 to 3May08.
Overall this hotel is very good value. The location is unbeatable as you can walk to everywhere within 10 mins.
During my stay the lobby bar was being renovated and the restaurant bar had no atmosphere. The food is okay, not excellent but just average. Service is below average. That said, there's no need to stay in the hotel for meals as there are some excellent restaurants in the vicinity. I highly recommend the famous Cafe Tacuba as well as the excellent El Vegetariano on Filomeno Mata (about 5 mins walk).
Within a short walk are the old temples (Templo Mayor) as well as several old cathedrals. The old city has wonderful architecture and great boutique restaurants.
If you crave the nightlife, Polanco has a lot to offer and is only 12-15 mins by taxi.
I did not feel any concerns walking around by myself at night (sometimes as late as 1 am!). There are people around at all hours and also there are lots of police everywhere.
Tip: If you don't like the noise then ask for an inside room.
I would definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover a peaceful oasis in the heart of Mexico City's celebrated Plaza de la Constitucion (or the Zocalo, as it's often called).Zocalo Central Hotel expertly blends traditional splendor with modern comfort and unforgettable city vistas, creating a hotel experience that will delight and inspire both business and leisure travelers. Housed within a charming1890's-era building, our hotel offers 105 lovingly refurbished rooms and suites, some of which provide wonderful views of the plaza. Allow our caring hotel staff to pamper you with a range of fabulous services, and take advantage of excellent amenities. Of course, no visit to our hotel is complete without a trip to ourroof top restaurant, Restaurante Balcon del Zocalo. Our elegant restaurant terrace overlooks the world-famous Zocalo; it's a popular spot for both hotel visitors and city residents. Last but not least, our central location in the heart of MexicoCity's most important square makes it easy for you to discover all of the wonderful attractions that the city has to offer. Our hotel is eight miles to the Mexico City International Airport, and we're within walking distance of many shops and restaurants such as The "Casa Churra". Our hotel Concierge is available any time, day or night, to answer your questions or to provide suggestions for things to do and see. Treat yourself to a hotel stay that you won't soon forget, in a city that will capture your imagination. We look forward to welcoming you to Zocalo Central Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, LoveHolidays, HotelQuickly, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Zocalo Central reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Mexico City Zocalo Hotel Mexico City
- Mexico City Holiday Inn
- Zocalo Central Mexico City