Zocalo Central
Hotel Canada(Mexico City)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Rioja(Mexico City)
  • Free Internet
Gran Hotel Ciudad de Mexico(Mexico City)
  • Pool
Hotel Catedral(Mexico City)
Hotel Azores(Mexico City)
Hotel Lafayette(Mexico City)
1,608 results
All reviewsrooftop restaurantgreat locationel balconthe main squarefree applescinco de mayofree water bottlesholiday innnational palacetemplo mayorwelcome drinktop floorhistoric centerguacamolerooms are smallconcierge deskspecial thanks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 March 2014

We stayed 2 nights in this hotel on our 2 weeks tour in Mexico with a bigger croup. The location is best possible in the city. Everything worth seeing is near. The hotel itself is worn out and needs some fixing. Our double room consisted only one narrow bed for two and the sleeping quality was poor. The buffet breakfast was ok but some popular foods were quickly ending.
However due to great location of the hotel we can recommend it !

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing to the Zocalo
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank PerttiHar
hizocalomex, Guest Relations Manager at Zocalo Central, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Dear Guest:
Thank so much to take your time to write a comment about your stay with us. Is very important to us to know of our guest opinion, to improve our service. We hope to see you again.

Social Media Manager

Reviewed 28 February 2014

Great location and staff were generally very nice and accommodating.
Of the 5 nights at the hotel, 3 nights we had no air conditioning and 2 afternoons were also without. The temperature inside the room was extremely hot and made for very poor sleep. (The room temperature liquified my coconut oil which speaks to it being at least 80 degrees).
When we asked at the desk about the air not working, they said they were aware and were working in the problem. When checking out I again said the temperature in the room was unacceptable and the agent simply said he would submit a report.

I could understand a problem for one night or an afternoon but not to the extent it continued to happen. We were very disappointed and extremely uncomfortable and would therefore not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank CM G
hizocalomex, General Manager at Zocalo Central, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Dear Guest:
Thank so much to take your time to write a comment about your stay with us. Is very important to us to know of our guest opinion, to improve our service. We really sorry about the issues you had on your stay, our Guest Servicie departament will contact you by email. We hope you can give us a second chance to show you our quality service.

Julian Cotera
Generall Manager
Holiday inn Zocalo

Reviewed 14 February 2014

The hotel was neat, the room was neat, [in both senses, we had to take turns in walking past the bed] the 'bathroom' was neat, although the folding plastic door was confusing if you had to get up in the night, but on the plus side the staff were charming and helpful, the situation was convenient being right on the Zocalo so right beside the palace and the cathedral and the 'centre' of everything if you happen to be there on a Sunday or other festival or national holiday, and the roof restaurant is delightful and makes up for all its other failings. The food was excellent, the best breakfast we had out of three hotels in Mexico city, and it was lovely to sit outside above the hurly burly of the city and relax and watch the humming birds at the feeders hung over the parapet.

Room Tip: I understand some rooms don't have a proper window; I believe they have a window on to the inner courtyard but make sure you ask for a room with a window if you prefer to have one.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ginger086
hizocalomex, Guest Relations Manager at Zocalo Central, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2014

Dear Guest:
Thank so much to take your time to write a comment about your stay with us. Is very important to us to know of our guest opinion, to improve our servicie. We would like to see you soon.

Social Media Manager

Reviewed 14 January 2014

A little hard to find by cab, on a one way street off the zocalo. You can take the Metro, but be warned that you'll be man handling your luggage up stairs if you do. The location is terrific, right next to the cathedral, the hotel has a wonderful roof top restaurant that over looks the zocalo, the food is great, the service is wonderful, full bar, live music on the weekends, right in the heart of downtown central, a short walk to wonderful pedestrian streets and museums. Lots of great nearby shopping and dining. The metro is directly across the street, so you have cheap easy access to anywhere in the city, also taxi service is readily available to where ever you want to go and the staff is friendly and glad to direct you and help with anything you need.

Room Tip: rooms on cinco de mayo side are a little noisy, it's a busy street and they honk and have police there regularly
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kate T
hizocalomex, Public Relations Manager at Zocalo Central, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

Dear Kate:

We would like to see you soon.

Reviewed 25 December 2013

After a 30 hour flight from Australia I was exhausted to the bone, starving and in need of a bit shower and bed. To find that the hotel was right next to the main cathedral, palace and other impressive buildings was a super bonus. I arrived on the 23rd December so all the Christmas lights were amazing to see right across from the Hotel. Staff checked me in quickly and easily.
I had room 303 which was just enough for one person. It faces the Main Street but I did not find the noise too bad at all.

Breakfast was a bit hit and miss. If you got there too early, there were lots of breakfast items not available till a little later and by that time I was already so full to try. Would have loved more fruit but pineapples came out late and hot cakes and French toast were later too. They ran out of bread quickly, but replaced.
Most of the items were the same the two days I have been here and standards of food was fine. I have to check out early at 730am tomorrow morning so hoping to get some breakfast before I leave for my tour. I do hope they have most of the food prepared and ready for 7am open. A big bonus was sitting on the balcony overlooking the square but I was disappointed they did not open this area till 9am today which meant I had to sit inside. Not a major issue.

My bed and pillows were super comfy and there are options for soft or hard pillows!

Staff were friendly when I approached them in my broken Spanish and I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone wanting some place close to the historic centre.

Thank you and hope to see you again one day,

JOANNA

Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank groovychickMelbourne
hizocalomex, Public Relations Manager at Zocalo Central, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2013

Dear Joanna.
Thank so much to take your time to write a comment about your stay with us. Is very important to us to know of our guest opinion, to improve our servicie. We really sorry about the issues with breakfast , we hope you can give us a second change.

We would like to see you soon.