“Unexpected positive experience”

Ranked #98 of 310 Hotels in Mexico City
Tri-Cities, WA
“Unexpected positive experience”
Reviewed 23 September 2011

I mainly travel in the USA, but have made several trips to Mexico in the last 2 years. I have stayed at several hotels in Mexico. They have always been clean (I rely heavily on Tripadvisor ratings to ensure I am staying at a decent place)...but they are not typically anything to write home about.

My flight into MEX was delayed, and thus I missed my connecting flight to Veracruz. It was late, I didn't have an internet connection, and I was at the mercy of the hotels that have small storefronts in Terminal 2 of the airport. It was so late that only two hotel desks were open. I picked the Holiday Inn and I ended up being very happy with the entire experience.

Upon agreeing that I'd stay with them, a gentleman carried my bags out to the hotel shuttle. I was whisked to the hotel location, checked in quickly (friendly English speaking staff), and taken to my room. The hotel was beautiful (built on an Embassy Suite concept of an open atrium area that all rooms open to). My room was very modern, fresh smelling, and clean. The bed was comfortable, bottled water was supplied (at no additional cost, unlike USA hotels), the shower was powerful and hot, and the air conditioner kept the room very comfortable.

Because I was simply grabbing a place to stay and my next flight was early the next morning, I didn't get to experience any other aspects of the hotel. Based on that, I can highly recommend a quick night's stay.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank finewine57

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Oaxaca, Mexico
Reviewed 15 September 2011

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Dali on our return to México after a trip to the States. Ordinarily, we stay at the Hotel Riazor - close to the airport, free shuttle, great restaurant, great rooms - but I decided to try something different this time.
But what a disappointment! The hotel feels very cold, to begin with. And the rooms are below what we have here in Oaxaca - which is a wonderful Holdiay Inn Express, and highly recommended! But the HI Plaza Dali is a big, cold, not-well-appointed hotel. Definitely three-star. The Camino Real is better, especially for the convenience, and the Riazor is the best deal by far, if you're looking for something close to the airport.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank HerreroViejo
Ensenada, Mexico
Reviewed 19 March 2011

When I left for my days business I returned to find my bed made but no towels replaced. The trash was not removed as well.

The wireless internet had a lot of problems and when it worked it was very slow.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank bajapi
toronto
Reviewed 31 December 2010

Stayed here before an early flight out.
Good shuttle service to and from airport.
Friendly staff and clean rooms.
It is not the newest but it has a nice atrium design and is well kept.
They gave us free drinks because of priority club membership as well as continental breakfast which we missed due to an early flight.
It also had a nice business center and restaurant with nice staff.
Would stay here again due to location and price. (100USD incl. taxes)

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
Hamburg, Germany
Reviewed 27 December 2010

this is really an excellent choice! It s pretty new and everything is in a very good condition. the internet is fast and reliable. very good breakfast, gives you a perfect start into the day. the rooms to the street side are a bit loud, so I changed the room. wasn´t a problem at all. as traffic can be a nightmare its a good choice if you need to go to the airport, as its closeby. I can recommend this hotel! no doubt!

• Stayed November 2010
Ensenada, Mexico
Reviewed 3 December 2010

Enjoyed this Holiday inn a lot. Great restaurant and the food was excellent. Will stay here again!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank bajapi
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 29 November 2010

I spent one night at this hotel because I had to catch a flight early the next morning.
The hotel is very clean and offers free airport shuttle and Internet. It is a little expensive considering it's in Mexico but still affordable. It's VERY near the Dali airport so you'll hear the planes landing and taking off quite a lot.
Overall, I would recommend it to ppl in a similar situation but not for a 1-week honeymoon in Mexico City

• Stayed November 2010