“Wonderful Hotel. Safe, Mexican Charm and American Comfort”

JW Marriott Hotel Mexico City
Ranked #12 of 313 Hotels in Mexico City
Reviewed 27 April 2014

This was my second stay at this hotel. We looked forward to it as I consider it one of the finest hotels I have stayed in anywhere in the world. It did not disappoint on this visit. I have been married to a Mexican for 20 years, and travel Mexico often. We generally prefer to stay away from the US chain hotels, and take in some Mexican flavor. The JW in Mexico has become the exception, and one of our favorite hotels. The service is incredible, always with a smile and prompt, able to work in both Spanish and English.
We used points and had a wonderful room on the 20th floor looking out overlooking Bosque de Chapultepec, Los Pinos (Mexican White House) and the Military Parade Grounds where all foreign heads of state arrive in Mexico.
My Mexican Spouse came down with a severe case of Montezuma's Revenge as we were arriving to the hotel from Cuernavaca. The staff could not have been more helpful and caring to get him all he needed. The Executive lounge is the best I have ever seen. Food all day. Enough for meals, and a nice blend of Mexican and International foods (Tropical fruits, smoked Salmon, Serrano Ham, Empanadas, tamales, eggs, etc.) Wine is also included. The staff was wonderful in keeping me entertained, and getting the foods I needed for my ill spouse.

The location is great with a wonderful neighborhood of cafes and restaurants just a few blocks away. There is a subway station to take you anywhere in the City just across the street. Easy to get cabs or private cars, and a safe area to walk around as well. The rooms are nice, upgraded baths etc. Even free laundry service on the Executive floors.

Again I can not say enough about the staff and how helpful they are. We had many special requests, and all were assisted promptly and with a smile. This is a great safe hotel for a visit to Mexico City with some of the best service you will find at any hotel in the world. We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: High floors have a great view of Mexico City and the mountains. Also up above the street traffic.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
JWMarriottMx, Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Mexico City, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your comment, for the team of JW Marriott Mexico City, it is very important the feedback from our guests and their experience during their stay.
We are more than happy to hear that our service and our staff exceed your expectations. About your wife, we were more than happy to help her feel better, we try to give you the best service we can. Thank you very much for all your comments. I will share them with team.
We are looking forward to have you and your wife as our guests once more.
Best Regards,
Francisco Castrejon
Director of Rooms

Write a ReviewReviews (1,183)

Reviewed 24 April 2014

Stayed here in early February at the back end of a trip to San Miguel de Allende. Beautiful property in the elite neighborhood of DF. Platinum member and used pts for two rooms, at check in they would not give other room platinum amenities - had to argue, and won, with front desk mgr. Concierge lounge was best I've ever been too - free wine and beer with awesome food - basically full meals. And the best was the lounge attendants - very friendly and helpful. Concierge desk was also good - set up private tour of pyramids with private SUV. Great tour guide and we extended to other parts of the city for full day tour. NOTE - I signed final bill with tour guide and at checkout hotel added 15% for their charge which was not disclosed. Front desk attendant didn't understand English, no manager on site as was holiday, and got Concierge desk involved - they rescused and was removed. Again, front desk not helpful or friendly at all. Rooms very nice and upgraded, close to all shopping/restaurants/museums.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank DDATL333
JWMarriottMx, Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Mexico City, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your comment, regarding your stay at the JW Marriott Mexico City. Feedback from our guests and their experience during their stay is very important for us.
We are sorry to hear that the experience with front desk did not meet your expectations, we are taking into account your feedback and we are starting to make adjustments to the processes we follow in front desk to improve our service. We look forward to have you again as our guest and serve you as you deserve.
We appreciate taking the time to comment about our hotel.
Best Regards,
Francisco Castrejon
Dir of Rooms

Reviewed 11 April 2014

I think this is one of the better Marriott hotels I have stayed at. It was a well-maintained property and it looked like the rooms had been recently upgraded; the decor was modern without being too minimalist, and bathrooms were very nice (especially the rain shower). The hotel also takes care of car service arrangements to / from the airport and other locations if you need it, which was a nice touch. I suppose my only two grips about this hotel are the price and the wifi. As a business traveler I really needed the wifi to work, and it seemed to fail me intermittently. It was also a bit of a pricey hotel at about $500/night - although I do generally think you get what you pay for here. All things being equal, I will likely stay here again the next time I am in Mexico City.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

I stayed at this hotel for two days in March. Bar none, it was one of the nicest hotels I have ever stayed at. The location is very safe, and the staff went out of their way to make you feel safe and welcome. The hotel was in a ritzy neighborhood I recall that there was a Bentley dealership directly across the street from the hotel. There was also a Starbucks across the street. The hotel was pricey, but it was worth every penny.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

I stayed here as I was in the city for business. The hotel's service is efficient and friendly. The rooms are a bit on the small side but nicely decorated in rich woods with local art. The hotel's location is in the bustling polanco district so lots of great restaurants and shopping are nearby. If you're in the city for vacation I would recommend the St Regis, but the JW definitely meets business traveler needs with free wifi, efficient room service and proximity to many corporation's offices.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

Excellent location, great staff, nicely decorated and rooms are comfortable and mine had a great view to a huge park and the city. Definitely up to JW standards.

Two minor disappointments: the gym is extremely small and gets very crowded in the mornings, and there is only a very basic TV channels offering: no BBC, Warner, Sony channel etc which are standard in almost every other hotel.

The Executive lounge on the 19th floor is excellent and has great staff who are helpful and make a point of serving you. Had a meal at one of the restaurants--a French bistro--at the hotel and it was good.

1  Thank JoseLuisContreras
Reviewed 2 March 2014

I recently stayed here for work. I was able to check in at 10:00 AM or so, which was very convenient. The staff were very friendly and accommodating, the room nice, and they gym was clean and well equipped. The area was also nice, with some good restaurants very near by. I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business