“Lovely with excellent service!”

JW Marriott Hotel Mexico City
Ranked #7 of 306 Hotels in Mexico City
Washington DC
“Lovely with excellent service!”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Second visit at the hotel and we just visited in May 2014 and the hotel just rolled out a new renovation of its entire lobby and rooms, I loved and welcomed the change, a lot more trendy but yet sophisticated, before the colors were too bright, now they are soft and give a serenity feel. service was excellent, concierge, bell service was right on ready to help get you a car and direct you; excellent trendy location; we hired a driver for the day via the hotel and was all worth it, extremely professional drove us out of town to Guadalupe and the to the center of town, took us around and waited for us while we visited down-town, used the driver for 7 hours and was ideal given that we barely had 2 days and felt secure and safe traveling with ease; I think he was like $30 an hour or so from what I recall. Room at the hotel was excellent, functional, clean, nice toiletries as usual including a bar of soap of descent size, it is those little things that make you happy when you are away from home; walk in shower which was nice; the only disappointing part was being charged for Internet and the service was so so poor; I get it some need to charge, butI recall it was more than what you would pay for it in the US Marriott, it was at least $30/day and again service was very slow; minor pain and I intend to return back to this hotel again for sure!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
JWMarriottMx, Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Mexico City, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your comment, for the team of JW Marriott Mexico City, it is very important the feedback from our guests and their experience during their stay.
We are more than happy to hear that our service and our rooms exceed your expectations. About the internet, we are very sorry for the inconvenience, to make more comfortable the stay of our guest, we just made our internet faster, trust that in your next visit you’ll have a better experience. Thank you very much for all your positive comments.
We are looking forward to have you as our guests once more.
Francisco Castejon
Dir of Rooms

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
  • Hebrew first
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Very good hotel for the business traveller. Well located, near Polanco where all the nice restaurants in Mexico are. The rooms are spacious and clean. Service is excellent. And they have a very nice area around the Pool.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
JWMarriottMx, Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Mexico City, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Dear Mr. Paulo,
We are more than happy to hear that our service and our rooms were up to your expectations. Thank you very much for all your positive comments.
We are looking forward to have you as our guests once more.

Augusta, Georgia
Reviewed 27 April 2014

This was my second stay at this hotel. We looked forward to it as I consider it one of the finest hotels I have stayed in anywhere in the world. It did not disappoint on this visit. I have been married to a Mexican for 20 years, and travel Mexico often. We generally prefer to stay away from the US chain hotels, and take in some Mexican flavor. The JW in Mexico has become the exception, and one of our favorite hotels. The service is incredible, always with a smile and prompt, able to work in both Spanish and English.
We used points and had a wonderful room on the 20th floor looking out overlooking Bosque de Chapultepec, Los Pinos (Mexican White House) and the Military Parade Grounds where all foreign heads of state arrive in Mexico.
My Mexican Spouse came down with a severe case of Montezuma's Revenge as we were arriving to the hotel from Cuernavaca. The staff could not have been more helpful and caring to get him all he needed. The Executive lounge is the best I have ever seen. Food all day. Enough for meals, and a nice blend of Mexican and International foods (Tropical fruits, smoked Salmon, Serrano Ham, Empanadas, tamales, eggs, etc.) Wine is also included. The staff was wonderful in keeping me entertained, and getting the foods I needed for my ill spouse.

The location is great with a wonderful neighborhood of cafes and restaurants just a few blocks away. There is a subway station to take you anywhere in the City just across the street. Easy to get cabs or private cars, and a safe area to walk around as well. The rooms are nice, upgraded baths etc. Even free laundry service on the Executive floors.

Again I can not say enough about the staff and how helpful they are. We had many special requests, and all were assisted promptly and with a smile. This is a great safe hotel for a visit to Mexico City with some of the best service you will find at any hotel in the world. We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: High floors have a great view of Mexico City and the mountains. Also up above the street traffic.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
JWMarriottMx, Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Mexico City, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Dear Guest,
We are more than happy to hear that our service and our staff exceed your expectations. About your wife, we were more than happy to help her feel better, we try to give you the best service we can. Thank you very much for all your comments. I will share them with team.
We are looking forward to have you and your wife as our guests once more.
Director of Rooms
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Stayed here in early February at the back end of a trip to San Miguel de Allende. Beautiful property in the elite neighborhood of DF. Platinum member and used pts for two rooms, at check in they would not give other room platinum amenities - had to argue, and won, with front desk mgr. Concierge lounge was best I've ever been too - free wine and beer with awesome food - basically full meals. And the best was the lounge attendants - very friendly and helpful. Concierge desk was also good - set up private tour of pyramids with private SUV. Great tour guide and we extended to other parts of the city for full day tour. NOTE - I signed final bill with tour guide and at checkout hotel added 15% for their charge which was not disclosed. Front desk attendant didn't understand English, no manager on site as was holiday, and got Concierge desk involved - they rescused and was removed. Again, front desk not helpful or friendly at all. Rooms very nice and upgraded, close to all shopping/restaurants/museums.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank DDATL333
JWMarriottMx, Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Mexico City, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your comment, regarding your stay at the JW Marriott Mexico City. Feedback from our guests and their experience during their stay is very important for us.
We are sorry to hear that the experience with front desk did not meet your expectations, we are taking into account your feedback and we are starting to make adjustments to the processes we follow in front desk to improve our service. We look forward to have you again as our guest and serve you as you deserve.
We appreciate taking the time to comment about our hotel.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 11 April 2014

I think this is one of the better Marriott hotels I have stayed at. It was a well-maintained property and it looked like the rooms had been recently upgraded; the decor was modern without being too minimalist, and bathrooms were very nice (especially the rain shower). The hotel also takes care of car service arrangements to / from the airport and other locations if you need it, which was a nice touch. I suppose my only two grips about this hotel are the price and the wifi. As a business traveler I really needed the wifi to work, and it seemed to fail me intermittently. It was also a bit of a pricey hotel at about $500/night - although I do generally think you get what you pay for here. All things being equal, I will likely stay here again the next time I am in Mexico City.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 6 April 2014

I stayed at this hotel for two days in March. Bar none, it was one of the nicest hotels I have ever stayed at. The location is very safe, and the staff went out of their way to make you feel safe and welcome. The hotel was in a ritzy neighborhood I recall that there was a Bentley dealership directly across the street from the hotel. There was also a Starbucks across the street. The hotel was pricey, but it was worth every penny.

Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 30 March 2014

I stayed here as I was in the city for business. The hotel's service is efficient and friendly. The rooms are a bit on the small side but nicely decorated in rich woods with local art. The hotel's location is in the bustling polanco district so lots of great restaurants and shopping are nearby. If you're in the city for vacation I would recommend the St Regis, but the JW definitely meets business traveler needs with free wifi, efficient room service and proximity to many corporation's offices.