“Amazing hotel”

Ranked #7 of 306 Hotels in Mexico City
Miami, Florida
“Amazing hotel”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I stayed in the hotel for 3 days, i went for work and the staff was amazing. They recomended a lot of places to visit and also nice restaurants. The hotel is really comfortable and has a great location. The only thing I can complain about is the internet connection.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
JWMarriottMx, Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Mexico City, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Dear Mr. Joseph,
Thank you very much for your comment, it is very important for us the feedback from our guests and their experience during their stay.
We are very happy to hear that our staff exceed your expectations and made your stay more comfortable. About the internet, we are very sorry for the inconvenience, we know that guests like you need and expect great internet to work easily, we are working in our internet to make it faster, we trust that in your next visit you’ll have a better experience. Thank you very much for all your comments.
Director of Rooms

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
  • Hebrew first
Pearland, Texas
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I'm writing this from a business traveler and Platinum member. I've never had (in 20 years of travel) a conceirge member email me two weeks out from my stay, making sure all aspects of my visit were taken care of, they nailed it!! The staff was outstanding and brutally honest with questions about safety and my well being. By the second morning, most of the staff new my name and my creature comforts. The staff in the Executive Lounge were a joy and a pleasure.... The concierge and bell staff of Ernesto, Enrique and Gustavo went above and beyond with last minute changes to my schedule and again, made sure I was taken care of.

If you can't tell, i'm thoroughly impressed with this property and I look forward to my return in a few weeks. Thanks guys!!

Room Tip: High Floor is a must and a view overlooking the city and National Auditorium is outstanding!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
JWMarriottMx, Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Mexico City, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Dear Guest,
We appreciate your comments, about your experience during your stay. For us is very important to hear your opinion.
We are happy to hear that we exceed your expectations with the service that the concierge Ernesto and our bell boys gave you. We are going to let them know that they made you very happy during your stay with us, as well as the team of the executive lounge. Again thank you very much for all your positive comments.
Director of Rooms Division
Singapore, Singapore
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,044 helpful votes
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Good location at walking distance to Polanquito, the neighbourhood within Polanco with many restaurants. The property is a bit aged (80's style décor, gym with old equipment), and the in-room internet is paying. Service is friendly and excellent (from all departments, a sign of a strong house tradition: superb concierge team, receptionists, bellmen, etc). Superior value for money. Ideal for people on holiday, less so for business travellers (a bit cramped, internet is not great).

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
JWMarriottMx, Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Mexico City, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Dear Guest,
We appreciate your comments, about your experience during your stay with us, for the JW Marriott team is very important to hear your opinion.
We are more than happy to hear that our service and our staff exceed your expectations. We are sorry to hear that the internet access wasn´t what you expected to be, at the moment we are trying to make it faster, so our guests can have a better experience with us, hopefully in your next stay you won´t have a problem. Thank you very much for all your positive comments.
Galena, Maryland
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Wonderful place with great service. They come to your room several times a day. Several times I came back from a meeting or something, I found my toilette paper folded to a point ... again more than once a day. Rooms were beautiful with great views and very clean.
I left something in my room by accident and am still trying to get it back. It was confirmed that they found it and had me fill out credit card forms and even needed a copy of my drivers license, which I reluctantly provided the day after check out. It's been 10 days now and still no item.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
JWMarriottMx, Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Mexico City, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your comment, for the team of JW Marriott Mexico City, it is very important the feedback from our guests and their experience during their stay.
We are more than happy to hear that our service and our rooms were up to your expectations. About your lost item, please let me help you, let me give you my email
Francisco.castrejon@marriotthotels.com, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Washington DC
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Second visit at the hotel and we just visited in May 2014 and the hotel just rolled out a new renovation of its entire lobby and rooms, I loved and welcomed the change, a lot more trendy but yet sophisticated, before the colors were too bright, now they are soft and give a serenity feel. service was excellent, concierge, bell service was right on ready to help get you a car and direct you; excellent trendy location; we hired a driver for the day via the hotel and was all worth it, extremely professional drove us out of town to Guadalupe and the to the center of town, took us around and waited for us while we visited down-town, used the driver for 7 hours and was ideal given that we barely had 2 days and felt secure and safe traveling with ease; I think he was like $30 an hour or so from what I recall. Room at the hotel was excellent, functional, clean, nice toiletries as usual including a bar of soap of descent size, it is those little things that make you happy when you are away from home; walk in shower which was nice; the only disappointing part was being charged for Internet and the service was so so poor; I get it some need to charge, butI recall it was more than what you would pay for it in the US Marriott, it was at least $30/day and again service was very slow; minor pain and I intend to return back to this hotel again for sure!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,
We are more than happy to hear that our service and our rooms exceed your expectations. About the internet, we are very sorry for the inconvenience, to make more comfortable the stay of our guest, we just made our internet faster, trust that in your next visit you’ll have a better experience. Thank you very much for all your positive comments.
Francisco Castejon
Dir of Rooms
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Very good hotel for the business traveller. Well located, near Polanco where all the nice restaurants in Mexico are. The rooms are spacious and clean. Service is excellent. And they have a very nice area around the Pool.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
JWMarriottMx, Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Mexico City, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Dear Mr. Paulo,
We are more than happy to hear that our service and our rooms were up to your expectations. Thank you very much for all your positive comments.

Dir of Rooms
Augusta, Georgia
Reviewed 27 April 2014

This was my second stay at this hotel. We looked forward to it as I consider it one of the finest hotels I have stayed in anywhere in the world. It did not disappoint on this visit. I have been married to a Mexican for 20 years, and travel Mexico often. We generally prefer to stay away from the US chain hotels, and take in some Mexican flavor. The JW in Mexico has become the exception, and one of our favorite hotels. The service is incredible, always with a smile and prompt, able to work in both Spanish and English.
We used points and had a wonderful room on the 20th floor looking out overlooking Bosque de Chapultepec, Los Pinos (Mexican White House) and the Military Parade Grounds where all foreign heads of state arrive in Mexico.
My Mexican Spouse came down with a severe case of Montezuma's Revenge as we were arriving to the hotel from Cuernavaca. The staff could not have been more helpful and caring to get him all he needed. The Executive lounge is the best I have ever seen. Food all day. Enough for meals, and a nice blend of Mexican and International foods (Tropical fruits, smoked Salmon, Serrano Ham, Empanadas, tamales, eggs, etc.) Wine is also included. The staff was wonderful in keeping me entertained, and getting the foods I needed for my ill spouse.

The location is great with a wonderful neighborhood of cafes and restaurants just a few blocks away. There is a subway station to take you anywhere in the City just across the street. Easy to get cabs or private cars, and a safe area to walk around as well. The rooms are nice, upgraded baths etc. Even free laundry service on the Executive floors.

Again I can not say enough about the staff and how helpful they are. We had many special requests, and all were assisted promptly and with a smile. This is a great safe hotel for a visit to Mexico City with some of the best service you will find at any hotel in the world. We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: High floors have a great view of Mexico City and the mountains. Also up above the street traffic.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
JWMarriottMx, Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Mexico City, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Dear Guest,
We are more than happy to hear that our service and our staff exceed your expectations. About your wife, we were more than happy to help her feel better, we try to give you the best service we can. Thank you very much for all your comments. I will share them with team.
We are looking forward to have you and your wife as our guests once more.
Director of Rooms