“Wonderful experience”

JW Marriott Hotel Mexico City
Ranked #11 of 312 Hotels in Mexico City
Reviewed 21 August 2014

The front desk staff was extremely gracious and patient. Veronica, Alejandra, and Bianca were especially helpful. I would definitely recommend this hotel if you are in Mexico City. The in house restaurant is a little pricey, but it is on par with the local, more upscale eateries. I recommend going to the park across from the front entrance and hitting up the food stands. You will definitely fond that Taco Bell has nothing in common with Mexican food!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
JWMarriottMx, Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Mexico City, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write a review of our Hotel!
I am glad to know that our Front Desk staff was helpful for you.
We appreciate your comments about the restaurant XANAT where the Mexican food has the most important place in our Menu.
We would like to have you back again in the near future.
Rooms Director

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Who doesn't love a JW Marriott. But I've stayed here numerous times and enjoy it all the time. I took some photos of 1816. Its a king room. The bathrooms look like they've been updated.

I feel very safe walking around this neighborhood. There are many restaurants but if you have access to the executive lounge, they feed you well. Hot breakfast, hot nightly event and sandwiches at 2.

Room Tip: Free wifi for elite status
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
JWMarriottMx, Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Mexico City, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying so frequently with us!
We are honored to know that each and every time you come to Mexico City you choose to stay with us. I am glad to know that you feel safe and comfortable during your stay. We are very glad as well to know that you enjoyed our Executive Lounge meals. Did you have the opportunity to eat at our restaurant XANAT? We promote the Mexican vanilla and so we have it in our menu on different dishes. If you have not, make sure you come down and give it a try!
Thank you for sharing your beautiful pictures of our hotel.
Rooms Director

Reviewed 16 August 2014

This is the first time that I stay at this hotel and I was really surprised not only by the facilities and location, but the overall service is fantastic, they really look to please you and make your stay a comfortable one. The location is great at it is a short walk to the subway station, a few blocks from the Chapultepec park, the national museum and the nice shops and restaurants at the Polanco area.
The room was nice, clean and big enough, we had an amazing view to the Chapultepec park, the auditorium and the castle. The room service came to the room during the mornings and afternoons to check that everything was ok for us. They take security as a serious matter as well, you can see it at the lobby and public areas.
Also we had access to the executive lounge and the food and service over there was great, the service and value provided by this hotel is part of our trip outstanding moments.

Room Tip: Request a room with the Chapultepec view, it is awesome.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Alex F
JWMarriottMx, Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Mexico City, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Dear Alex,
Thank you very much for your comment, for the team of JW Marriott Mexico City, it is very important the feedback from our guests and their experience during their stay.
We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our location, our rooms and the view, but more than that we are very happy to know that you received great service form our staff. We want to thank you once more for all your positive comments and your recommendation to other travelers.
We are looking forward to have you as our guests in the near future.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

Excellent service, great food, good location. bell staff was excellent, the restaurant was always ready to please, would recommend this hotel to other travelers, location is very centric. Very secured.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joe A
JWMarriottMx, Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Mexico City, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear Joe,
We are more than happy to hear that you enjoyed our restaurant and our location and that you received great service form our staff. Thank you very much for all your positive comments and your recommendation to other travelers.
We are looking forward to have you as our guests in the near future.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

This is a very nice property, very convenient for Federal District (Distrito Federal) for business, and plenty of restaurants and shopping nearby. The rooms are spacious and modern, and the services (bar, checkin/checkout, concierge for arranging cars) all efficient and pleasant. I would definitely recommend this property for a future visit to this area.

Room Tip: ask for room facing the park for a better view
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank jeffOnTheRoad2010
JWMarriottMx, Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Mexico City, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Dear Jeff,

Thank you very much for your comment, for the team of JW Marriott Mexico City. The feedback you gave us is very important for us we learn from our guests and their experience during their stay.
We are more than happy to hear that you have enjoyed our location and that you liked our renovated hotel and rooms. It’s a pleasure to hear that our service was efficient and up to your expectations. Thank you very much for all your positive comments.

Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at several JW's and I love this one in Polanco. I have been traveling to the DF for work for the last few weeks and we almost always stay here (sometimes we stay at the one in Santa Fe, or the Marriott downtown, depending on where our meetings are). I speak little Spanish but the staff at this JW is great with English, I always feel safe here, and I can get everything done from here including my business needs. The internet is fast and reliable. They even have a set of ports on the desk to plug in your HDMI cables so you can project your screen onto your TV (which I thought was great for watching movies or download shows on the road). The bar is nice, the Lipp restaurant inside is great, everything is good here. The only downside I can think of is that the entire hotel, including the pool deck, is non-smoking, so when I bought cigars at the gift shop I learned I couldn't smoke them anywhere! Otherwise I happily recommend this JW to you if you are a gringo and need a safe place. There are always plenty of Ubers hovering nearby, or you can get a driver via the hotel (and billed to your room), and Polanco has some great restaurants.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank shaferica
JWMarriottMx, Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Mexico City, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Dear Shaferica,

Thank you for staying so frequently with us!

We are honored to know that each and every time you come to Mexico City you choose to stay with Marriott and especially with us. I am glad to know that you feel safe and comfortable during your stay. It is very important for our team to hear about your experience with us.
We have a non-smoking policy that is implemented by the government in all the buildings. Smoking is only permitted in the outside designated areas. We apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

Director of Rooms

Reviewed 20 July 2014

The wonderful staff at JW Marriott Mexico City - i.e. front desk, concierge, exec lounge, housekeeping, gym have a unique native appreciation of my stay. They sincerely express this appreciation in the way they talk to me, respond to my requests, clean my room, the food they serve at the exec lounge, and in the way they make sure that before I go to bed all my needs are taken care of to my satisfaction.

The wonderful staff at JW Marriott Mexico City understands the fact that I have options to stay at the other hotels. They openly show how they value my stay every single day.

JW Marriott Mexico City is my second home-sweet-home away from home.
I am here for the long haul. Having been in Mexico for 2 months, I have stayed at different hotels. And yet, I was not fully satisfied not until I moved in to JW Marriott.

To the wonderful staff of JW Marriott Mexico City – KEEP UP THE OUTSTANDING JOB! Todas las cosas maravillosas que hacer durante mi estancia está muy muy apreciado – MUCHAS GRACIAS!

Mahalo … vfhjr,MSCS,PhD

Room Tip: There is internet connectivity.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
JWMarriottMx, Manager at JW Marriott Hotel Mexico City, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Thank you for staying with us Mr. Vince!
We are honored to know you call the JW Marriott your second home-sweet-home; we are constantly trying to exceed the expectations of our guest and make their stay an unforgettable experience, we are glad to know that we give the extra mile and we made you happy, giving you the service that you deserve.
Our staff at the executive lounge is always trying to give a service a little bit more personalized, glad to know we accomplish your expectations.
Again it is a pleasure to hear that you had a great stay with us.
We are looking forward to have you as our guests once more.
Dir of Rooms