“First Westin Experience - great!”

The Westin Santa Fe Mexico City
Ranked #37 of 309 Hotels in Mexico City
San Pedro Sula, Honduras
“First Westin Experience - great!”
Reviewed 16 April 2012

The hotel was great. The staff helped me arrange to have business cards made and delivered to the conference I was attending.

The restaurant and gym are first rate.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
NYC
Reviewed 3 April 2012

I have never been so well taken care of at any hotel than at the Westin in Santa Fe. Everyone was so attentive to my needs and showed a genuine concern to my problems. I won’t go into the details but if it wasn’t for their help I would have never made my business meetings in the circumstances I found myself in. Starting from the bellhop, to the check-in person, to the concierge desk and finally but definitely not least the hotel chauffeurs who helped me move around Mexico City, everyone was so friendly and courteous that I felt at home.

It’s a very modern new and clean hotel with very spacious rooms. I definitely recommend the hotel and will stay at the same hotel whenever I’m in Santa Fe in Mexico City.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank kisbel23
Jean-Marc J, General Manager at The Westin Santa Fe Mexico City, responded to this review, 11 April 2012
Dear Guest,
It is a great sensation for all of us to receive your review about your recent experience at The Westin Santa Fe - Mexico City. We do appreciate the time you have dedicated to post your positive feedbacks and share with all your comments and we will make sure our staff is aware of your compliments.
Hoping to welcome you soon again, Be well.
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed 15 March 2012

I stayed here on business for 2 nights. Front desk service was helpful in arranging transportation. Check-in took a while. Rooms were spacious and a nice design. Comfortable furnishings. The lighting in the room was a little lacking. WiFi was a bit pricey. The restaurant was very good and it's convenient to other dining options. There are some beautiful plant designs on the outside of the building. I took some pictures and was yelled at by a security guard that photos were not allowed. There weren't any signs and I found it odd.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Jean-Marc J, General Manager at The Westin Santa Fe Mexico City, responded to this review, 23 March 2012
Dear Guest,
We thank you for open and faithful review about your experience with us. We are glad your overall feel and touch sensations were positive and regret that the security guard behavior has somewhat affected your last impression.
Corrective measures have been taken so that personal pictures can be taken freely in the hotel surroundings. We look forward to welcoming you again at The Westin Santa Fe in a near future.
mexico df
Reviewed 12 March 2012

The hotel was extremely modern very nice beautiful Decor very clean quiet and extremely nice hotel it was a beautiful stay

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank fnvv
Jean-Marc J, General Manager at The Westin Santa Fe Mexico City, responded to this review, 17 March 2012
We all thank you for your very nice post. We are delighted to know you enjoyed your stay with us and we certainly look forward to welcoming you again in a near future!
Reviewed 20 February 2012

i thought the hotel desgin and interiors were beautiful, modern chic look to the hotel. I have been to the hotel before becuase it is right next to a new restaurant/bar/shop area which i think is very trendy. The valet and entry area to the hotel has amazing vertical hanging gardens that are spectacular.
this was my first time to sleep at the hotel, the staff was very nice and resourceful, the rooms are trendy but i did find the sheets to be rough like paper, and the room tempreaure had a mind of its own, my inlaws had the same experience i guess we didnt get the heavnly beds.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Pioja79
Jean-Marc J, General Manager at The Westin Santa Fe Mexico City, responded to this review, 21 February 2012
Dear guest,

We thank you for your overall positive comments regarding your recent experience with us.
Your observations regarding the sheets fell & touch are greatly appreciated as they are of critical importance to us. I will share this comment with our laundry staff to correct any possible shortfalls with the washing process. And yes all our beds are Heavenly!
I will also verify with our engineer that the temperature setting is properly working in our rooms. (I invite you to inform me personally at my mail jean-marc.janod@westin.com the room numbers you stayed in. thank you).
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 20 February 2012

So the cons are that there is not much within walking distance. The PROS: the view, the service, the attention to detail in design and the service.
I was upgraded to a suite (907) you have the view of the two volcanoes and its a breath taking view. Well worth me paying for a suite next time!

Room Tip: Must Ask for a suite with a view of the volcanoes!!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Marce1111
We really appreciate your comments regarding your stay at The Westin Santa Fe.

We are delighted to discern that our staff delivered the level of service you were expecting. And as far as the view over the volcanoes, it can also be appreciated at its full from the Terrace of the Hotel, especially in the morning when the sun rises between them!
Gilbert, Arizona
Reviewed 14 February 2012

This is a world-class hotel and as fine a Westin property as I've ever stayed in. The workout facilities, restaurant, rooms, and service are all outstanding. My Spanish language skills are fairly minimal and the staff put me at ease - speaking great English and always stayed on top of my needs. The concierge handle cabs and dinner recommendations for me and made my stay very enjoyable. Excellent property - I'll be staying there again on my next trip to Santa Fe and Mexico City.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Mustard12
Dear Gilbert,
Thank so much for sharing with all the Trip Advisor community your positive comments about The Westin Santa Fe. I am pleased to observe our staff excelled in delivering responsiveness, personalized and intuitive service. I have shared with our concierge staff your appreciation of their attitude and effectiveness.
We look forward to welcoming you again at The Westin Santa Fe.