“Best Hotel I've Ever Stayed At”

The Westin Santa Fe Mexico City
Ranked #38 of 305 Hotels in Mexico City
Wausau, Wisconsin
“Best Hotel I've Ever Stayed At”
Reviewed 7 September 2013

I travel > 150k miles/year, much of it internationally, and I can say without a doubt that this is the best hotel I've ever been to. Brand new Westin. Great service. Great beds. Central Central (in the hotel) is one of the best restaurants I've ever been to. Try the salmon carpaccio - I had it every night for a week it was so good.

My only complaint is that I had a room near the elevator. The soundproofing on the doors wasn't great and the doors slam shut. A little Ambien cures that but it was still a bit annoying.

Room Tip: Don't stay near the elevator!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Jose D, Gerente at The Westin Santa Fe Mexico City, responded to this review, 9 September 2013
Dear Kelly,

Thank you very much for sharing your positive comments regarding your recent experience at The Westin Santa Fe Mexico City.

We have taken notes of your comments and I can tell you that the maintenance department is working to avoid the door noises and the front desk staff has been informed to keep you away the elevators.

We look forward to welcome you again at The Westin Santa Fe shortly.

Best regards.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Panama City, Panama
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Very modern, near to excellent restaurants, internet with good speed, friendly staff. It was an incredible experience for me, it was my second stay at the hotel, and I will certainly repeat if I need to come back to Mexico DF.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Jose D, Gerente at The Westin Santa Fe Mexico City, responded to this review, 2 September 2013
Dear Ivan,

We thank you very much for posting your positive review about The Westin Santa Fe Mexico City.

We are happy to know that we meet our goal again. It is great to know that your experience was extraordinary and that we will have you back at The Westin Santa Fe when you visit Mexico City again.

We are ready to welcome and revitalize you again.

São Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Good hotel, very confortable and well located in the midle of Santa Fe, Mexico DF Is in the midle of Parking Plaza where you have restaurants, Good gymn for exercise , and excelent view from the mountains . Close to IBM, HP, Banamex... al major Corporation in Santa Fe

Room Tip: Get a room above the 5 floor, with the view to the mountains
Dear Alejandro,

We thank you very much for posting your positive review about your experience at The Westin Santa Fe Mexico City.

It is great to know that we meet our goal again. As you said we are part of Park Plaza and surrunded by may great restaurant options and our view is unique in the area.

We hope to welcome you again and make you feel revitalized in our hotel.

Warm regards.
Cincinnati, OH
Reviewed 27 August 2013

This was my second stay at the Westin Santa Fe and certainly won't be my last. First of all, the facilities are outstanding. From the fitness center to the rooms to the restaurants, everything is top notch. The rooms are large and of course the beds are comfortable. They keep you well supplied with bottled water, which is hugely important if you aren't use to the altitude in Mexico City. But beyond all the great things with the hotel itself, the service goes above and beyond. Everyone is helpful, many speak English and there is always plenty of staff to help with whatever you need. Whether you need a car to the office or the airport or need directions or change, they can always help. Through 6-7 days total on this property, I have yet to have a single complaint. In all of my traveling, this is one of the best run hotels I have visited. Thank you!

1 Thank seinenb
Dear Trip Advisor Companion,

We appreciate for taking your the time to send us your feedback, it is nice to know that your experience was great and we accomplished our goal of making you feel at home.

It will be a pleasure to welcome you again at The Westin Santa Fe in the near future.

Reviewed 16 August 2013

I stayed at Westin Santa Fe for 4 days business trip. Very modern facilities. There's all you expect for this class of hotel. Clean, friendly staff including a concierge service that organizes all you might need. I recomend doing a one day tour to the pyramides of the sun and moon that, must do this amazing experience. All quickly and easily organized by hotel. My room (lowest rate) was perfectly equipped, clean, very spacious and even though facing the street, very quiet. The gym is complementary and equipped with lots of cardio stations, located on the sky deck with a nice view over the city (or part of it since it is more then huge!)
Couple of restaurants all very modern (and expensive) in surroundings (park plaza right in front) as well as the "samara" mall in 2 min walking distance.
Beakfast offers usual continental choice and in my opinion is a bit expensive (MXN 250 = approx. 25 USD). But the prices in general are on a quite high level in Santa Fe. So it's for sure the nice and expensive part of Mex City and you will not really experience the real Mex City life.
So I can really recommend it if you look for a modern and upper level hotel, in the area Santa Fe.

Room Tip: The lowest rate room is more then enough
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Jose D, Gerente at The Westin Santa Fe Mexico City, responded to this review, 26 August 2013
Dear Guest,

We thank you very much for sharing your valuable comments with us.

We have taken notes of your comments regarding the breakfast price.

The team is working day by day to give the best experiences to all our guests and we appreciate the importance of the feedbacks you gave to us.

We look forward to welcome you again at The Westin Santa Fe shortly.

Dover, New Jersey
Reviewed 27 July 2013

I just came back from a two week stay at the Westin Santa Fe in Mexico City. The hotel is beautiful and the room décor is very comfy and cozy. My only complaint about my room is that I did not a tub in the bathroom. Though the bathroom was beautiful and very spacious I was desperately looking forward to a great bubble bath and I was unable to do so. They do have rooms with tubs so if you are interested in one you may want to make a special request when making your reservation.

Also, the pool area was under construction at the time of my visit and the hotel did not indicate this when we booked the room. Also the room service options appear to be very tasty from the descriptions on the menu. But when it is delivered it is not as tasty as it sounds. I ordered the Sea Bass and Pasta. The Sea Bass was so over cooked it felt like a brick and the pasta was overcooked as well. I also ordered the caprese salad which was the best part of my room service order.

The best dinner options were outside of the hotel at local restaurants called Olives, Becco, Primehouse, Vapianos, etc. This hotel is very close to the largest mall in Mexico City which also has great eating options.

The hotel is really nice but it can us some improvement on the dinner menu for room service and the hotel restaurant. Besides that the customer service at the front desk was always very attentive and accommodating which made my stay very comfortable.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Jose D, Gerente at The Westin Santa Fe Mexico City, responded to this review, 29 July 2013
Dear Trip Advisor Companion,

All our guests comments help us to improve day by day. I would like to let you know that the pool is open, the situation is that we are improving our facilities and creating a new space to enjoy our terrace, so we closed it a couple of days.

The Executive Chef and the Food and Beverage team will take appropriate measures so we can continue achieveing our goal and creating personalized experiences.

It will be a pleasure to welcome you again at The Westin Santa Fe Mexico City, so feel free to contact me for any special request you might have in your future visits.

Detroit, Michigan, United States
Reviewed 22 July 2013

I recently stayed at the Westin Santa Fe on business for three nights. I was pleasantly surprised with the modern structure and the clean, updated rooms. The room I had on the 10th floor had stunning views of the valley and Mexico City. The room was of ample size, and was not laid out like a typical hotel room. The design was streamlined and comfortable. I appreciated the variety of the breakfast items, which included traditional Mexican and American items. The hotel location was fantastic. Very close walking distance to several restaurants and shops. The concierge and the front desk staff are willing to help in any way possible. Certainly, a very pleasant stay, and this will always be my first choice when staying in this area again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank stirfry300
Jose D, Gerente at The Westin Santa Fe Mexico City, responded to this review, 23 July 2013
Dear Trip Advisor Companion,

We are pleased to know that we meet our goal once again. It is great to know that you enjoy your room, the area and the service that we provide and that gives us an outstanding comment about our property.

It is also great to know that The Westin Santa Fe is your first option for your visits to Mexico City.

We are ready to welcome and revitalize you again.