“Stay here you wont regret it!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Novit

Hotel Novit
Ranked #16 of 305 Hotels in Mexico City
Houston, Texas
“Stay here you wont regret it!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2013

This is the second time I stayed in this Hotel. I was happy to see that they keep the same excellent quality in every aspect. The rooms and bathrooms are spotless, the A/C works perfectly. You dont hear any noise from outside the room. Every area is greatly kept, clean and beautiful. The Restaurant has an attached terrace that is soooo nice! They have live music some nights of the week. The food is just delicious! They have defenitely gourmet quality! Even simple things of the morning menu are really tasty. And better of all, the staff, every one of them, will make you feel pampered and right at home! I was telling them, that I feel sad to leave!!!Hotel Novit is definetely my Hotel in Mexico City!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2013

Stayed here back in August of 2011, so this is late. However, very nice hotel, clean, comfortable. Had a quiet clean room with great AC (which is always hit or miss in hotels - AC I mean) And of course you need AC in August in Mexico City! Great breakfast space (indoor, and they have an outdoor patio with comfortable setting). All in all no complaints. Lobby bar is small, but they serve a decent drink. Breakfast food was as expected, meaning there are basic foods with a Mexican slant to them, fresh fruit, nice strong coffee. Very convenient to my convention a few blocks away. This was a nice oasis in an incredibly huge sprawling busy city. I recommend it especially if you are traveling without children, as it seems geared towards business/professionals.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2013

This hotel met and exceeded my expectations during my stay. I just got back from visiting my wife's family in Mexico City and I had a blast. The city is so much fun and alive. Truly a remarkable experience. First off the hotel is in a great part of town. Very clean and safe so don't worry about that. My wife's cousin dropped us off and we took a hotel taxi back to the airport (About $20 USD) so we didn't get a chance to ride the metro/train or the bus.

The hotel is absolutely gorgeous. The lobby is fresh and inviting and the overall feel of the property is very well done. Our room was outstanding. I didn't think we were going to get good value for our room but we did. We had a king room and the bed was luxurious. The view was meh but who cares. The bathroom was very nice and the shower was very well done as well. I liked every aspect of our room and the wifi signal was strong and fast.

We were greeted very well during check-in. I was in a bit of a rush since we had been in Mexico a few days and my stomach was beginning to betray me. The food is so fresh, delicious and bursting with flavor that you want to try everything but ultimately you pay the price. I stayed there with my wife because we were there to see a concert at the World Trade Center which was a couple blocks away. After the show we went for drinks at the bar (a must here!) and our bartender made the best gin and tonic I've ever had and very good margarita for the missus. He chatted with us for a while about his favorite tequilas and was very nice to us.

The only mishap was when we ordered room service. A simple club sandwich. We ordered it at the bar and were told it would take 10 minutes to get to our room. We waited about 20 and called down check where it was. 10 minutes later it appeared! It was a good sandwich but not worth the 30 minute wait. If our stomachs were in better condition we would have had some tacos at one of the many street vendors outside but we were on shaky stomachs at that point. We slept like babies.

One thing I found in this hotel and that of Mexico in general is you get two types of customer service: warm or indifferent. I could say that the ladies behind the counter at the hotel could care less if a refrigerator dropped from the sky and buried me when I spoke to them during check-in or check-out. They did not ask if I enjoyed my stay or anything. They could be replaced with kiosks and no one would notice. On the other hand everyone else was awesome. From the doorman to the bartender.

Stay here if you're in the neighborhood. You'll be pleasantly surprised. And it is great value.

Room Tip: King Room.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Victor S
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2013

Fairly new hotel, with spacious rooms, neutral but modern furniture and very clean: loved it! Location is great too, as you are right in the middle of one of the key avenues. Right next to fashionable La Condesa area.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2013

I was staying in the Novit during a 5 days business trip. The room was clean and spacious, and really quite, though it was looking towards the street. I really loved the breakfast (lot of fresh fruits, which I love), service and staff was friendly and quick. Had dinner in the hotel's restaurant once, also really good.
The hotel has a nice little "patio" to have a drink or two. Internet in the room was free and the connection stable. I will def. come back for my next trip to Mexico City!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2013

What a fantastic place to stay! I was attending a wedding in Mexico of a good friend of mine and he had found this place to stay. I was not sure what to expect as there weren't many reviews at the time.

The accommodation was absolutely terrific. The staff were lovely! We often would have a drink down in the lobby and they were great. My friend would turn up and they never had a problem parking his car for him while we had a drink and a chat.

The rooms are spacious and clean, it is across the road from a metro stop and a short cab ride from the Zocalo and other desitnations. It's a short stroll from Condesa well worth a look and walk around for lunch or dinner.

I really enjoyed my stay at Novit, clean tidy and friendly. Can't ask for more than that!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2013

The hotel is in one of the best areas in MX DF, very well served.
Very good service, only private Novit transport system is extremely expensive.
Rooms are clean, comfortable, large bathroom and well served with ironing private stuff.
Food is good and the service is perfect.
The ideal hotel for all kind of travels.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business