Where do I begin? On the first morning (Thursday, 5/17) the 7am breakfast buffet wasn't ready until after 8:30 AM. A serving spoon was dropped on the floor while they were trying to light the sterno-type heat source. The spoon was placed directly back on the table for use by the next unsuspecting guest. I was told the delay was because the waiter (only 1?) called in sick that day. I didn't return for breakfast the next day. I subsequently went to Sanborn's for better service, food, price, and cleanliness.
Many extra charges are not clearly disclosed, i.e. INTERNET ACCESS: 25 pesos (about $2.50) per hour. I inquired about the charges, asking the Front Desk Manager, Mr Alejandro Cortes de Leon (who was not only rude but also completely unhelpful throughout my stay) about the multiple 25 peso charges on my bill. I speak Spanish, so there was no difficulty in communication. His response was, basically, "Nope. That's the price. Whether you use the internet for one minute or one hour. Take it or leave it." LAUNDRY CHARGES are not posted ANYWHERE. There is no way to determine the cost of laundry until your bill arrives. Of course, at that time it's too late to dispute any of the charges.
1. HOT WATER on most attempts took at least ten minutes to arrive at my shower head in room 701. I had to get into the habit of turning on the water 10 minutes before I needed to shower.
2. ADDITIONAL BOTTLED WATER is charged at almost double the rate posted in the room. Each room is given 2 small bottles daily and charged for additional bottles via the Room Service bill, WITH A SERVICE CHARGE added. I went to 7-11 after that.
3. A/C remote control is attached to the wall, encased in a plexiglass housing (to prevent theft, apparently) making it almost impossible to see the controls, much less to use them.
4. There is NO bathroom phone, operational cable TV (4 channels, none of them in English), or In Room Bar (it's an empty fridge) contrary to the company's claim on their website. The in-room Safety Deposit Box is a metal safe sitting loosely on the shelf, and is easily removed from the closet.
5. The furniture is very worn and tattered, so much so that I CUT OPEN MY RIGHT THIGH on a nail sticking out of the chair resulting in a significant amount of bleeding. Again the front desk manager, Mr Alejandro Cortes de Leon, was extremely unhelpful when I called for assistance. He came up to my floor but proceeded to chat with the maintenance crew for TEN MINUTES in the hall outside my door before knocking to provide assistance. His only concern was that the nail be hammered back into the chair. No apology, no offer of assistance. His response was, "Well, what do you want us to do?" He sent up a bottle of alcohol.
6. Do Not Disturb signs are simply not available. I was repeatedly awakened several times each morning by the housekeeping staff.
7. If you like to sleep on the floor, you'll LOVE the rock hard beds!
Avoid this hotel at all costs! They are deceptive, dishonest, and completely unhelpful. Just about the worst I have stayed in anywhere around the world, at any price, especially in Mexico City. There are far better choices in and around the Zona Rosa.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to our Hotel in Mexico City, The proximity of the Zona Rosa with government offices, the stock exchange, shopping malls, museums and the historic center of the city, make Hotel Mision Express Zona Rosa an excellent choice for business and for those seeking to enjoy the cultural richness of Mexico City. Very close to notorious places like Paseo de la Reforma, the monument to the revolution and close to the museum area and the historic center, make Hotel Mision Express Zona Rosa in a strategic point for the traveler who wants to know more about the culture Mexican. We have 50 comfortable and fully equipped executive rooms that will give you everything you need to have a well deserved rest. Furthermore our hotel in Mexico City offers first class services such as breakfast buffet in our restaurant, wireless internet access, executive taxi service 24 hrs, laundry and dry cleaning, luggage storage, free parking, business center, gym room for meetings and social events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelsClick, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mision Express Zona Rosa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mision Zona Rosa Mexico City Hotel Mexico City
- Mision Express Zona Rosa Mexico City