“Everything the reviews say, and better!”

Hotel Villa Condesa
Ranked #10 of 151 Mexico City B&B and Inns
Melbourne, Australia
“Everything the reviews say, and better!”
Reviewed 26 August 2011

Travelling solo to Mexico City for the first time, I was a little apprehensive as I heard lots of negative tales about the city. Homero and Daisy, the owners of this lovely Villa, and Clara, the ever patient and helpful Manager, soon dispelt my concerns. The Villa turned out to be a home away from home for me, and everything other travellers have said about the tranquil atmosphere and wonderful and warm hospitality is true. I have never been made to feel more welcome in a hotel, nor have I ever been advised as well. I had the best time, helped by all at the Villa, including Andres, the chef, and the other staff who all did their jobs superbly well. I can't thank them enough! If you are heading for Mexico City, and are looking for a tranquil, well organized and comfortable haven where you are not just another anonymous guest, Villa Condesa is the place for you. I wouldn't dream of staying anywhere else next time!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Coco308

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 25 August 2011

Villa Condesa Is as comfortable as home. The owners and staff are incredibly responsive - they go 120% to meet your needs. Breakfast is 3 course with your choice of main dish, homemade juices and jams and excellent service. Rooms are more than comfortable. Owners and family are delightful. Neighborhood is very upscale with restaurants with many types of food. Rates are moderate and feels like an excellent bed & breakfast. You can get a beer or bottle of wine in the evening, if so desired. GREAT place.

Room Tip: All of the rooms were excellent - our party had 3. No superior view to be had - this is a neighborho...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 12 August 2011

I cannot say enough. The Villa Condesa was superb. Colonial on the outside, hip, chic and luxury / boutique on the inside. The artwork, bright colored furniture and the spacious patio is what did it for me. I cannot forget to mention that the hosts/owners: Daisy and Homero were there but not intrusive. They in most part anticipated my needs and prevailed with what was needed. I was there for two nights however wish I could of stayed longer.

Room Tip: The owner, Homero knows his way around DF. He use to be a TV journalist so he know the
  • Stayed February 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank Coastalkat
kloten
Reviewed 6 August 2011

we found the best word for it: Peaceful. You close the gate behind you, and you find yourself in a beautiful patio, so quit . We were tempted to sit there all day. The owner and the staff are so helpful, nothing is a problem. The rooms, and bathrooms, are so wonderfully designed. Better than at most homes...And yes, altough we never have breakfast, we did have it there. dont miss it.
we travel a lot, but I think I never felt so at ease ever .
Enjoy your stax
Maggie Habermacher Zurich/Switzerland

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank mautzeli
Flint, Michigan
Reviewed 5 August 2011

Friends and I spent three glorious nights at the Hotel Villa Condesa and plan to return very soon. It is a small property located in the beautiful, safe neighborhood called Roma which has many fine restaurants, parks, and a beautiful department store nearby. Upon our arrival we were greeted by the friendly staff who were there 24 hours to serve the guests. The bed was one of the most comfortable I have ever slept in; the crisp linens and down comforter were very luxurious. The whole property has a very zen feeling with beautiful patio gardens and the rooms have clean lines and very modern decor. A continental breakfast was Included consisting of an assortment of wonderful fruits and juices served with bread and homemade jams. The cook comes to speak with you at the table and offers a small breakfast menu for an additional charge if you desire a hardier breakfast. Daysi, the owner, was there daily to see that our every need was met. I highly recommend the Villa Condesa to anyone looking for a personal, restful, vacation experience instead of being in a large impersonal hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank gail1169
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 29 July 2011

Ask the people there, all your questions. They are very friendly!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank YiannisBTA
Tijuana, Mexico
Reviewed 25 July 2011

My wife, mother-in-law and my 16 month old kid stayed there for the best two nights we've spent in Mexico City, and we do travel there quite often. The place is really nice, clean, comfortable and safe. About the staff, I cannot say anything other than great things. Vicky, Marta and Andrés made our stay very pleasent, while the owners and their two sons made us feel as close to home as reasonably possible. Additionally, the B&B is one block from a beautiful park and two blocks away from all the nice restaurants and bars of La Condesa. I wouldn't think twice about staying there again.

Room Tip: As in any hotel, for optimal silence during the night, try to stay in one of the inside rooms rather...
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family