“charming hotel in a lovely neighbohood”

Hotel Villa Condesa
Ranked #10 of 167 Mexico City B&B and Inns
Reviewed 22 March 2014

This intimate and charming hotel was a perfect place to stay to enjoy all that Mexico City has to offer. After the excitement and bustle of the city, we would come home to this quiet oasis of comfort. We were given lots of help and assistance - and the icing on the cake is that the restaurant is wonderful!!

Room Tip: I believe that a second floor room is preferable to a first.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 6 March 2014

Villa Condesa is a great place to stay in noisy Mexico City, I really enjoyed my stay there.

Villa Condesa is in a very quiet neighborhood where it was safe to walk at night for the group I was with. I stayed in the cozy room which is very good: clean, tastefully designed. I stayed there alone, with two people it would be VERY cozy, especially in the bed. The bed might also be a bit short for tall (>1,85m) people.

The staff was always very friendly, courteous and helpful. For the reservations, just remember that calling is more effective than mailing... :-)

Only thing that surprised me was that breakfast does not mean an European buffet style breakfast. Instead, fruit is served, one baguette and something like scrambled egg or tomato/spinach mix (changes every day). In first instance, what was served is not that much, but they were more than happy to prepare more for you.

Very good place to stay, I would for sure go there again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 February 2014

I read the reviews on this hotel and it sounded wonderful. I was planning on visiting Mexico City and wanted to stay here. I kept putting in estimated dates (again, I had a great deal of flexibility) and kept getting responses the hotel was unavailable. After trying MANY failed possibilities online I finally decided to send a contact email to the hotel. I wrote the hotel I wanted to stay a week but had great flexibility, but no positive confirmation was coming back. After several exchanges, this was their response, "well thats because, we have no availability for the dates you request, pleace let me know your check in and check out."

How many emails do I have to send letting them know my dates are flexible and when do you have availability? I found their responses rude and gave up.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank kensmithsf
Reviewed 10 February 2014

We stayed here for 6 nights and loved it. A wonderful place to return to each evening. Beer and wine is left in the courtyard each evening from 6-7pm giving guests a chance to relax and meet others.
The whole ambience of this small hotel is discreet stylishness.
Our room was small and we would have liked a window to open as it was very warm at night and the a/c was weak. We spent little time there however.
The staff were young, helpful and had good recommendations for restaurants.
The neighbourhood is vibrant and full of young people and families.

Room Tip: Maybe ask where the room is. We stayed in the old part of the villa. Room was small, but there are...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 February 2014

We only stayed for one wonderful night in this boutique hotel. Once you walk in you feel sheltered from all the city noise. The host were very gracious and helpful. Very cute modern decor. Our room had a king size bed and our own personal terrace. We also enjoyed the perks that came with our room such as free happy hour at 6-7pm and a delicious breakfast the next morning.

Overall a great hotel choice in Condesa.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tayie83
Reviewed 2 February 2014

I stayed here for two nights this past January. The Hotel is small B&B with a handful of rooms. The hotel is clean and neat and the staff was relatively friendly. The location is great and is in walking distance of many bars and restaurants.

My stay was comfortable, but this hotel lacks the amenities needed for a business travel. The internet was unreliable, the front desk staff were inexperienced and had difficulty scheduling a secure taxi, ironing boards are not included in the rooms, and lobby is not suitable for meeting.

If I came back to the area for vacation, I would consider staying here, but I would probably explore the other surrounding properties.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the second floor.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 January 2014

When in a city of more than 20 million, you can find a place of charm, peace and quiet, then more than luck, it just means you have found the perfect spot.

Starting by location, its perfect, around the corner or few blocks away from anything you might want or need (bakery, shops, restaurants, bars, art galleries, etc). As for design and decor is all sorts of lovely vintage details everywhere, the rooms are spacious and cozy, and the common areas are inviting. Breakfast was a delight, home made and flavor-full, with the highlight of Brian's smile and kind service. The staff in all areas was kind, attentive and at point.

It felt not like a hotel, more like staying at a friend's house for the weekend. Can't get any better, do not hesitate to book in this little gem.

Room Tip: Cozy rooms are a great deal in terms of price-quality, but Deluxe rooms are worth it after long walk...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple