A bit of a party hostel - both in the hostel lobby/bar/restaurant and from the streets below which host a variety of (often poor quality) buskers that play to the people sat outside cafes.
Facilities are good with 3 free-for-20mins PCs with internet, and free wifi. Breakfast is standard with weak coffee and two pancakes with syrup. Ok if you're on a budget.
Kitchen is decent with a microwave, gas cooker and a fridge.
Rooms have beautiful high ceilings. I had a double with a friend and it was incredibly spacious!
Staff are helpful and speak good English.
Tours are available from reception, but as ever with tours in Mexico, they are often unorganised which can penalise the tourist when, for example, the driver of your van disappears and no-one quite knows when or when to meet up, or as happened to me at the end of the wrestling tour, the minibus driver wanted to drop me and some other Regina residents at another hostel for us to find our own way home, as it wasn't the same bus that had picked us up (all part of the same tour but regardless he wanted to save time/money!). Be aware!
Regina however is a nice place to stay - noisy but nice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hostel Regina is projected to be the only retro art-kitsch youth hostel in Mexico City. We have shared and private rooms, where local and foreign cultures and fused along with experiences and environments. The place is brand new, counts with 121 comfortable beds, private rooms, parquet floors, high ceilings and huge windows with balcony. We manage to make every room special, spacious and bright. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, HostelWorld, Hotels.com, Ebookers and Cancelon so you can book your Hostal Centro Historico Regina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hostal Centro Historico Regina Hotel Mexico City
- Hostal Centro Historico Regina Mexico City