“HORRIBLE FOOD AND OVERPRICED!”
Review of Dawat Mexico

Dawat Mexico
Ranked #246 of 4,433 Restaurants in Mexico City
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Polanco
Seattle, Washington
“HORRIBLE FOOD AND OVERPRICED!”
Reviewed 26 July 2012

The restaurant is really overpriced and the food is absolutely the worst I have ever had! The ambiance is not much to speak of either. We ordered chicken biryani, karhai and tandoori chicken. It would be very difficult for me to rank which of the three dishes was the worst! I have a hard time believing that someone who cooks so poorly would be hired to be a chef of one of the few Indian restaurants in Mexico city. Save your time and money and dine elsewhere!

• Visited July 2012
4 Thank s k

Chicago, IL
“Good Indian food in Mexico City”
Reviewed 5 July 2012

My wife and I went to Dawat to try their Indian food and were pleasantly surprised with the meal. We have a couple of appetizers that were great and I had the chicken marsala while my wife had a lamb plate. My dish was quite tasty and the roti and nann bread was good as well.

We had both rice with lemon and rice with vegetables and both were really good. We finished off the meal with Indian tea, which was also quite tasty.

Overall, we were pleased with the meal. The amount of the bill was a bit pricey, but I guess it is worth it for a special occassion.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank USTravelerChicago_IL
London, United Kingdom
“Poor reception and service”
Reviewed 6 April 2012

Took a while to locate the resturant, having finally reached the place, the first impression was they were not at all welcoming. We decided to carry on and have a meal anyways, as we were craving for an Indian meal, having been in Mexico for 1 week without one. Recived the food menu and enquired if they had a wine list. we were presented with a drinks menu but had no wine listed on the menu. We asked if they serve any wine, and we're presented with a few choice of bottles. We enquired what was the price of the bottles, and the prices were churned out of the top of the waiters head.

The price was USD40 for the cheapest wine, having looked at the prices on the food menu which seemed high considering the profile of restaurant. As we were not impressed with the intilal reception we decided not to dine at this restaurant.

Walked approx 2 minutes from the resturant and found a very good Italian resturant. Pricy but well worth the service and food.

• Visited April 2012
2 Thank emeto
Tucson, Arizona
“Good Indian food but small quantities”
Reviewed 10 January 2012

We tasted various dishes, vegetarian or with meat and they were all tasty but I found the quantities a bit small for the price - especially when the main ingredient is super cheap (potatoes for example).

Visited October 2011
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Best Indian Restaurant in DF”
Reviewed 9 November 2011

I've been eating at Dawat for several years now, and I have to say, it is one of my absolute favorite restaurants in Mexico City. The welcome is always warm, the service prompt and friendly, and the food . . . . wow! It has this really amazing fusion of Indian and Mexican going on. Now when I go back to Indian restaurants in the States, it's a let-down; they just don't have the same spice! It is a little expensive, but still, I highly recommend it.

• Visited November 2011