“Delicious Indian Cuisine”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Polanco
Reviewed 12 March 2013

It's quite the adventure trying new restaurants in different cities and Dawat is definitely theee best restaurant here for Indian cuisine. The place is very small and the ambiance is peaceful. There is a glass window to watch the actual Indian chefs make fresh authentic indian dishes. Tandoori dishes are fresh and full of flavor! The naan and parathas are the real deal. The curries are delectable and the Okra dish was amazing! Also, at the table they provide chili green chutney and tamarind (ambli) sauce... condiments that can pleasantly surprise all tastebuds! Servers were very friendly and we would definitely return when in Mexico City :)

1  Thank Zaahira22

Reviewed 29 January 2013

I have been to Dawat twice and have enjoyed it both times. I like Indian food a lot, and I think the food quality is good, but portion sizes are a little small. Last night we had the chicken tikka masala (one of my favorites) and a spicy lamb dish, along with the lentils (which I love). When combined with the lemon rice and some naan it was a very good dinner. The restaurant is very small and a bit out of the way for the Polanco area. The service was friendly and very good (but we were the only patrons for a while.

1  Thank Coralyn G
Reviewed 1 December 2012

This place has great food (but pricey for portion size). You will not find a better Indian restaurant in Mexico. The restaurant itself is very smile and the service is not the best but you cannot go wrong with the food.

1  Thank expatmexico
Reviewed 26 July 2012

The restaurant is really overpriced and the food is absolutely the worst I have ever had! The ambiance is not much to speak of either. We ordered chicken biryani, karhai and tandoori chicken. It would be very difficult for me to rank which of the three dishes was the worst! I have a hard time believing that someone who cooks so poorly would be hired to be a chef of one of the few Indian restaurants in Mexico city. Save your time and money and dine elsewhere!

4  Thank s k
Reviewed 5 July 2012

My wife and I went to Dawat to try their Indian food and were pleasantly surprised with the meal. We have a couple of appetizers that were great and I had the chicken marsala while my wife had a lamb plate. My dish was quite tasty and the roti and nann bread was good as well.

We had both rice with lemon and rice with vegetables and both were really good. We finished off the meal with Indian tea, which was also quite tasty.

Overall, we were pleased with the meal. The amount of the bill was a bit pricey, but I guess it is worth it for a special occassion.

1  Thank USTravelerChicago_IL