“Mexico City - Feb 2013”

Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Reforma / Zona Rosa
Cross street: Niza y Genova
Reviewed 19 February 2013

Randomly found this place for drinks and snack after a day of site seeing. Great location in Reforma 222. We had some small appetizers, which were good. Overall, great place to grab some food and drinks and watch the game on one of the many TVs!

Reviewed 24 January 2013

The food and atmosphere are just average and typical of a chain restaurant. If looking for something authentic you should look elsewhere. Convenient since it's as the mall, but nothing special.

Reviewed 22 January 2013

This place is located in one of the most beautiful districts of Mexico City, it’s nearby downtown but not so close to be in the high traffic area, and it is close to monuments like the Independence Angel. Food is O.K., portions are a little bit small so you might want to order at least a soup or salad plus your main course. Service is very good, staff is always willing to help and make you feel comfortable. They have a good selection of Tequila, and Tequila cocktails, but don’t expect to find Margaritas (I was surprised, they do not serve Margaritas). Since this place is located at Reforma 222 shopping mall, it has self-service parking, or valet parking.

Reviewed 19 November 2012

Classic Mexican, not only tequila there, since the menu has lot of good quality Mexican food. Very good location, excellent service and affordable pricing that deserve a visit, you won't regret it.

Reviewed 6 September 2012

During my visit in Mexico - which indeed was enjoyable - I had lunch here one afternoon. Our host was quite adamant on going there, and my colleague and I followed, as we had until then not been disappointed by his choices.
This time neither - despite the placement in a mall facing Paseo de la Reforma, the atmosphere was fine and even though the restaurant was quite busy on a Saturday afternoon the service was attentive and helpful (I do not underestimate the huge value of having a native facilitating the conversation).
At it was the beginning of the wet season, we were told that there were two specialities on the many, which we should try;
Escamoles, which are larvae of ants, which lives on the roots of an agave plant . They are considered a delicacy and are sometimes referred to as "insect caviar". I found them not unlike a mixture between bulgur and cottage cheese, the taste is somewhat bland, but not unpleasant.
Gusanos de Maguey, which is the edible (in this instance deep fried) caterpillar of either a butterfly (the white maguey) or a moth (the red maguey). I am inclined to think the variant we were served was the white type, as they were fairly large. My colleague gracefully declined to try them, but I tried them and found them edible, but rather uninteresting, even when adding a really mean salsa with habañeros.
We also had a tortilla soup for starters, which were quite good, and the following dishes, which mas meant to be shared was quite good - I really liked the frijoles refritos with habañero chiles and the white fish. The guacamole was really good - made only from ripe avocados. As I was filled beyond comprehension, please bear over with me for not remembering all dishes, but all I got was good and freshly prepared.
Recommendable place, especially if you're a tequila lover - they have a vast selection to choose from, my only small remark is that their sangrita was slightly too hot and acidic in taste - it should ideally complement the tequila, not mask the taste.