“Smooth place to hang out.”

Licoreria Limantour
Ranked #493 of 4,606 Restaurants in Mexico City
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Roma
Reviewed 26 April 2014

The place is well located on beautiful Alvaro Obregon avenue in Colonia Roma. The bar has a nice menu with cocktails ranging from whiskeys to mezcal. Mezcal drinks are really good, particularly the cocktail Mezcal Stalk (Mezcal cosmos with pineapple juice, agave leave and a worm´s salt frosting.). The food is basically a snack menu, nonetheless the options are really good, you should try the french fries with sweet potato fries. Music might be eclectic because of their weird options, sometimes you hear a hit from the 70´s, lounge music or a hip song, yet the volume is perfect to chat with your friends. You should arrive before 9:30pm because it does get crowded. And for the smokers, it does have a smoking area inside the bar.

1  Thank BEN C
There are newer reviews for Licoreria Limantour

Reviewed 30 March 2014

Stopped by for a drink and managed seats at the open air bar. Very nice atmosphere and excellent service. We tried the Margarita El Pastor which was an interesting concoction - a bit heavy on the pineapple - but a neat mix of tastes and flavours. Also sampled some mezcal with a slice of orange & worm salt.
Pricey but a nice experience!

Reviewed 21 October 2013

A nice place for a drink before dinner in Polanco. We tried some non-alocholic cocktails, delicious. Had the "La Morena" cocktail without alcohol. Simply wonderful with the guayaba foam. Another friend had the Margarita al pastor (with alcohol), delicious and very interesting with the cilantro, pineapple and chile serrano taste. Definitely worth dropping by for a relaxed drink on a weekend in the late afternoon

Reviewed 17 September 2013

Good cocktails a little bit pricey but nice.If you decide to go outside for your dringk dont forget your sweeter at evening as it might get chilly. the Pastor cocktail is actually like drinking a taco!

Reviewed 26 June 2013

Yesterday a couple of friends from over seas came to town and someone said about this new place in La Roma that we should check out. Didn´t sound a bad idea, so we went there. We went to the top part, where it´s only drinks and they have a few tapas to eat. We orders some mezcales (that are the trendiest dirnk right now) and some beers. I wanted something to eat so I ask if theres a special menu for food, he says that they only have the tapas on the liquior menu. So I go, ok then I´ll have some tapas, and the waiter tells me that I can´t order one, I need to order either 4, 6 or 10. What??? So if I only want one, what am I doing with the other 3? Plus that this is not written anywhere on the menu. I went with it and had 4. Drinks came except for my beer, I had to actually ask for it a second and a thirth time, realy? So, we are leaving we ask for the check pay the bill its all of us putting in, some of us in cash some of us with the card. We add up and figure that the tip is ok. So then the waiter comes back and says, you HAVE to at least give me 10% tip. Well, I don´t HAVE to, specially when I didnt have an excellent service and you com back demaning, not asking politely, to give 10% at least? Well, I have to say, I´ve been on the other side, and been given not even 5% and I never ever, go demand it to the customers, thats just extremly rude!
Besides that, they want to be so trendy that they have mini stools, that your are basically sitting on the ground.
No the type of place that I like or recomend.

1  Thank fergusParis