“Inca Jungle Trek 4d/3n”

Sacred Valley 4x4 Quadbike Adventure from Cusco
US$115.00*
Sacred Valley Full Day Trekking Tour from Cusco
More attraction details
Owner description: Bamba Experience offers travellers the best options for independent travel. They can choose from two unique travel options: flexible Hop-On Hop-Off passes and Adventure Trips (Independent, Private, Small Groups) or personalise their very own Tailor-Made Trip. Our passion is to bring our clients to the most spectacular destinations in the Americas (both North, Central & South), Europe, Africa, Asia and Oceania. Explore the world with Bamba Experience for the perfect independent travel experience!
Reviewed 3 May 2014

I booked the 4 day/3 night Inca Jungle trek with STA (all activities are included) in London before heading out to travel round South America. It was definitely one of the highlights of my whole journey and the perfect way to end an amazing few months.
A few days before the trek started I went to the Bamba office based at Millhouse Hostel in Cusco to check in and get my briefing from the guide. Our guide, Eddie, was exceptional from the start. He made sure we were given all the information we needed including what to expect each day and what to pack. He was happy to answer any questions and I definitely felt I was in good hands.
First day was biking downhill for approx 2.5 hours. We were given good bikes with good tread on the tyres, helmets, body protection, gloves and high vis vests. A guide led the group and a support vehicle always followed behind. You could go at your own pace and the biking was very easy even in really horrible rainy conditions. We were meant to also raft on this day but sadly this was cancelled. A refund was given by Bamba when we returned to Cusco.
The second day is the proper trek day. I would call it an easy to moderate trek which Eddie always talked us through so we knew how long each section would be. Throughout the day he pointed out the various plants, fruits, insects and animals we saw. You also get to walk for about an hour on the Inca trail. You get to experience a cable car like no other I have ever seen and end the day in an amazing hot springs with hot shower and all other facilities you could need.
Day 3 starts off with zip lining. The company used is called Inka Flyers who use full body harnesses. You are also given helmets and gloves. Despite being very nervous this was definitely
an unforgettable experience I am so glad I plucked up the courage for. After lunch you then walk along the train tracks around Machu Picchu for around 3 hours before arriving at Agua Calientes.
Day 4 of course ends with a visit to Machu Picchu. Eddie organises all the bus and train tickets and a gives a great tour of the site first thing in the morning. The only slight issue is we had no say in what time our train was booked to go back towards Cusco. Sadly this meant we felt a bit rushed. I would check this when booking.
The food was always very good and plentiful. Accommodation was basic but clean and adequate. Eddie definitely made this experience and I would highly recommend this an alternative to the traditional Inca trial trek.

3  Thank Ameliaida

Reviewed 1 May 2014

Joined bamba travelling through Malaysia. The company is very organised, the buses used for transport are clean and air conditioned and most of the time pick you up and drop you off at your hotel door which os exceptional service. The manager also goes way out of his way to make sure customers are happy with their experience

2  Thank GW82014
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Bamba is a company that offers customer service when and where it can. Even with the odd hick up or small problem, bamba quickly solves and fixes the problem offer all it can to make it right. I was very impressed with the help give by the manager Armin.

Emails between myself and the team were quick and fast. I was always in contact with the team and they were full of infomation.

If your looking for a trip with safety and security knowing your travel is all booked for you, with the odd extra trip chucked in. Plus knowing someone is there.

Then I recommend using bamba .

1  Thank Aaron2633
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Did the 4-day traditional inca trail trek to machu pichu - awesome trip! Great service, great food and great guides.

NB: Request the guide SIMBA, he made the trip a really fun and interesting experience. By far the best guide I've ever met!

Reviewed 22 April 2014

Did the 4 day Inca Jungle Trek to Machu Picchu, it was amazing and varied. We had a great group but our guide Eddie really made it for us. He was so helpful and friendly, really looked after us and made sure we were ok all the time. Bike riding, trekking, zip lining etc was a great alternative to the classic Inca Trail (I didn't want to camp!!)
Only downside was that Bamba book your train back from Aguas Calientas and you don't have a say when it is - we had to leave at 11:30am which meant we didn't get much time actually at Machu Picchu (which was obviously the highlight of the trip!) Also booked me on a separate train to the person I booked it with and the rest of my group which meant I had to sit alone and they all sat together which wasn't very good. Perhaps check this before you go?