We stayed at the hotel for six days during the 2009 World Baseball Classic at nearby Foro Sol Stadium. I always believe in delivering the good news first, so here goes:
1) As many in other reviews have noted, the hotel is basically only a sky-bridge walk away from the international terminal at the Mexico City airport yet one never hears the airport noise.
2) Service was excellent and staff was extremely helpful. Many spoke English.
3) Workout Room/Spa was very nice with tons of equipment and a relaxing steam room.
4) Breakfast brunch was a great value with plenty of fresh food.
5) Lobby was spacious, clean and well designed.
6) Free shuttle service to the airport is nice.
7) Guided tour of the Pyramid of the Sun with an English-speaking guide that allows pickup at the hotel is a good value at $45.
Now, what you really need to know:
1) Business center charges 5 pesos per minute; it ain't free. They never tell you that.
2) Hotel taxis are a ripoff charging four times that of conventional fares; get your taxi just behind the hotel by walking through the bus depot via a right turn at the sky bridge and follow to the rear of the hotel.
3) Hotel food is very expensive. Great taco stand also located behind the hotel with cheap food; Mexicana stewardesses routinely eat here, so I figured it had to be healthy and good. It was.
4) Sky bridge allows easy access to the airport shops and eateries; suggest you avoid eating at the hotel and if you want a burger at Burger King for the kids, go to the airport. A very clean, safe and efficient airport.
5) Lap pool at the hotel is a joke. Put two people in the pool and it's crowded and you can cover a lap in seven normal strokes. But there is tons of workout equipment and spin cycles available FREE to hotel guests.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Camino Real Aeropuerto reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Camino Real Aeropuerto Hotel Mexico City
- Camino Real Aeropuerto Mexico City