“Choose another place”

Ranked #191 of 310 Hotels in Mexico City
california
“Choose another place”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Hi travelers! So here's what happened today...booked ahead on Expedia's Wed. sale day hoping for an upgrade of a place. Been on the road a long time so decided to jump and get the Wed. sale of places offered sight unseen...took a chance. But really will not do this again....Left my other hotel and when I got here they could not find my res. eventhough I gave them all the correct numbers of the conf. etc.. They actually had me take out my computer and show them the Expedia details as I did not print them out, then requested to connect my computer to their printer to have a hard copy of info. On looking at conf. there were actually two addresses for the Casa de Condesa. I had booked originally the one in Polanco...anyway gave the taxi driver the address taken from the conf. from Expedia and got here. Total hold up at the reception. Then they told me that there were two Casa de la Condesa's and THAT THE ONE IN POLANCO IS ACTUALLY CLOSED! They still could not get the correct info and got Expedia on the phone and kept me standing there while figuring it all out. And so, since the Expedia Wed. 40% off deal was paid for and non-refundable, I am stuck here at a total downgrade from my other hotel. Bathroom smells of men's urinal disinfectant, and really wish I was back in my other hotel. So if you don't want to deal with hassles, avoid this place. You can do better for the price. Looked at the original price of room and it is $95, way over priced.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank gurusdakini

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I was disappointed in this hotel because I had heard good things about it, and I had a few setbacks.
The internet only worked for one hour during my entire two night stay. The sheets on my bed were stained. The TV remote did not work, and they brought another that worked so poorly I finally just did not watch TV. The room had lovely parquet floors and a kitchen, unusual for Mexico, and it was very quiet. The ad I saw for the hotel said it had a restaurant, which it did not. The staff were courteous but not eager to help.The location of this hotel is great if you want to be in colonias Roma and Condesa.
There was an amusing restaurant next door, the Cafe Ocho, where I got online and enjoyed some good food. Across the street was Starbucks so I could get an early morning coffee and also go online.
Taking walks along the streets was a safe and beautiful experience. Next time I will look for another hotel in the same neighborhood and see if I can find just what I need!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 4 April 2014

While I know there are a number of good reviews on this property, we had a poor experience there. The positives are the location and the balcony, if you take a room with one. Negatives are the 'kitchenette' is totally inadequate, no wi-fi in the room and it is very limited in reception and the property is overpriced. In addition, we had to change rooms because of a waterleak and in the new one an armchair collapsed under me which could have caused serious injury. We also had to have another chair replaced as it was faulty as well. We'll stay elsewhere next time.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Mexico City hotels

San Diego
Reviewed 11 December 2013

Older, mexican style decor hotel, clean and in great location in Col Roma. Lots of restaurants/bars within walking distance. Staff was very friendly, spoke English and very helpful.
Zocalo was a 40 peso cab ride. Bosque de Chapultepec was about 2 miles away which we walked. I would stay at this hotel again. Budget friendly.

Room Tip: We had a room in front with a balcony overlooking the street. It was noisy in the evenings, especial...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Thunder Bay, Canada
Reviewed 29 October 2013

One day during my stay at Casa de la Condesa i met the General Manager. He asked me how i was doing after he introduced himself. I spoke to him for five minutes about staying at Casa de la Condesa and how much i enjoyed the rooms, the view, the people who work there and the streets surrounding the establishment. First, let me say if you are reading this and wondering where to go, this place is it! They are helpful, they are courteous, and the little restaurant serves a good breakfast in the morning. If you have never been to Mexico City, then forget all of the propaganda you have heard, so much is untrue (why Washington DC is far worse!!). The area around the Casa is safe, day and night. The food establishments are many and you could stay for weeks and still not see them all. The metro station and shopping are six blocks away. Finally, i have stayed in this establishment now for more times than i can count, and i will stay more times in the future because it is like home. Every time i arrive it is hugs all the way around, its like family. Do you want a vacation as a tourist or an experience of lifetime that you will always remember? Then stay at the Casa de la Condesa, and tell you friends you had an authentic visit to mexico. Paul From Canada. Viva Mexico, Viva!

Room Tip: The best rooms are the ones with the balcony overlooking the fountain, and the park.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Paul M
Guadalajara, Mexico
Reviewed 23 October 2013

We chose this hotel for its location and we were not disapointed at all. Located right in the heart of the Colonia Roma a trending neighborhood full with restaurants, coffee shops and bars . The room has not so modern furniture (don't expect a flat screen tv) but it's very clean and its kitchen/ dinning table combo makes it ideal for extended stays.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed 5 August 2013

I am staying in this hotel since a month, and I actually love it.
For a long stay, you can make a deal and get for a very good price a master suite with balcony (& hamaca) with a view of the Luis Cabrera square.
The service is great. If you forgot to fill up your fridge, you could call the room service. This is not so common for long stay place in Mexico city to have this service.

The square is one of the busiest place in Colonia Roma specially in the weekend nights. There is nice restaurant downstairs, Starbucks, and a beautiful restaurant opposite the hotel with queue to get served every night

You can walk from the hotel to the main street of Roma area Alvaro Obregon and Condesa, both area really safe also in the night, but if you feel to get a cab there is in a corner of the hotel a taxi service 24 h ("Taxi Seguro", few pesos more expensive than the normal one).

Book in advance because the hotel feel up really quickly I had to wait couples of weeks to get a room here.

Room Tip: Master suite with balcony view of the main square
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business