“I like the place very much”
Review of Casa de la Condesa

Ranked #189 of 305 Hotels in Mexico City
Sacramento, California
“I like the place very much”
Reviewed 12 February 2010

The hotel is quiet, clean, secure, & personable. The room was nicer than we'd expected. The staff was very courteous and the neighborhood & location was ideal for our needs. The staff had a small but functional grasp of English. Breakfast area was convenient and enticing. It is a solid 3 star establishment in my judgement. I liked the competitive pricing. I've paid more for less elsewhere. I'd go back again if and when I re-visit Mexico City. It fits my temperament and tastes well. I'm not high maintenance & appreciate value. Brent

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
Condesahotel, Manager at Casa de la Condesa, responded to this review, 7 December 2010
Dear Guest,
We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Thank you for your comments and will be waiting for your return back to Mexico City.

Casa de la Condesa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 28 September 2009

Really liked this place, liked the location, no complaints at all except that the room had bedbugs! Friend and I both had bites, found them on us in bed. Later found them in my luggage. Had to toss everything. Too bad, because otherwise its a great place.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your comments.
The hotel has been at work refurbishing all of our suites, and have changed our pest control company. Thanks to your comment we have better rooms and service.

Travellers are raving about these Mexico City hotels

Somerset, England
Reviewed 23 July 2009

Having read the reviews after booking I was nervous turning up at the hotel, but the week we stayed there was great. We had two suites which were fine. Bathrooms are small but served their purpose. Staff were friendly. All the rooms at the back of the hotel were undergoing rebuilding and refurbishment, but no noise and did not detract from the stay. The gelato underneath does good coffee and loads of good restaurants in the lovely square. We spent the week wandering Mexico City and Teotihuacan and the location of the hotel was great for this. Real pleasure to come back from busy city to the peace of the square. Happily recommend to all.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
Dear Guest,
We are very pleased to recieve your good comments.
It was a pleasure to be your host in Mexico City.

Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed 17 June 2009

Most of the negatives you've read here about Casa de la Condesa are correct: shabby rooms in poor condition, pluming or electrical problems, surly staff. And yet I've stayed there three times and probably will do so again. Here's why:

As others have said, the location is great on a residential Roma block just a short walk south from Avenida Alvaro Obregon. Not many other choices in Roma are so appealing in this regard. I always request an upper-floor room overlooking the pretty Plaza Luis Cabrera, where I can nap in the hammock to the ambient sounds of the kids in the plaza kicking a soccer ball around. The hotel's rates are great and, when you get right down to it, I'm not in Mexico City for the hotel -- I want to be close to the part of the city I like. So, I put up with the shabbiness and occasionally rude service at Casa de la Condesa and I have a great time.

I should note that I haven't felt unsafe in the hotel, and have never had any problems with security. Although I do wish the hotel rooms had a deadbolt or a chain that blocked access from the outside.

Stayed May 2008, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thak you for your comments. We have been refurbishing our suites and I hope by the next time you come back to the hotel you will see improvment. Our staff will be delighted to have you back at Casa de la Condesa. The doors have dead bolts for your security and we have insaled a new security camera system. I hope by your next visit we can meet in order to mmet your standards.

Australia
Reviewed 12 June 2009

We had a room at the front of the hotel overlooking the street and a lovley park with a fountain. It was not noisy which may be due to the area being more residential than commercial. Our room was cleaned daily. We had a hammock on our balcony and the bed was comfortable. A Mexican continental breakfast was included (note that a continental breakfast in Mexico consists of toast and coffee) and the kitchen staff were lovely. The front desk staff were mostly very friendly and helpful and probably would have been moreso if our Spanish was better. There are a few places to eat but you have to do a bit of searching for them. I would suggest avoiding the Italian on the corner except for drinks as the food wasn't very nice. The hotel is within walking distance of the metro station (about 15 minutes) and the Turibus stops about two blocks away. Overall, I was very happy staying here. Oh, and they played FANTASTIC instrumental versions of tacky songs in the patio during breakfast. Seriously. And there was free WiFi.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with friends
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 February 2009

Just back from a two week trip travelling round mexico and this was possibly the best little gem we stumbled upon. It was myself and a friend and the room was ideal - two double beds, a little kitchenette with fridge - very handy and a microwave.

Location is great. Less than ten minutes walk from a number of metro stations and lots of nice little bars and restaurants around in a pleasant setting with parks and fountains. Easy enough to get anywhere but a little away from the hustle and bustle.

As a base for exploring Mexico city we found this place perfect and would highly recommend it

• Stayed January 2009, travelled with friends
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 2 December 2008

We were told that the reservations that we made (and paid for) would not be honored because there were no rooms available.

They offered to send us to a different hotel owned by the same company. We refused, and went to a big chain hotel instead.

The best part was when I called to get a refund, they told Hotels.com that they moved us to a different hotel and even paid for the taxi (a total lie, in fact, their taxi driver ripped us off). So they refuse to issue a refund.

The place looks run down, although the neighborhood is beautiful. I would highly recommend Lamm Restaurante. Gorgeous place with phenomenal food.

• Liked — Great neighborhood
  • Disliked — Incompetent and unhelpful staff
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)