This is one of the worse hotels I have experienced in my life and I travel a lot...the sad thing is that every employee with who I interacted seemed to have a good intention.
Here is a summary of the very dissapoting experience:
- Got to the hotel and discovered that the taxi service (from aiport to hotel) couldn't be charged to the room. They expected I was going to have $800 pesos to pay directly to the driver....crazy! I ordered the pick up service at the time of my reservation was done.
- Get to the room to find out the light balls in the bathroom were not working.
- Tried to dry my hair in a mornign rushing for a meeting...to find out the hairdryer didn't work.
- Order breakfast on the first morning..got a double order.
- Order breakfast on the second morning....got the order wrong.
- Order breakfast on the third day....again the wrong order. At this point I'm wandering why I'm still ordering room service.
- Tried to use the espresso machine in the room...not cups to make the coffe....
NOTHING works!!! and on top of that they charge you for internet services.
The general manager contacted me to understand a little more the situation...say she would like to do something to recover me as a customer and in the same instant her secretary comes to the room where we are talking to charge me for 10 pages copy I have ordered (USD12)...Nothing, but totally contradictory. The general manager didn't even realize it!!!
I paid my USD 12...and just concluded that there is a BIG gap between the words from the employees in this hotel and their actions.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When traveling to Mexico City, plan for an exclusive experience, surrounded by the Chapultepec Forest, one of the most beautiful spots in the city, and a stone's throw away from important business, shopping and entertainment centers. Stay at the Grand Fiesta Americana Chapultepec, one of the most beautiful hotels in Mexico, and make your trip an unforgettable experience that is as distinguished as you are. The innovative and elegant architecture of the hotel sets it apart in the city. A view of the Castle of Chapultepec can be seen from most of the 203 rooms and suites, making it impossible to forget that you are immersed in a city that is full of history and enchantment. It is a place where you can unwind in style, comfort, elegance and exclusivity. If you're seeking an enjoyable business trip to Mexico City, we offer three executive Grand Club floors, featuring excellent personalized customer service, private check-in, european breakfast and outstanding service at the exclusive Executive Lounge, offering drinks and select light snacks. One of Mexico's top restaurants is Salammbo, where an innovative ambiance combines with an exquisite range of contemporary international cuisine. To make your business trips to Mexico City remarkable, Grand Fiesta Americana Chapultepec features the elegant and functional "Castillo de Chapultepec" room, which hosts up to 250 people and is accompanied by impeccable service, to take care of every detail. Within the splendor of this already iconic Mexico City hotel, you'll have the chance to work-out at the fully-equipped gym or find a state relaxation and beauty that's only available at the stylish, elegant and comfortable hotel spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Grand Fiesta Americana Chapultepec reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fiesta Americana Grand Chapultepec Hotel Mexico City
- Fiesta Americana Mexico City
- Mexico City Fiesta Americana
- Grand Fiesta Americana Chapultepec Mexico City