I would like to complain about the extremely poor service my family (2 adults and 2 children) received upon arriving at the hotel, after booking a room in the Fiesta Americana Grand Chapultepec on-line and having the reservation confirmed by Credit Card. We arrived at the hotel at approximately 7pm to find that the room we had booked with two double beds was not available. The receptionist told us that we would have to take a room with 1 King size bed and that there was no extra rollaway beds available. This would mean that 4 of us would have to sleep in one King Size bed which was totally unacceptable. We then talked to the manager and he said he would give us a suite at no extra cost but again this would only have 1 King size bed with no additional beds available. If we wanted two rooms which is the only way we could have sufficient beds, we would have to pay for the second one. I was extremely disappointed with the way this was handled and the manager was completely unhelpful and did not care that he had overbooked the hotel by allowing guests to stay longer than their original bookings (which was the reason the receptionist gave us initially to justify why our room was not available). This should have only been allowed if they had rooms available. We were in a strange city and then had to find another hotel at the last minute with two very tired children. I have never had such poor customer service from a hotel before and this would make me think twice before booking with this chain of hotels again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When traveling to Mexico City, plan for an exclusive experience, surrounded by the Chapultepec Forest, one of the most beautiful spots in the city, and a stone's throw away from important business, shopping and entertainment centers. Stay at the Grand Fiesta Americana Chapultepec, one of the most beautiful hotels in Mexico, and make your trip an unforgettable experience that is as distinguished as you are. The innovative and elegant architecture of the hotel sets it apart in the city. A view of the Castle of Chapultepec can be seen from most of the 203 rooms and suites, making it impossible to forget that you are immersed in a city that is full of history and enchantment. It is a place where you can unwind in style, comfort, elegance and exclusivity. If you're seeking an enjoyable business trip to Mexico City, we offer three executive Grand Club floors, featuring excellent personalized customer service, private check-in, european breakfast and outstanding service at the exclusive Executive Lounge, offering drinks and select light snacks. One of Mexico's top restaurants is Salammbo, where an innovative ambiance combines with an exquisite range of contemporary international cuisine. To make your business trips to Mexico City remarkable, Grand Fiesta Americana Chapultepec features the elegant and functional "Castillo de Chapultepec" room, which hosts up to 250 people and is accompanied by impeccable service, to take care of every detail. Within the splendor of this already iconic Mexico City hotel, you'll have the chance to work-out at the fully-equipped gym or find a state relaxation and beauty that's only available at the stylish, elegant and comfortable hotel spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Grand Fiesta Americana Chapultepec reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fiesta Americana Grand Chapultepec Hotel Mexico City
- Fiesta Americana Mexico City
- Mexico City Fiesta Americana
- Grand Fiesta Americana Chapultepec Mexico City