Casa Roa"
US$254
Zocalo Central(Mexico City)
US$189
US$121
All reviewsincredible stayexcellent place to stayevery morningstay there againisabelhostsneighborhooduber
Reviewed 19 August 2012

My husband and I traveled to Mexico City with his parents at the end of July to attend a cousin's graduation. We had the unique pleasure of spending three nights at Casa Roa, under the watchful and caring eye of Sophia and her staff. I must say that this was a wonderful experience. The house was beautiful; clean, brightly-lit, and well-designed for visitors. The rooms were spacious, with great views out of the over-sized windows. Sophia and her employees were warm, gracious, and very hospitable. The breakfast served daily was DELICIOUS, with a huge variety of dishes to choose from as well as a selection of fresh fruit, french-press coffee, and juices. I left the table stuffed every morning! This is an excellent B&B and I would strongly suggest it to anyone planning to visit Mexico City and wanting to escape the mundane and sterile feel of a traditional hotel. This felt like I was staying with family - except, at the end of this trip, I didn't want to leave! Amazing place!

Room Tip: Any room is great, with the exception of the bedroom in the basement - it doesn't have a private bathroom. It's spacious and lovely, but you have to climb a flight of stairs to use a shared bathroom. All other rooms have a private bath, so I'd suggest you request any of those.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank ToriCatJR
casaroa, Manager at Casa Roa", responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2012

Its our pleasure to share and enjoy your company. You are always welcome to visit Casa Roa, is your Mexican house. Thanks all for making us part of your joy we enjoyed you the same way... The best for all your family.

Thanks for your comment will help us improve to have a better quality service and other travelers to plan better trips.

Gracias Thanks a lot your Mexican friends.
Casa Roa Team

Reviewed 30 July 2012

My partner and I arrived tired and hungry. Isabel offered us a dinner to share with her family. We instantly felt like family. Their home is comfortable and lovely. The kitchen was a hub of activity where friends and family come and go. We shared recipes, friendship and culture. The breakfasts were amazing. Each day we would eat and go on a trip to the city. We walked to the bus stop and then the metro. Isabel and her daughter, Eva were ever so helpful. Thank you so much. We will be friends for a very long time!!!

Room Tip: You can take a taxi from the airport for $290 pesos. Once there it is a little far from the city but that was half the fun. We navigated the buses and the metro.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank franjapaniflower
casaroa, Manager at Casa Roa", responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2012

Gracias ,Thanks for staying with us !
We love to hear from you first hand about Vancouver and how life evolves over there ,charming was to see your experience of Mexico City ,it was very refreshing to share stories ,food ,and friendship with you it feels like we knew you from long time ago,and was our great pleasure to have you here !
Come back soon if not will go over there!

Reviewed 25 July 2012

A very beautiful place to stay. The entire Casa Roa is just delicious. Sophia, the manager of this delightful place, and her crew are very kind. Don't hesitate to go if you want to have a quiet and very pleasant moment!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bob3011
casaroa, Manager at Casa Roa", responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2012

Thanks My friend we enjoyed your conversation your interest for Mexico the jungle election process =D. We are really glad you enjoyed Casa Roa you are welcome opened arms any time back. Gracias!!!

Reviewed 24 July 2012

We were attending my cousin's wedding in Mexico City and we chose to stay at Casa Roa mainly for the location and the excellent reviews about it. We loooved it! All the people are super friendly... the neighborhood is safe,the place is lovely and amazingly clean. The breakfast was delicious. It really felt like you were visiting relatives in the city. The only minor detail we had was that in one of the other rooms there was a family with kids that were running around and playing with the piano at 9am, that was not really pleasant but at the end it was part of the experience and Isabel took care well of it.
However, among all, the best proof of how amazing they are was when I misplaced my wedding band and my engagement ring....We had already checked out when I realized it and I called them immediately. By the time we were back they already had the place up side down looking for my rings and they found them! I will never thank enough, seriously!..

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Liux1512
casaroa, Owner at Casa Roa", responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2012

Thank you very much!!
We have a great time getting to know all the family ,and we are grateful that everything went well ,you help us to be bettter everday ,and improve our services .
Gracias mi Casa Roa su Casa!

Reviewed 7 July 2012

Im Gil:
I thank a lot my hostess Sofy for all help and guide to move arround Mexico City no matter the city is huge had great time Casa roa is so friendly, best food you can find in a b&b or hostel, I enjoyed a lot a special toure they did for my to City of gods Teotihuacan! Ill sure returne to Roa to catch my plane back so see you soon and Gracias... amigos....

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Gil A
Management response:Responded 8 July 2012

Gracias !Thank you!
It was much fun to have you with us ,you help us see Mexico with new eyes ,and your apreciation of our cooking makes our work a pleasure ,come again any time you are very welcomed.
Your friends in Mexico City Casa Roa Team