“Lack of professionalism at the door made us leave”
Review of Sabor Amor

Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Roma
Reviewed 2 March 2013

We booked a table on OpenTable and arrived to find a woman at the front door who asked my name for the reservation, repeated it and confirmed the number of guests. She mentioned that she only has space in the bar. I confirmed with her that I booked a table, not an area in the bar and she offered to show us the bar.

The bar was nice, but definitely not comfortable for a dinner. We told her that this was not acceptable and showed her the confirmation from OpenTable regarding the booking. She went away to check again. When she returned, she apologised for not understanding the name before and let us know that she had found us a table in another room. We followed her to find the same set up, chairs and sofas around it.

We reiterated that we had booked a table through OpenTable and not a space in the bar. She then mentioned that she tried to call me to confirm the booking but was not able to get through. OpenTable, she said, allocates you to an area of the restaurant. I have no missed calls.

The confusing stories about the issue and lack of professionalism made us leave. We took a short walk to Rosetta and had a superb meal with great service.

2  Thank Jaydoubleuu

Reviewed 15 November 2012

The fantastic decor of differente ambiences, full of mexican pop and kitsch motives here and there, is complemented by a wonderful selection of mezcales, great food and friendly service. It was perfect for an evening with friends, out on the terrace, amongst several plates we all shared. Every plate was beautifully presented, well balanced in flavors and very authentic. For both tourists who want to discover mexican cusine and for locals who want to enjoy the beloved typical dishes.
Attention to detail is well welcome and service was very attentive, music was fun and perfect for the scene.
A new must in the city!

5  Thank anashini
Reviewed 28 May 2012

2 Options: Bar or/& Restaurant. I went with my family and It was different in a good way. So charming! A rough diamond I think (I hope they get better) and I wil definitely come back.

1  Thank JedLi
Reviewed 24 February 2012

I wen´t to celebrate Valentines. If you can make a reservation before you go it´s no big so just a few open tables. At the beginning the give you a little "flotante" of red wine with lemon "nieve" so good to clean your taste and then ask for a bottle of red or white wine. Ask for the duck, the enchilada of barbacoa and the for "the french" for dessert. Next time you visit Mexico city for business or pleasure you MUST go to this place

3  Thank marucz
Reviewed 22 February 2012

Slow service, bad food. The place is amazing! Recomended just for drinks

2  Thank Macbordo