“Mexico DF”

City Express Ciudad de Mexico Alameda
Ranked #155 of 312 Hotels in Mexico City
Reviewed 30 March 2013

At arrival, they didn't have record of our reservation, but we got our room anyway without problem. Stayed for 7 nights, got complimentary continental breakfast (toast, coffee and OJ)
There is remodeling construction going on and noise during the day since about 8 am.
Very good value and location, very safe zone one block from Alameda park.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for City Express Ciudad de Mexico Alameda

Reviewed 21 February 2013

We like a place to stay where we sleep, shower, and stash our stuff, in a place that is safe and affordable. This hotel was perfect for us. It's close to two metro stops, a short walk to Zocalo, and close to Alameda Park. The elevator got stuck when we tried it for the first time, and I think it's because of the renovations. We played it safe for the rest of our stay and just took the stairs. The floor were a bit dusty, and we had noisy neighbors the first night, but otherwise, we have no other complaints.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank mrsmbm
Reviewed 5 February 2013

The hotel is near Alameda Park, a short walk from the historic centre, and all the main attractions. The newly renovated rooms look good but have paper thin walls and single glazing, so let through all the noise from the corridors and street.

Breakfast is good, wireless internet is free but uselessly slow (always <20kb/s, usually <1kb/s for the four day we were there ).

Room Tip: Away from the street if possible. Renovation work is still ongoing on the second floor in Feb 2013.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank swhale
Reviewed 3 February 2013

The Howard Johnson Alameda was a great place to stay. Economical, clean, comfortable beds, but the best about it is the staff. Always nice and smiling, always ready to help, nothing ever difficult.

Great service guys, I would be back there when I return to Mexico.

Room Tip: All rooms are good. Perhaps the ones facing the street are better for the moment as there is constr...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 July 2012

Wonderful location, very close to the Zocalo square. Good rooms and nice prices. The staff is also very nice. Good breakfast and coffee available all day. Wireless internet works properly. I would reccomend and stay again.

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank marcolopes
Reviewed 30 May 2012

Howard Johnson Alameda Hotel is situated in a central position, near Alameda Park, Pallacio delle Belle Arte, Placa Mayor, etc.
The rooms are large, the beds are ok. Unfortunately, no minibar.
The staff from reception desk was enough receptive at ours problems.
There was a small problem with the noisy works of renovation, but it wasn’t so bad like I expected, after reading the reviews of other people which passed some nights at this hotel. I remember to hear one time or twice some hammer drill works, but it was for very short periods.
The breakfast was variate and very good, but was a problem with the waiters. You must be very patient, because they understand very bad, even in Spanish, and you have to insist to see if they will bring what you ordered.
I should recommend this hotel to my friends.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Gabriel A
Reviewed 15 January 2012

I had made a reservation about 2 weeks in advance of my arrival. When I arrived on January 3, 2012 I was told I did not have a reservation! Fortunately, I had printed my reservation info, which I highly recommend you do and carry it with you regardless of which hotel you stay at, and presented it to front desk person. I was accomadated immediately, but, was told that the type of room I had reserved was not available. I was given a room that had just been remodeled and smelled like fresh paint. The A/C, heater unit was not connected so the room was COLD at night, clock/radio/alarm non-funtional, fire alarm non-functional, no remote control for TV (deposit $200 mex pesos to get it from front desk!). It took TWO days to get iron and ironing board, THREE days to get a thick blanket since the heating unit had no power. Because the hotel is being remodeled, there is lots of noise (hammering, chiseling, loud talking, radio blasting, etc from 7:30 am to 7 pm). I feel that this hotel will be worth staying in ONLY months after the remodeling is completed. I would definitely check reviews in the FAR future. Hope this helps.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo