“I highly recommend this hotel”

Courtyard Mexico City Airport
Ranked #4 of 310 Hotels in Mexico City
US
“I highly recommend this hotel”
Reviewed 5 April 2014

I was on a business trip to Mexico City and stayed here two nights. I was very pleased with the hotel. The common areas in the hotel are very nice- restaurants, bar area, lobby,etc. The rooms are quite big- the decor is updated, the room was clean and quiet. that met my criteria for a good hotel.
In addition when we checked out, we learned there was a bus to take us to Terminal 2. A nice service because we were planning to walk to Terminal 1 and take the train. I think this is a good example of Marriott service. Nice touch!
I appreciated the customer service in this hotel. when I checked in , I could not find the elevator
( It's a big hotel) and an employee noticed a jet lagged guest and brought me to the elevator.
Another example was a waiter who exemplfied customer service at its' finest. I traveled with a group of colleagues and we had a cup of coffee late one afternoon. Our server took great care with us -despite the fact we were only ordering coffee. We decided to have a drink and then dinner and luckily for us had the same waiter. I wish I knew his name because he provided outstanding service.
I highly recommend this hotel

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Courtyard_Aeropuerto, Manager at Courtyard Mexico City Airport, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Dear guest.

We are very grateful for your kind comments, it is a pleasure to know we did a great job giving you another choice for your airport stay, but also great service, all, to improve your travel experience.

At Courtyard Mexico City we always think of every detail for our guests to become the best option in the airport area for frequent travelers.

We will gladly share your good comments to our team, as it motivates us to continue the good work. As a new property, at Courtyard Mexico City Airport, you will find all the amenities required for today’s traveler, as free wifi in all the hotel, open areas, and rooms designed for relaxing after a long day or flight.

We hope to see you soon.

Best regards!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (180)
  • Polish first
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 29 March 2014

Very mediocre food at the Courtyard for breakfast. Buffet was poorly attended to by staff...many items unavailable. Had to repeatedly ask for coffee, meanwhile wait staff all were gathered together laughing and having a good time. Told the manager what I thought about his establishment.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Courtyard_Aeropuerto, Gerente at Courtyard Mexico City Airport, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Dear guest.

We regret this situation and thank you for sharing your comments with us. It is a matter that helps us identify the improvements that need to be done in each of our services.

We would love to see you again.

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 28 March 2014

The hotel is nice for a layover but beware of the predatory restaurant pricing. They are waiting for unsuspecting new arrivals to go into their restaurant and pay prices that are insanely high by US never mind Mexico City standards, for pretty crappy food.

$50 USD for two so-so, poorly prepared, tasteless burgers and Cokes? We just traveled around Mexico and this is just crazy, crazy pricing. Shame on Marriott.

Hotels like this one need to stop ripping their customers off when it comes to food and incidentals. Shame on them.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank canuckawuka
Courtyard_Aeropuerto, Gerente at Courtyard Mexico City Airport, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Dear guest.

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback with us.

It is very important to receive the opinion and experience of our guests, so we can work on improving it for their next visit to our restaurant.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed here one night after a coworker recommended it being the best option at the airport. He was right, hands down a very relaxing stay. Extremely clean and quiet with great amenities. The security features are a nice touch, with a requirement of a key card to not only get to the elevators but to also use them. It's a quick 5 minute walk over to the terminal so there is no need to worry about getting to your gate. The room was very clean and there was little to ok noise the entire night. Will definitely stay here again on my next trip.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Courtyard_Aeropuerto, Manager at Courtyard Mexico City Airport, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Dear guest.

We are really pleased to read your kind comments, thank you very much for sharing them with us.

We are flattered by your preference both of you and your co-worker, as it motivates us to continue with the good work. At Courtyard Mexico City Airport make great efforts to improve and increase the safety of our guests and employees, as you mentioned, our keys give access to elevators as to other amenities such as our gym (which by the way, is opened 24 hours a day, so you do not miss any workout).

Our service and location are designed for the comfort of frequent travelers, we really hope to see you soon.

San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 25 March 2014

Great hotel! very clean, secure and modern. Checking in was very quick and staff very polite .Direct access to airport. Restaurant staff very friendly and the food was great. I would return to this hotel in the future.

• Stayed March 2014
Courtyard_Aeropuerto, Manager at Courtyard Mexico City Airport, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Dear guest.

It is a great news to know that you enjoyed your stay at Courtyard Mexico City Aiport, we widely appreciate your comments. Our location and services are designed to give the best experience in hospitality and relaxation in Mexico City’s airport area.

We really hope to see you soon and continue to be your choice of stay at Mexico City.
In your next visit, if you arrive at T2, remember we have a lobby and a free shuttle to our hotel.

Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed 24 March 2014

I frequent this hotel often for a few months each year. The restaurant staff is always friendly and helpful, regardless of your needs. Special thanks for the last visit go to Ms. Jessica Amor, at the restaurant desk. She helped me with a special request for coffee for myself as I awaited a colleague for business. Their special attentiveness enabled a successful meeting! Thank you very much.

Room Tip: Ask for a courtyard facing room; a little less noise at night.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Courtyard_Aeropuerto, Manager at Courtyard Mexico City Airport, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Dear guest.

It is a pleasure to receive your kind comments to our staff, we will gladly share with them your feedback.
At Courtyard Mexico City Aiport our staff is prepared to give our guests the best service, and your stay was no exception.
We invite you to visit our official website, you can check out our promotions for frequent visitors, it will be a pleasure to see you again.

Porto, Portugal
Reviewed 22 March 2014

I booked this hotel since I was arriving in the early evening and leaving the following day early. VERY convenient, since it is IN the airport – International area.

These are my views:

POSITIVE POINTS:
As mentioned above, it is inside the airport, so very convenient for a one night stay.

Excellent public areas, and really contemporary look all over. The hotel is spotlessly clean everywhere you are, be it in the public areas, the sports bar, or in the room. I was very happy that the internet is free, and works really fast in the room.

The gym is great, better than many higher class hotels that I have stayed in. I must say that the machines are modern, and very well kept.

Check-in and check-out was fast and without any problem. I must also say that the staff is really friendly and professional… although I must also admit that the staff in the sports bar are a little too pushy, giving me the feeling that they wanted to serve me as fast as possible, and get me out of the place as fast as possible also. Didn’t appreciate this fact, since did not feel welcome. Having said that, this sports bar / restaurant has a nice vibe, and pleasant to pass some time, especially if you are having drinks at the bar… like I did after being “pushed” out of the table after eating.

The room is immaculately clean, big and has a nice work-station, which for me is always a plus, since work is important to me.

Being in the international area of the airport, it is very convenient for getting to your plane on time. There is also a shuttle to terminal 2 – for free running every 20 minutes..

NEGATIVE POINTS:
The only reason why I do not give this a 5 start rating is easy to understand.

Remember, this is a 4 star hotel, even though it is quite good. However, the price is ridiculously high … even if it is a “Marriott”. Even the Hilton was cheaper – 5 star.

In my room, the shower needs maintenance, since the dispersal of water was like one thick string coming out of the shower head, instead of a spray. I tried to adjust it, but any position you put it in, still only shot ONE string of water out.

SUMMING UP:
YES, it is convenient… and YES it is a good 4 star hotel. However, they should reconsider the pricing policy, since it is unreasonable. Would I stay again???… yes, IF the prices become more reasonable. If not... well there are GOOD options just as convenient as this one.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear guest.

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback from each of the services you took advantage of, for us it is very important to know the performance and service we bring to our guests.
We will take note of your comments about the showers, we make constant preventive maintenance on our services to resolve this situation.

We will love to see you soon again, please check our website for early booking and special deals.