“Great Hotel, Great Location!”
Review of Suites Del Angel

Suites Del Angel
Ranked #201 of 310 Hotels in Mexico City
Manila, Philippines
“Great Hotel, Great Location!”
Reviewed 16 March 2011

This hotel is in a perfect location. Not too far from Chapultepec Park, the Anthropology Museum, a huge number of restaurants, cantinas, and (of course) street food. Right around the corner from a bank.

The rooms were clean, and big, I loved the balcony. The jacuzzi-tub made for a relaxing bath at night. The staff were very helpful with booking expeditions to nearby Teotihuacan, Xochimilco, etc.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank AyeEat

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed 11 January 2011

Mexico City is a great place and Suites Del Angel puts you right in the action. My wife and I stayed 9 days and were able to walk to most attractions. Nearby are dozens of great restaurants, national monuments, theaters, museums, parks, and shopping. The Sevilla metro station is also nearby, granting you cheap and fast transportation to the Zocalo, Palacio de Bellas Artes, Palacio Nacional, airport, and the light train and bus station that take you to Xochimilco and Teotihuacan, respectively. However, I did have some concerns regarding maintenance and furnishings. If you require cleanliness you may consider looking elsewhere. While the maids did a good job of cleaning our room, we were given stained bedding several times. The top comforter had multiple highly-visible stains that must have been simply ignored for a long time. The furnishings including the couches, TVs, etc are quite old and worn. A bonus was free Wi-Fi although we had a weak and at times unreliable signal in our room. Overall, the hotel is a great value. Be prepared to ask for new bedding and you will enjoy n affordable place to stay where you can enjoy all that the great city has to offer.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank trvl84
Marshfield, WI
Reviewed 26 January 2010

We didn't even get out of the cab and the bell boy was there for our bags and to escort us to our room. He took the time to go through each room and explain how everything worked. The hotel room looked EXACTLY like the pictures online right down to the bedspread. I was impressed with their responsible use of motion sensor lights in the hallways and the use of the keycard to engage the room lights in an effort to conserve energy. Housekeeping was very accommodating to the unusual hours that we kept and politely called to see if we wanted our suite cleaned or if we were in need of anything each day. As it was my intent to improve my Spanish-speaking skills, I was thrilled with the staff's patience and encouragement when attempting to engage in conversation. Room Service was timely, the food was fantastic and at a very reasonable price. Aside from that, the location was fabulous and very quiet and within walking distance of the Zona Rosa, shopping, the Paseo de la Reforma, and just a moment's ride on the subway from the Centro Histórico.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank aloshek
Illinois
Reviewed 24 June 2009

We had a very pleasant stay at Suites del Angel. Would certainly stay there again. The rooms were spacious and clean. The staff was pleasant and helpful and most spoke good English. We used the microwave and refrigerator and had several meals in our room. We had our breakfast in the hotel and it was very reasonable. The living room had a sleeper which could be used if one person was disturbed by the others sleeping.
It takes about 15 minutes to walk to the Insurgentes Metro Station and from there can navigate to any part of Mexico City. One of the red double decker tourist bus stops is near the tourist information booth on Paseo de la Reforma near the Monumento a la
Independencia. Using this tourist bus you get an overview of some of the highlights of Mexico City and you can get on and off as you please. We used it to go to the Museo
Nacional de Antropologia, one of the best for pre-Hispanic art.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MEMZIllinois
Monterey, California
Reviewed 5 June 2009

This hotel has one thing and one thing only: Location, location, location. At the heart of the financial service, they would be an excellent option if only…

…if only they didn’t had such a terrible service!. At my arrival, they had me waiting more than half an hour for the check in; there were some other guests before me, so they lady at the front desk was giving them the customary explanation about Mexico City. No problem there, except there were two other employees doing literally nothing and no one had the initiative to check me in or even propose it.

BE CARFUL! the hotel didn’t honored my online price and they charged me the breakfasts that were supposed to be included! if they are dishonest about that, they can be it about any other stuff. Also, they did not give me an invoice (factura) arguing that because I booked online, I could not get one. THAT IS CALLED TAX EVASION!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled on business
2 Thank gandalfy2k

Travellers are raving about these Mexico City hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 March 2009

We stayed 3 nights on arrival from London. We were travelling as a family of 4, inc 2 kids aged 6 and 8. The suite was at the back of the hotel so was quiet but lacked a view out onto the street. It was large with a separate bedroom at the back, bathroom and kitcehette (inc fridge, microwave, hob and sink) in the middle and sitting area at the front. The boys slept on a sofabed in the living area, which was fine. There were 3 TVs (inc one in the bathroom) so we could get the boys to bed before us and then retreat to our room. It was clean and tidy although the decor was a bit dated.
They charged 1500 pesos to my credit card on check-in and then refunded it on departure - a rather unusual way to do things and I hope it all looks okay when I get my CC bil. But they didn't charge us for any unexpected extras. We ate the breakfast at the hotel once - it was nice enough but more than we needed. I think the cost was 80 pesos (£4) per person to which they added a 15% tip.
The location of the hotel is good, with some restaurants in the same street. There's a large and a small Argentinian restaurant. We tried the large one and it was very good in all respects. We also tried an Italian pizza restaurant in the same street - has a big awning outside in the colours of the Italian flag - but this was awful.
We used the metro a lot and the nearest station was about a 20 minute walk away. There are also the main car hire places nearby.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank timbonius
Perla Caballero-Hoblit
Reviewed 4 January 2009

I started to plan my vacation almost six months in advance, taking a very long time to pick which place to stay. My husband and I ended up flying for 24 hours, due to the "arctic blast of 2008". We were welcomed by Bernardo and Mari who were very welcoming, while we were checking in Bernardo took our bags to our room so we could have a smoother check-in. We were given a tour of our room and discovered that we had a t.v. in the living room, bedroom, and bathroom. Every day my husband and I were welcomed to the sounds of birds chirping there was a nest near our room; and the staff willing to help you with anything. There were a couple of loud moments when our surrounding guests were not being aware that there is a quite time after ten. But the staff took care of every problem. We spent a two week stay that included Christmas and New Years. We were welcomed one night to a small gift from the hotel to show thanks for choosing Suites del Angel for our Holiday stay. We were even welcomed by Mari to join her and friend to go to the New Years Eve celebration that was happening right in front of the Angel. Which was a free concert of Los Tigers del Norte.
I can't write enough about how great the room and the staff was. The ladies that were in charge of our floor were always happy and excited to hear about or adventure from the day before and willing to give us tips on the were the best food was or best buys could be located. I can't wait to back to say hi to my second home and new friends.

• Liked — The Staff and Location
  • Disliked — Paying for Internet
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)