“NICE BUT!!!!”
Review of Suites Del Angel

Suites Del Angel
Ranked #191 of 312 Hotels in Mexico City
Reviewed 13 May 2013

We stayed there in April. Twice. The room are spacious and well decorated. Location is the best. It can be noisy if you stay on the street front room. The back rooms are quieter. The air conditioning is very very noisy. Recommendation, don't leave anything behind, they are totally inefficient in communication and in service.

Room Tip: back rooms
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Corona B

Reviewed 27 April 2013

I stayed in this hotel for business reasons and I found it that it also could be a good to stay in my holydays. The hotel has very spacious rooms, clean and in very good conditions. The hotel is very well sited near the statue of the Independence angel and there are a lot of good restaurants nearby. So in this case, I don't have any complains.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Juan M
Reviewed 1 April 2013

I was skeptical because of the mixed reviews, but I liked the price (on Orbitz) and the size and location.
The hotel is a 3 min walk to the Angel of independence. Close to many restaurants (if you like the tourist deals).
Room was nice and big. Plenty of room to stretch out. I didn’t have a clock radio like it said I would though, but it didn’t bother me because I was on vacation! Who needs to know the time? Also, I didn’t have a balcony (probably because only those who book direct get “special treatment”). The room I had looked exactly like the ones in the pics w/the brown furniture and white and brown linens (without the flowers, of course). Cons: Thin walls and the fridge and the phone didn’t work… all in all I recommend a stay here. It’s not like staying @ the Sheraton w/all the amenities, but for the size and price, it beats it. Hands down.

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony and a clock radio upfront.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank chaparrin9
Reviewed 18 March 2013

I loved staying in this hotel. Nearby the main touristics places and located in a street with the best restaurants ever. Staffs all very nice and kind and rooms perfect to staying for business, because you can manage your ime very well. I recommend to anyone and I must come back here, indeed.

Room Tip: The 4th floor I liked, but I have no idea for the other ones, must be also fine!
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 March 2013

I made a reservation and paid 48 hours prior my check in, I arrive with my wife and baby daughter at 09:00 am and they tell me I have to wait untill 15:00 for other guests to checkout so I ran some errands believing that they would have a room ready for me when I arrived, to my surprise later that NIGHT they tell me they were overbooked even A DAY BEFORE MY ARRIVAL (guess they couldn`t have told me that when I arrived in the morning !!!), and to make things even worse they decide to send me and my familyto another hotel in one of the most dangerous zones in Mexico city.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank AkihitoNishi
Reviewed 5 January 2013

I am grateful reviews like this are infrequent, but my experience here may help you avoid the same mistake. To begin with, I was late in securing reservations and the Hotel del Principado was booked full. Looking for something on the fringes of the Zona Rosa I came across Suites del Angel and booked a room for the night. A protracted journey had me arrive late and tired, and I had to wait further for a desk clerk to arrive. It was then I noticed the "Elevators Out of Service" sign which had been there since Christmas, a real blow to people with special needs. I use a cane from time to time and was offended that I would be expected to walk upstairs, carrying my own luggage as it turned out. The clerk deflected concern about the propriety of not advising guests in advance, and handed me a plastic entry card. There was no offer made, so despited being 40 years older than this fellow I carried my own luggage.
And then I saw the filthy, torn carpets that lead upstairs. My heart sunk, but I quickly forgot the nasty because I couldn't find my room. It's a long trip, I'm tired and all I want is a hot shower and a good night's sleep. The signs were reversed I discovered by walking down a dark corridor of flickering lights. But the door wouldn't open. And I wasn't about to leave my luggage untended, so I lugged it back downstairs, and followed the clerk back up. Of course he never offered to carry anything. He was unable to open the door to the assigned room, but found it would open the adjacent room so I took it, took a hot shower and fell sound asleep.
It was still dark the following morning when I was awakened by a foul odor. The room smelled as if a septic tank were being vented in, so I got out at first light. And had to wait 10 minutes for a desk clerk to arrive. When I informed him of the horrible odor he didn't say a thing, just pulled out a small hotel commentary form and pushed it over the counter, never even looking up. The final insult was his refusal to present me with a receipt for my stay because "I had booked my reservation through an agency." I won't tell you exactly what I wrote as my commentary, but I can assure you I would never go back.

Room Tip: If you do decide to stay here because there's a kitchenette and big screen TV, be aware there is...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Chucumite
Reviewed 25 April 2012 via mobile

Could not stay at my usual hotel as fully booked. Found this hotel close by and it is great value. Spacious, clean, free parking and Internet. All in all it is very good and in a convenient location. Many restaurants on the same street and a block from the famous Angel monument on Reforma.

• Stayed: April 2012