“Still ill from food!” 2 of 5 bubbles

El Lugar del Mariachi
Ranked #564 of 4,170 Restaurants in Mexico City
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Reforma / Zona Rosa
DF
“Still ill from food!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2013

We went to a family party here and it was a terrible choice for many reasons: 1. The music is so loud you cannot talk to anyone at your table, the food was poor quality and worst of all, I became ill after eating there, a week later and my stomach is still suffering the consequences. We had a set menu (one person in our group was served raw, not under-cooked, raw chicken), and two drinks, for two of us the bill came to 1,400 pesos! Worse $125 I have ever spent on a meal with passable entertainment!

• Visited December 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank roxita

• Korean first
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Poor food; semi amusing Mariachi but work night out feel - better finding an authentic place”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2013

The food was poor at best, large place that was at about 20% of capacity. The staff were very busy and there was lots of "bouncer" type men constantly walking around.
The mariachi band were good (although one was constantly on his mobile phone on stage). The whole place was like a venue for a works christmas party. Walking back to our hotel we went past several more intimate places that had mariachi, which in hindsight we would have preferred I think.

• Visited November 2013
Mexico City
“For disoriented tourists”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013

They charge a cover for the loud cheap music they intend Mexican, that would not let you talk. Food is bearable if not affraid of getting sick. It was a mistake taking friends there.

Visited September 2013
Addison, Texas
“OK Time”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013

I was in Zona Rosa and found this place not to far from the hotel I was staying at. The area where the restaurant is somewhat dark at night but not too bad. This place is more for a fun dinner and somewhat of a tourist destination if you are into this. We did not have any dinner but just drinks so I cannot really speak about the food there. The service was very good. The mariachi's were very good. I really enjoyed hearing them. Being from Texas and living along the border with Mexico I did not see anything special about this place. However, if you've never experienced mariachi music before then I would recommend this place.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank B E
Mexico City, Mexico
“Very good mariachis”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013

First of all, I would like to say those were the best mariachis I've seen in Mexico in two years. Wow.
Waiters were very attentive.
Appetizers we had - tlacoyos and chorizo cooked with tequila were good.
Beef dishes were a major failure - overcooked. But cochinito pibil was very good. Beware the habanero chili.

Had a great time.