“The most comfortable bed in Mexico city”

Krystal Urban Aeropuerto Cd de Mexico
Ranked #72 of 305 Hotels in Mexico City
Zacatecas, Mexico
“The most comfortable bed in Mexico city”
Reviewed 15 February 2014

Well I really know just a few hotels in Mexico city, but this hotel for sure has the best bed I tried. After travelling and just making a stop over at Mexico city in order to continue the business trip one thing you look and value most is to have a good sleep.
Very gentle and kind serviceminded staff, a convenient shuttle pick up from airport and transfer to the hotel (complimentary) and the great bed (I won't stop talking about it!!! Hahaha).
The hotel is located within the airport vicinity area and for a stop over or a couple of days is quite convenient. In the surroundgins of the hotel you can find restaurants (not west-end style) and stores for getting whatever you could forgot to bring with you.
I will come back for sure!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Iter A, Guest Relations Manager at Krystal Urban Aeropuerto Cd de Mexico, responded to this review, 17 February 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed 15 February 2014

We found this to be everything we expected and more. Definitely recommend this hotel! Staff is excellent, service is top notch, cookies are delicious and the restaurant food was also excellent. Staff went out of their way to make sure our stay and airport transfers were to perfection all the way.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Thanks for you stay in DoubleTree by Hilton Mexico City Airport Area. Please feel free to contact me at any time you’d like.
New York, NY
Reviewed 14 February 2014

Family of four stayed in the Doubletree on a layover to Puerto Vallarta. The airport shuttle (which must be booked in advance) is free and convenient. The hotel is modern and clean with very comfortable beds. Breakfast was included in our rate and was delicious - had the "divorced eggs" which was amazing. A very nice and convenient place to stay.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
I am very glad to see your comments about your stay at Doubletree by Hilton Mexico City Airport Area. Thanks about your comments we look forward to welcome you back next time you visit Mexico City
Sewickley, United States
Reviewed 5 February 2014

As a diamond member I see a lot of hotel. This one had great rooms! - I did not receive all of my diamond benefits (no breakfast coupon). As far as close to the airport....This hotel is not as advertised on the website. It is not really close to the airport but they do offer a shuttle.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Joshua J
Iter A, Guest Relations Manager at Krystal Urban Aeropuerto Cd de Mexico, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Please feel free to contact me at any time you’d like. In order to offer you a better experience, let us know your flight details for booking your shuttle service which is for free. I'll be happy to assist you personally.
New York, New York, United States
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Stayed here in late Jan/early Feb and it was nice. The facility itself is decent and is nicely appointed, but the area is kind of suspect as it's away from any points of interest. It's definitely handy if you need something as there's a WalMart across the street. While it's called 'Airport Area' hotel, it's actually quite far. From a taxi standpoint, you're in an whole new zone that's more expensive to get to than downtown!

Upon checking in I was warmly greeted by Georgina. She had great customer service skills and warmly asked me if I preferred to be spoken to in English or Spanish. She had upgraded me to a junior suite which was a nice room and a huge television. Definitely one of the biggest TVs I've had in any hotel worldwide. Bathroom was nice and this property goes above and beyond for amenities. Everything imaginable is available in the bathroom area. Shower area features a nice spacious shower that even includes a rain shower head. The shower knob is weird and I definitely had issues with hot water.

During my one night stay I ate at the Argentinian restaurant on property. It was just "ok" and nothing to write home about. Prices were above average, especially since it was a hotel, but not unreasonable. Service was definitely lacking.

I had an early flight the day of departure, and you must pre-register a shuttle in advance. The hotel has a fleet of Mazda cards which are new, and really clean, so I basically got a personal car service to the airport, courtesy of the hotel. My early flight meant I'd miss breakfast at the hotel, but they graciously arranged to have a boxed meal waiting for me upon checkout which I definitely thought was a nice touch.

This is a nice hotel - service, room, shuttle, were all great and I'd recommend it for those reasons. Georgina was also great! Only downsides may be the area. Wi-Fi is also EXCRUCIATINGLY slow. Not good for anyone on business trips as I haven't seen wi-fi this slow since maybe 2005. It's an open signal, so not sure if others are stealing the signal, but the bandwith needs increasing. That alone the hotel needs to address ASAP, as Wi-Fi as slow as what I experienced is enough to keep me from coming back.

Overall a good stay, and I'd most likely come back if they fixed the Wi-Fi speeds.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Iter A, Guest Relations Manager at Krystal Urban Aeropuerto Cd de Mexico, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
We are happy to assist you with anything you would need. We look forward to welcome you back to the DoubleTree by Hilton Mexico City Airport Area with our warm crispy chocolate cookie next time you visit our City. Please feel free to contact me at any time you’d like. In order to offer you a better experience, let us know your flight details for booking your shuttle service. I'll be happy to assist you personally.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 January 2014

Clean, comfortable rooms and ample toiletries. The hotel is actually not that close to the airport, so I find the name hilarious, but there is a free car service they offer by calling the hotel and letting them know your arrival info. I had it from the airport to the hotel and vice versa the next morning at the crack of dawn. There is a gym but sadly I was too exhausted to try it out. Also the in-room radio has several music genres which I appreciated. There is an Argentinian restaurant downstairs but just around the corner are local food stands which sell cheap, delicious Mexican food, so that is really the way to go. Many are clustered on the outskirts of a shopping/strip mall complex, called Suburbia, which houses a VIPS and Walmart, a pharmacy, etc.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Iter A, Public Relations Manager at Krystal Urban Aeropuerto Cd de Mexico, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
Wilmington, North Carolina
Reviewed 28 January 2014

Picked up at the airport even though flight was very late. Dropped off the next morning by their shuttle. Hotel is a bit further from the airport than I anticipated; a 10 to 20 minute ride depending on traffic. Staff very nice. Room was clean and quiet. Not a luxurious hotel but better than adequate with excellent value. There is a mall across the street with restuaurants and a WalMart. Great location if you have a layover and a few extra hours.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple