“Horrible Unsafe Area with high crime rate. Small Rooms”

Krystal Urban Aeropuerto Cd de Mexico
Ranked #73 of 305 Hotels in Mexico City
Oceanside, California
“Horrible Unsafe Area with high crime rate. Small Rooms”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Stayed at this hotel for one night on our way to our resort vacation. Chose the proximity to the airport and had a 7:00am flight. Hotel is in a very poor, dirty and congested area and read afterwards that the area is a high crime area. The rooms are very small .Old /nasty towels I have been a Hilton Honors member for over 15 years and never stayed at an ugly place like this. The breakfast was very complete and delicious. The service was very good. The front desk was very friendly and accommodating. Thanks to their staff.

Room Tip: Don't know what to recommend the rooms are small and with a certain odor (carpet powder?)
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
DoubleTree M, Guest Relations Manager at Krystal Urban Aeropuerto Cd de Mexico, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
I’m sorry that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion .We understand that you have an agenda to run and how important it is to get the best experience at DoubleTree.

Feel free to contact me any time , I will be glad to assist you .

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Moorestown, New Jersey
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Would love to be able to rate this hotel higher because I really liked the staff, they've got hospitality down. Really friendly and seem sincere in their desire to make you comfortable. The room was quite comfortable, 24/7 room service which was great for me as I arrived close to midnite after flying in the cattle section with no food. Location was fair for airport, took awhile to get there with traffic (about 25 mins).
Here were my 2 big issues; it took forever for the water in the shower to get hot- at least 5 minutes. I finally just stepped under the cold water, and a few minutes later it turned super hot.
The bigger problem was that I had to be back at the airport at 5am and requested a 4am wake up call. My 4 am wake up call came at 4:20. Sorry Doubletree, but any hotel-no matter how nice- that causes me to miss my flight, just doesn't get a high overall rating.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
DoubleTree M, Guest Relations Manager at Krystal Urban Aeropuerto Cd de Mexico, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Thanks for your comments, next time you visit Mexico City, We'd be glad to assist you happily
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Staff was very helpful, even though we had to leave at 4:00 AM to catch an early flight. Not a lot of restaurants in the area, though the hotel is near the Jamaica Mercado and a large mall with Walmart.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

1 Thank Dave B
Iter A, Guest Relations Manager at Krystal Urban Aeropuerto Cd de Mexico, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
It's my pleasure to greet you and thank about your comments. Feel free to contact me any time, I will be glag to assist you.
Toronto
Reviewed 8 April 2014

We stayed for one night only (Saturday) at the Doubletree Hilton and found the room to be clean, comfortable and well-appointed. While there was a note (in Spanish only) tucked in with the room key that mentioned some ongoing construction (I think that's what it said), we were not bothered by noise of any kind. Unfortunately, though, and maybe due to the construction, there was almost no hot water to speak of in the shower the next morning. It was only after running the tap for a full 10 minutes that I was brave enough to step in. We contacted the front desk and they offered to send someone up to take a look but we declined knowing that it would not make a difference. It should also be noted that the water in the hotel CANNOT be used for drinking or brushing your teeth. Free bottled water is left by the sink and must be used. **Note to management: It would be a good idea to stick a note nearby to advise the guests of this.** I came very close to brushing with tap water and decided at the last second to call the desk and ask. In addition, please be aware that the front desk attendants speak only a little English, but there are managers around who are fluently bilingual and they are always more than willing to help. We ordered room service for breakfast, which was okay, but they mixed up our order and had to take the tray back to the kitchen. About ten minutes later, we received the right food (or close enough) but they hadn't freshened up the toast or coffee -- both of which were stone cold. Oh well.
As far as location goes, the hotel is about a 10-15 minute drive to the airport and we happily used the free shuttle. No problems at all in that regard. The driver was on-time and friendly. You are also right across the street from a shopping mall that houses a WalMart among many other stores and a couple of restaurants. My husband and I ate dinner at a place called "Vips," which would best be described as a Mexican Golden Griddle. They have English menus for us "gringos" but the staff does not speak anything but Spanish. No fear. Pointing and gesturing gets all the necessary messages across. The food was okay -- nothing to write home about. Be aware that Vips does NOT take credit cards so make sure you have enough pesos on hand. We noticed afterwards that there was a pasta restaurant a little further along if you'd prefer to try something different. And, of course, there is a McDonald's inside the WalMart.
We would probably stay at this Hilton again as a layover spot because of its proximity to the airport and the free shuttle. We pretty much got what we expected, but hotter water would have been nice!

Room Tip: This hotel is in a very busy part of town so there is traffic noise all day and night. I wasn't...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
It's my pleasure to contact you and read your comments abour the constructions, we really appreciate them. We are going to work harder to offer you a wonderful experience and great facilities.

Even I have read your comments about the water, I think there was a misunderstood with the information, we sorry about it. There are 2 bottles of water complementary, and they are for drinking or if guest would like to brush their teeth can use it, water in the hotel can be used for it too.

Feel free to contact me any time you like, I will be glad to assist.
Israel
Reviewed 2 April 2014

good business hotel, close to the airport, with free shuttle bus, friendly staff.
Breakfast is OK.
3 issues made my stay not perfect:
1. there is a terrible smell in the bathroom, i doubt if the management is not aware about it and surprised it is not being taken care.
2. the shuttle bus should be called by phone, there is no courtesy phone and, for a foreigner this can be an issue.
3. despite the management tried several times, no phone called could be made from my room to any local or long distance number (??)

Room Tip: all rooms are quiet and nice.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank mszt
Iter A, Guest Relations Manager at Krystal Urban Aeropuerto Cd de Mexico, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Thanks for your comments, We will work harder in order to offer you a better experience.
Springboro, Ohio
Reviewed 31 March 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

I was traveling to Mexico City and Queretaro for work. The hotel provided us with a personal taxi and was extremely kind, considerate and friendly. One of the best Hilton hotels I have stayed at over the past years.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Thanks for your stay and comments about our property. We are looking forward see you soon.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 31 March 2014

The service and the amenities were great. But apparently there was some construction going on AT the hotel on the top floor which was not informed in advance. The constant drilling/hammering noise was there from morning till the late afternoon. The water was turned yellow at times with dirt, metal like smell. Not too sure how long the construction will be going but other than that, the service was great. It would have been a lot better if they advised me or at least expected it and proactively organized it.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

It's my pleasure to contact you. We will syc better our times to offer you a better experience.