“Really Good Boutique Hotel Quality at Hostel Prices !”

Hotel Del Principado
Ranked #117 of 313 Hotels in Mexico City
Reviewed 14 July 2012

This is a little GREAT hotel. I am a frequent traveler to Mexico, and I have stayed at very many hotels, and to tell you the truth this is THE winner....you may have followed my reviews, well I have learned that this is the best price quality ratio nowadays.
Staff is ALWAYS friendly...Enjoy !

Room Tip: Rooms not facing the street are quieter.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank LouTor

Reviewed 31 May 2012

I stayed in this hotel for a few days, after returning from Quintana Roo. I chose this hotel because it has been selected as a Travelers Choice winner. The room does not have an air conditioning device, only a ventilator, so the temperature level may affect your sleep quality. The shower handle was broken and, when I used it, I burned my fingers. I asked Reception to fix it, but, after two days, I was still waiting. So put a towel over the shower handle to use it.
Oh... the first day... Reception assigned me a room but the next day there was a problem with the pipelines so they assigned me another room.
There were computers available near the lobby but the Internet connection was so slow... It's strange because I used the Wi-Fi connection for my portable device and it was fast.

Room Tip: None of the rooms are good.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 May 2012

Me and my wife decided to go to Mexico City from Cancun at the last minute so due to the great reviews we found on tripadvisor,we decide to stay at this hotel. We could not be any happier! It's close to the Zona Rosa...Reforma and even the historic center if you like walking. I was suprised that the hotel was very clean, my room was great,comportable bed,hot shower, tv and overall it meet my expectation especially for the good low price. The staff was good too! The receptionist even helped us set up tours and recommended us to alot of places nearby. I definitely had a great stay and deff. would stay there again!

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank daniboy899
Reviewed 11 May 2012

In March 2012, we spent three nights in the hotel.
The hotel in a center place, but still very quiet.
The hotel is clean, order and the services are great.

I recommend to visit this hotel

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank LioraR
Reviewed 27 April 2012

I needed to do a few things in Mexico City and did not want to spend lot in the hotel. Based on the reviews I saw I decided to book this hotel.

This is a great hotel if you are looking only for a place to spend the night, it has a great location (two blocks away from Avenida Insurgentes and 10 minutes walking distance from Metro Insurgentes) there are many places you can visit within walking distance such as “Zona Rosa” and “Reforma Avenue”.

The price was fair, the rooms are clean they do not have a safety deposit box but you can request one at the front desk. The beds are not the most conformable and the TV did not work most of the times, also they do not have AC so it can get a bit hot at night. However and taking in consideration it is a budget Hotel I can not complain. The place was CLEAN and the staff is the greatest asset for the place they were extremely friendly and always helped me with my questions.

Room tip: if you have a hard time at night sleeping stay away from the first floor it is a bit loud.

So if you are on a budget and just need a place to sleep I would definitely recommend this place.

Room Tip: if you have a hard time at night sleeping stay away from the first floor it is a bit loud.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank chiquichango
Reviewed 19 April 2012

I was only passing through Mexico City en route to the U.S. so booked a one night stay at the hotel. The biggest impression it made on me was the helpfulness of the staff including a woman who I think must have been the manager. I had the last free room and my sister who didn't make a reservation needed to find another hotel. The manager called a hotel around the corner and literally walked my sister to the reception of the other hotel and gave her free breakfast coupons to come eat at Principado. The man working at reception was also very nice. I paid only $50 for two single beds in a spotless, modern room with clean, new bed linens, cable TV, wireless internet, and other anemities. The hotel is also located 1/2 block for a 24 hour 7 Eleven store and about two minutes on foot from one of the main boulevards of the city which includes a massive shopping center, taxis, and other coffee shops, etc. When I return to Mexico City, I will ASBOLUTELY book my room at Hotel Del Principado - terrific!!!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank sjt2008
Reviewed 7 March 2012

great place in the area of zona rosa... not expensive at all, but very good hotel.
nice service ... friendly and helpful people... definitely recommendable. only my bathroom wasnt in a good state, but although aceptable for the money... wishing you a nice holiday and a pleasant stay in mexico city and greetings from germany

• Stayed: March 2012