Hotel Del Principado
  • Restaurant
Stara Hamburgo(Mexico City)
  • Restaurant
  • Breakfast included
Exe Cities Reforma(Mexico City)
View Hotel
Posada Viena Hotel(Mexico City)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
Hotel El Ejecutivo(Mexico City)
Suites Marne(Mexico City)
View Hotel
All reviewszona rosafew blocksla reformabooked this hotelrooms are comfortablefelt very safebreakfast was includedstay in mexico citypesosmetrolinenspedestrianneighborhoodzonedistrict
Reviewed 29 September 2010

Great little Hotel in great location.Exceptionally helpful and friendly staff.All Reception staff spoke good English.Very clean rooms and very comfortable beds.Very good value for money when booked over the Internet.We stayed there for 4 days at the beginning of our trip around Mexico and liked it so much that we came back for the last 3 days,before flying back to London.Thoroughly recommended!.Just one word of caution though - the Taxi service that Hotel uses might try to overcharge you.We used it twice to get to the Airport and both times Taxi drivers attempted to charge us more than the Hotel Reception staff told us it was going to cost.In the end they accepted the original fare,but it was unpleasant experience.Don't think the Hotel staff was even aware of what the drivers were doing.Probably should have told them,but we were too busy enjoying ourselves!

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 September 2010

I agree with all the comments about this nice hotel, but when I went to brekfast everything was right till the end when the waiter Feliz ask me for a tip in a very loud and demanding way, be carefull with this gay seems very agressive. I observe him and he repeat the same act with other people

• Stayed: August 2010
Reviewed 13 September 2010

Location - pretty good, short walk to the main strip, area feels a bit dodgy at night but that is Mexico City, close to shops including 1 block from 7 eleven, shopping centres and tourist bus. From our city tour, Zona Rosa appears to be the best location to stay!
Room - simple but superb! So clean, well presented and comfortable.
Service - AMAZING!! Staff go out of their way to help you ie. Spanish translation, walk you down the street to show you directions, front desk staff speak superb English (rare in Mexico!) Look after the cleaning staff with tips - they try really hard!
Amenities - free wifi, free bottled water, computers.
Value - AMAZING!! We booked through Agoda,com and got an amazing deal!
Overall - STAY HERE!! We would again, I don't think you could do better!!!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 August 2010

I booked this hotel by phone after reading the excellent ratings it had got on TripAdvisor. When I arrived at the front desk, I asked for a quiet room. I suppose none of the rooms are noisy in this place because Calle Londres is not a very busy street, but I was lucky enough they gave me a room with a kingsize bed! Quite amazing for a solo traveller. The room was very spacious. It was a bit dark because the window opened to a light well, but I didn't mind because all I wanted was to sleep well - anyway you don't spend much time in hotel rooms in a city like Mexico. Also the furniture was made from wood veneer, which I don't really like, but for the rate - around 40 Euros - it is still very good value. The TV has a huge screen and the bathroom was nice and spacious. Cleanliness was good but not excellent - I found some dust and fluff on the floor. Breakfast is included in the room rate. It is Mexican and generous, but not everyone's taste. If you are a vegetarian like me you will find it very meat-based. The restaurant staff, however, is very friendly and well-educated and will do whatever they can to make you feel at ease.
The hotel has three computers connected to the internet which they offer at no charge. Free WiFi is also available and worked in my room.
What I found curious is that the management seemed to handle room rates on a flexible base. I first paid the official rate of 650 pesos, then asked for a discount and got the third night offered for 580 pesos. When I came to the front desk to ask for my key at night, I saw that the staff had a list with the names of all the guests and the rates they were paying. Some of them were paying as little as 45 pesos. So it might be worth bargaining for a better rate.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 August 2010

I booked two of my three nights at Hotel Del Principado based on TripAdvisor reviews and I wish I had stayed there for all three. To/From the airport to this hotel will be around $150 pesos in an official taxi. Be sure to carry the address and phone number on you just in case as my taxi driver did not know how to find it.

Fabulous beds, quiet room, free internet, great food, free bottled water and even decent cable selections. They also have a taxi available if needed 24 hours a day. The location is in Zona Rosa but there is not too much right next to the hotel. However, you can walk or take a taxi to see sights.

As a solo female traveler from the States, I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo