“Good places to stay”

Hotel El Ejecutivo
Ranked #52 of 305 Hotels in Mexico City
“Good places to stay”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Going to Mexico for the first time I dint know what to expect but I have to say I was really impress withThe hotel, is really nice, the personal is very helpful overall a good places to stay I would recommended to any one

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
GuestService_Online, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel El Ejecutivo, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Thank you very much for your kind review. We feel proud to know that you perceived such a good impression about us. As you kindly mentioned, we are polite and professional staff that always support and assist you with all your needs before and after your stay. We hope to return as soon as possible again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
  • Indonesian first
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 20 May 2014

It's a very clean, centrally located hotel, the staff is nice and helpful, I didn't their breakfast because we were leaving early in the morning. After searching a looong time, I think it's the best value for your money! 10-minute walk from Zona Rosa, the center is a short bus or cab ride. I definitely recommend.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Maria J
GuestService_Online, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel El Ejecutivo, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Thank you very much for your kindly review, we are pleased to read you enjoyed the service, price, location and facilities that the hotel offers to you. Even better than its service is the El Ejecutivo Hotel By Reforma Avenue’s location at the heart of the city’s business area and just minutes away from tourist attractions. We hope to receive you in a near future; it would be a big pleasure.
Monterrey, Mexico
Reviewed 12 May 2014

In this hotel I stayed with my friends for couple of days. It is located in good neighbourhood walking distance to several nice bars and restaurants.

I was especially glad when I found out that I forgot some of my belongings in the hotel. And after noticing them about that, staff was really helpful and they sent me my belongings to my address by mail without any complications, and I am thankful for that.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
GuestService_Online, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel El Ejecutivo, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Thank you for your review and your preference. We are proud to know that your stayed with us met your expectations and that our staff service was helpful for you; we can assure you that we will always assist our guests with all their needs and special requirements before, during and after their stay. We hope in a near future we can have the opportunity to welcome you again.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Downsides of this place: Moldy smelling bathroom because there is no ventilation. The bathroom absolutely stank. Install an air blower in the bathrooms. The pillows were all clumpy, which is sad cause the bed itself was comfortable. Maybe time for some new pillows. The curtains did not block out the sunlight so in the morning it was incredibly bright. The wifi worked but was not very strong on the upper floors. There is a nice lobby area to hang out. The rooms were pretty large. The hotel is in a nice area but a bit further out from the places you'll want to go. It is fine, but I'd probably look for places closer to Zona Rosa instead of this place.

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
GuestService_Online, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel El Ejecutivo, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write your sincere opinions about your recent stay with us. We dearly appreciate all kind of feedback we receive from our guests since they show us our opportunity areas and give us the chance of keep improving our service.

We hope that you consider visiting us again as it will always be a pleasure for us to receive you.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 19 April 2014

There is so much to say about this hotel! My friend and I just got back tonight, and I simply couldn't wait to write my review. Let me first start by stating that the staff is excellent! Everyone is EXTREMELY friendly and helpful. All of the members of the staff were willing to do anything to keep their guests happy. The first night we found that our shower head was loose and was causing water to wet the floor. The next morning as we were heading out, we let the front desk know and asked if something could be done to resolve it. When we arrived that evening, our shower head was completely replaced and all was functioning at a 100%. Another day, we ate breakfast at the hotel restaurant. Not only was our waiter super friendly and informative (about the area and Mexican culture), but he also gave us complimentary bread and Mexican salsa spread as a welcome gift. Another example of the hotel's exemplary service is the fact that they sent all guests courtesy notes warning us of the Mexican daylight savings time. This was definitely something they didn't have to do but did anyway! Lastly, the most important thing is that there are NO bed bugs. With all the bed bug frenzy happening, this is was something I was truly worried about; I definitely didn't have to worry. The establishment is very clean (A+ rating), and I honestly believe that bed bugs aren't ever going to be an issue here.

Overall, El Hotel is relatively close (a long walk or short cab ride away) to a lot of things (El Palacio de Bellas Artes, shopping, el Catedral, el Palacio Nacional, El Templo Mayor, etc.), the nightly rates are great, the food is great and affordable, there is free wifi, and the staff is exceptional. Whenever I do come back to Mexico CIty, I will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: I liked staying in a room in the front of the hotel as there was a lot of natural light in the morni...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Melanie G
GuestService_Online, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel El Ejecutivo, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Thank you for taking time for sharing your recent experience with us, we feel glad and proud to know that our staff made that your stay with us was excellent. We can assure you that we are compromised in offering our guests personalized attention and unique experiences.
As you mention El Ejecutivo Hotel has a privilege location just a few minutes of the main attractions, like Palace of Fine Arts, Reforma Avenue, The Pink Zone, Chapultepec, etc.
Also we offer you clean and comfortable facilities to make you feel at home.
We appreciate your preference and really hope to welcome you with us again.
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed 16 April 2014

This hotel has great room design, strategic location and a fairly reasonable price. But advanges stop here.
Since the begining I had stong smell of tobacco coming from the other rooms, wich share the same bathroom air circulation! Also bad smell from the drain in the shower.
They have a very supsicious attitute towards the customers, everything you eat or dring should be paid upfront in cash. And they also charge a security deposit for the tv remote control! Calls are not allowed in the telephones in the rooms, you have to use the telephone in the recepetion and pay per minute, again, they don't trust their clients.
I got a severe respiratory infection during my stay , I can say much in part of DF fog, but they had ZERO cleaningness in the airconditoning filters, wich contributed to make this worse.
Last but not least someone from the staff managed to steal money from my wallet upon my last morning - about 300 BRL equivalent 130 U$ - I had everything ready and packed to go , valuables out of the locker as i was taking my last shower... I dont recomend. Look for a chain hotel maybe things go on more smoothly in Mexico city.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
We appreciate your commitment with the Tripadvisor community by offering a sincere opinion about your latest stay with us. It's a shame to know that these problems were not allowed to meet your expectations. As the inconvenient with the smell you kindly reported us we are taking improvement actions so it will not bother our guests. Besides we would like to mention you that at time our guests make the check in we ask for an open Boucher for futures consumption or if they prefer it they can paid directly with cash. In case of the calls, all phone calls are made through our reception department because of our commutador request it.
About the inconvenient with your belongs; this situation astonishes us, all our staff are always in the best disposition to assist you at any issue, our security department is always looking after in case that a unexpected event will happen and our staff will help you following up it. We can assure you that our entire teams are honest people with a lot of commitment with the complete satisfaction of our guests.
Therefore, we extend the most courteous invitation to visit us again. We are sure that next time you will feel completely different about us.
Beverly Hills, California
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Stayed right now 4 days after I changed from the san marino suites to this one.obviously the ejecutivo is better than the other one but still not the best.I guess you just can not expect too much for 60 us but okay.
Positive things:
Nice location,just 100 yards from Cuauhtemoc Monument on Paseo Reforma, not far from anything.
I had room 1402 ,last floor which is like a Suite and about 400 sqft big.
Nice new white and grey design,they finally modernized it.
Led flat screen,which is not as common in Mexico as in the Us.
Fast Elevators.
Wifi not fast but working and free. Additional computers in the lobby.
No one Smoking on the floors.
But not perfect.....here the negative points :
Check-in at three pm....come on! This is not the Shangri-la .
No metro station close. More than 15 min. To walk.
Not one decent restaurant close.
The hotel bothers you at 8.30 in the morning to check if room is occupied?
What is that,other people use a computer to check this.....
Noisy! Elevator is loud from outside and reckless guests are loud all night from the rooms with terraces on floor 12. I live it to listen to stupid soccer- matches at 1 in the morning,or their terrible kids running around on the terraces at 7 am.
Mattresses as hard as stone.
No breakfast.
No bathtubs.
No stove,refridgerator,no coffee maker,coffee,nothing.....
Resuming.
I like the design,the space and the staff which was friendly, the noise and the missing amenities will only make it a secondary choice,
Would rate it 3.5 stars.
Would I come back.....I guess not......
Have fun,Mexico is fantastic.

Room Tip: Topfloors are more spacious but loud, no idea what to suggest :)
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank adrianmiami
GuestService_Online, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel El Ejecutivo, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Thank you for taking your time to provide us with your feedback as well as sharing your experience with other travelers. We are deeply sorry knowing that your stay with us was not completely satisfactory. As the issues you kindly reported us we would like to mention you that when a guest arrives before the check in time and we have available rooms we assign those rooms to our guests in order that they will have not to wait. In case of the housekeeping staff, we have a specific procedure where besides check the situation a room is, they go to verify it to the rooms because there are times where our guests are in house but not at that time; but we can assure you we will verify carefully this procedure so our guests will not feel allowed. As the breakfast inconvenient, we would like to mention you that we have two restaurants that start they service at 07:00 am, but we will be assure that our staff will mention this to our guests.
We really appreciate this feedback, is an opportunity to identify areas where we can improve. We hope we can receive you again and you can give us the opportunity to improve the impression you had on your last stay.